Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Even with the pay cut I think Howard probably should have taken the Iron Man 2 role. Because honestly, with all due respect, I don't think recasting him ended up making THAT much of a difference.

Frankly War Machine didn't really do that much in ANY of the movies, so I'm not sure 1 mill doesn't sound about right.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Even with the pay cut I think Howard probably should have taken the Iron Man 2 role. Because honestly, with all due respect, I don't think recasting him ended up making THAT much of a difference.

Frankly War Machine didn't really do that much in ANY of the movies, so I'm not sure 1 mill doesn't sound about right.
    nah, what they really should of done was cast RDJ as everyone.

RDJ is War machine!

Is Pepper Potts

Cyclops ad portas

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

If he had known just how big the Marvel franchise would get, he probably would have taken the pay cut for IM2.

Hollywood is filled with these kind of stories, though. Craig T. Nelson was the first pick for Ed O' Neill's role in Modern Family, but was insulted by the pay they offered. If he'd known how Modern Family would explode, maybe he'd have reconsidered...

Of course, if Iron Man 2 had killed the franchise and Avengers was a box office bomb, then Howard dropping out might have been seen as a saavy move that gave hime more negotiating power, instead of the guy who possibly let his ego get in the way of something huge. So I really can't fault any of the parties involved, as there seem to be logical reasons for everyone's actions.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Hollywood is filled with these kind of stories, though. Craig T. Nelson was the first pick for Ed O' Neill's role in Modern Family, but was insulted by the pay they offered. If he'd known how Modern Family would explode, maybe he'd have reconsidered...
    I read that from Nelson in an interview recently...wow

I wonder how that would have changed the show because I think Ed O'Neill is fantastic
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post

I wonder how that would have changed the show because I think Ed O'Neill is fantastic
    I think he's one of the highlights of the show, especially when he's paired with Lily. My dad is an even bigger Ed O'Neill fan, but I'd be lying if I said i didn't see a similarity between the two of them.

With that said, as a 5 yr old, I would always confuse Nelson and O'Neill, simply because they were two tall, big, balding grumpy white men. I honestly thought it was one actor on two sitcoms and that he was the hardest working man in television.
    “What I think the political correctness debate is really about is the power to be able to define. The definers want the power to name. And the defined are now taking that power away from them.”

In hindsight, it's hard to imagine anyone but O'Neill in the role. He just owns it on every level.

But Craig T. Nelson is great, so he might have knocked it out of the park too.

It's just a weird process because no one knows whether a show or film is destined to take off when it's still at the conceptual level. I was looking forward to Norton's Hulk more than RDJ's Iron Man when the trailers were playing, and then it was like...wow, the appetizer just trumped the main course!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I think he's one of the highlights of the show, especially when he's paired with Lily. My dad is an even bigger Ed O'Neill fan, but I'd be lying if I said i didn't see a similarity between the two of them.

With that said, as a 5 yr old, I would always confuse Nelson and O'Neill, simply because they were two tall, big, balding grumpy white men. I honestly thought it was one actor on two sitcoms and that he was the hardest working man in television.
    LOL! I love it.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    If he had known just how big the Marvel franchise would get, he probably would have taken the pay cut for IM2.

Of course, if Iron Man 2 had killed the franchise and Avengers was a box office bomb, then Howard dropping out might have been seen as a saavy move that gave hime more negotiating power, instead of the guy who possibly let his ego get in the way of something huge. So I really can't fault any of the parties involved, as there seem to be logical reasons for everyone's actions.
    http://splitsider.com/2011/01/modern...raig-t-nelson/

Not just Craig T. Nelson, only Phil and Gloria were on the original cast. All the kids were replacements, Claire was supposed to be Lisa Kudrow (upgrade), Mitchel was Tony Halme (upgrade), Cam would have been Andy Richter (down grade).

This by the way much interesting than beater of women Terrence Howard and his apologists.

2007 Mutant League Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Siddon View Post

Not just Craig T. Nelson, only Phil and Gloria were on the original cast. All the kids were replacements, Claire was supposed to be Lisa Kudrow (upgrade), Mitchel was Tony Halme (upgrade), Cam would have been Andy Richter (down grade).

This by the way much interesting than beater of women Terrence Howard and his apologists.
    It's hard for me to see anyone else in the roles now. I love the entire cast and their chemistry.

And Terrence Howard has been accused of beating women? I did not know this. But then, I'd never heard of him before Iron Man, and I'm not sure I've ever seen another film with him in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddon View Post

the actress who plays Claire is pretty damn good, I also know her from Boston Legal and I think she counters Phils dry humor very well...Lisa Kudrow (while funny in her own right) just doesn't do sarcasm that well

the actress who plays Claire is pretty damn good, I also know her from Boston Legal and I think she counters Phils dry humor very well...Lisa Kudrow (while funny in her own right) just doesn't do sarcasm that well
    I'm not familiar with Kudrow outside of Friends, but the actress who plays Claire is fantastic in the role.

Either way I hope his career is doing OK.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    He's not doing bad at all. The Best Man's Holiday came in second to Thor this past weekend, but also scored $5k more per theater, which is a very impressive feat for a non-action adult dramedy.
    “What I think the political correctness debate is really about is the power to be able to define. The definers want the power to name. And the defined are now taking that power away from them.”

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    he's not that great of an actor...and considering he's still talking about it says tons about him

a movie like "The Best Man Holiday" is where an actor of his caliber deserves to be

Elder Member

Yeah, Julie Bowen is note perfect for Claire. I've been a fan of hers for a long time and she's great in this. Kudow is a talented comic actress, but her tone isn't really right for Claire.
    Dr. Jackson: Who makes a movie out of a series that only lasted 3 episodes?

Teal'c: It allegedly performed well on DVD

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    He's not doing bad at all. The Best Man's Holiday came in second to Thor this past weekend, but also scored $5k more per theater, which is a very impressive feat for a non-action adult dramedy.
    It's an impressive feat, but trust me, it's not because it's better than Thor.