View Poll Results: Who should play Eddie Brock/Venom in TASM 3?

Voters
5. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Robert Hoffman

1 20.00%
  • Ashley Parker Angel

0 0%
  • Kyle Lowder

0 0%
  • Trevor Donovan

1 20.00%
  • Jake McDorman

0 0%
  • Other (Please Specify)

3 60.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Who should play Eddie Brock/Venom in TASM 3?

Who should play Eddie Brock/Venom in TASM 3?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	221px-EddieBrock.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	122000

Attachment 121994
    Robert Hoffman

Attachment 121997
    Ashley Parker Angel

Attachment 121996
    Kyle Lowder

Attachment 121998
    Trevor Donovan

Attachment 121999
    Jake McDorman

No one. Eddie brock/venom is a bad choice for a movie. Id rather see mysterio/kraven/ock/goblins or even carnage (if they have to do a symbiote)

Quote Originally Posted by Definite21 View Post
    No one. Eddie brock/venom is a bad choice for a movie. Id rather see mysterio/kraven/ock/goblins or even carnage (if they have to do a symbiote)
    I'd rather not see Carnage. I feel like he's on some already well-trodden superhero movie ground with the whole Do-I-Need-to-Kill-this-Guy shtick (which is maybe Carnage's only recurring theme), and he needs to push the franchise in a very dark direction to be done right anyway. Venom would be amazing if they actually took a page from the early 616 appearances and played the crazy stalker angle. If it was just the Ultimate Universe's Monster Gorilla Spider-Man, I'd be willing to pass on him, though.

As for who should play him. . . anyone who can be terrifying? I honestly don't care that much what they look like. I would have been okay with Topher Grace if he had the acting chops to pull off Eddie. Don't really know these guys, so no idea whether they'd be good for the part.

I'd rather not see Venom. Give me Mysterio, Chameleon, Hobgoblin, or even the Vulture.
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

Sony's talked about wanting to build Spider-Man into its own franchise and have spin-offs and other heroes and whatnot (and they also love to mumble about a Venom movie from time to time, though such a thing has of course never materialized), so I wouldn't be surprised if Venom surfaced sooner rather than later. Much as I love Vulture, he doesn't exactly scream solo-film.

New York Concrete Jungle Where Dreams are Made of

Howie Long?
    The die is cast!

I have no clue who any of the actors you've mentioned are. And the attachments don't seem to work.

Looking at their wikipedia pages, they seem to have a background in music, soap operas and/ or CW dramas. I added a "Other (Please Specify)" option for anyone interested.

If the casting of the first two films is any indication, Sony's going to go with a somewhat established actor, perhaps a rising star. It might end up being someone who doesn't have a breakout role until some time next year.

There will be two casting questions. Do they want a younger (early to mid twenties) Eddie Brock as in the Ultimate comics and third Raimi film? Or do they want someone slightly older (early to mid thirties) as in the regular comics?

The other question is how many movies they want Brock for? A multiple film commitment might be too much for bigger names.

Around the time of Spider-Man 3, I thought David Boreanez would be a good choice but he's probably too old now.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Spend your love on me Project Initiative Cascada's Avatar

I bet Green Goblin will be the main villain in ASM3. With Rhino and Electro taking the main stage in the second one, they will only introduce Norman as a setup.

The Chameleon and Black Cat!

Dane DeHaan because it seems like Harry Osborn's role in a later movie will be very similar to Ultimate Eddie Brock, and he will become Venom instead. Perhaps Norman Osborn (instead of Edward Brock, Sr.) and Richard Parker both created the Venom suit as a way to cure cancer, which could be the terminal illness that Norman has (as mentioned in the first movie)? Also, there's this: http://screenrant.com/amazing-spider...-harry-osborn/ And apparently Harry in TASM2 was sent away to a boarding school and Peter hasn't seen him since the death of his parents...sounds a lot like Ultimate Eddie Brock.

I JUST BLINDED UR BRAIN! Imagine Cobblepot Nude's Avatar

Honestly I don't think anyone should play Eddie, because Flash is a far more interesting host, with far more interesting ties to spider-man/Peter.

But if I had to pick someone I would say Aaron Paul. He isn't built like Brock, that's for sure, but he has the acting ability to totally capture Brock's rage. We know he can nail the role of someone who feels they have lost everything.

Mild-mannered reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Joshua Jackson, Hayden Christensen or Jensen Ackles.
    "I wasn't bluffing" -- Scott Summers, 2001

Ryan Kwanten did a great job with Brock/Venom in that fan film from a few months ago. He has the traditional build for the character, and probably fits the profile for the type of actors Sony are going for with the ASM franchise (young-ish, good looking, built-in fanbase). I guess it all depends on what kind of spin they're putting on the character, since Brock has always pretty one-dimensional there's a lot of room for artistic license from the writers.
    Last edited by Patroklos; 11-17-2013 at 10:57 AM.
    "Doesn't everyone on here hate comics? Isn't this a forum where a bunch of middle aged men sit around and bitch about how they hate comics and haven't read them in twenty years?" -Mezzaro-

I think that Venom is a bad idea because of the bad taste it left in everyones mouth from SM3... Lets just have 2 more good movies like the first one then if everything is still going well... MAYBE introduce venom in the Sinister 6 movie or something. I mean there are so many other good villains left to introduce before we have to deal with the possible train wreck that good be Venom. Lets see how they introduce Doc Ock... I would love to see a film adaptation of Superior Spider-Man.
    Pulling: 18 Marvel, 10 DC. Top 5 Marvel: Superior Spider-Man, Thor, New Avengers, Guardians, Ms. Marvel. Top 5 DC: Batman, Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn, Batman/Superman, Superman/Wonder Woman

Obviously Samuel L. Jackson

Like duh!