Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Deadpool #21

This December, the Merc with a Mouth goes toe-to-toe with the S.H.I.E.L.D. in Deadpool #21 - the first issue in a brand-new story arc from the blockbuster writers Gerry Duggan & Brian Posehn and red-hot artist Mike Hawthorne! And it ain't gonna be pretty!

It's been a while since S.H.I.E.L.D. had Deadpool re-kill the reanimated Presidents of the United States - and Agent Gorman of S.H.I.E.L.D. stiffed him on his well-earned pay! After all, he doesn't do this for free, y'know? Now it's time to collect what he's owed - even if he's gotta take down all of S.H.I.E.L.D. to get paid! But with S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Preston's consciousness still stuck in his head - how's she going to feel about all this destruction? And is all this S.H.I.E.L.D. stuff a shameless cash-in because of the TV show? Ask guest-star AGENT COULSON! Don't miss the explosive start of Deadpool vs. S.H.I.E.L.D. when Deadpool #21 hits print and digital this December!

Full preview here.

Dr. Strange is back, Lola, and Agent Coulson. Good stuff. Don't want to get too far ahead of myself though.. still need to read today's issue.

I don't get why Mike Hawthorne doesn't have an ongoing gig, but I'm happy to have him back on Deadpool. Huge talent!

Also, CROSSBONES!!!

Also also, today's Deadpool was a great finish to the arc. Kudos to the creative team.
    Last edited by BrotherUnitNo_4; 11-13-2013 at 08:00 AM.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Deadpool did the same thing with Osborn and Hammer/Thunderbolts. He's got to learn to get half up front.
    Marvel: Avengers, NA, DP, F4, FF, Hunger, Infinity, IM, Mighty A, UX-F, Venom
    Valiant: A&A, B+HC, Eternal, Harbinger, SM, X-O, Q+W
    DC: JL, JLD, JLA, Bw
    Image: Bedlam, Spawn
    Vertigo: Fables HC

Quote Originally Posted by DJfunkyPuddle View Post
    Deadpool did the same thing with Osborn and Hammer/Thunderbolts. He's got to learn to get half up front.
    Deadpool's very much a . . . well, a "NOW" guy, you could say. Though I think we should see some changes in his process after the last arc.

I really like Hawthorne on Deadpool. They lucked out... really good rotation of artists. Wasn't expecting to see Crossbones, so that should be interesting.

Crossbones is on a long list of characters I have, formally titled: The Why Has This Character Not Been In a Deadpool Book List.