Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    Mild-Mannered Reporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    28,982

    Default Marvel Studios Debuts New Intro "Flip" Animation

    President Kevin Feige shares a look at Marvel Studios' new animated "flip" intro and explains its significance to the company.


    Full article here.

  2. #2
    Junior Member Xhatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Posts
    339

    Default

    I thought this new intro was great when I got to see it before Thor 2 in IMAX. Very epic & 'super-hero-y' :D

  3. #3

    Default

    Very fitting and energetic.

  4. #4

    Default

    This new opening in OVER KILLED, to sophisticated for nothing

    The old one was much better, and mysterious

    Might as well put the money on the real talent and creative movie team

  5. #5
    Half Man, Half Amazing hysang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,283

    Default

    .....

    No idea wtf the post above me is going on about.

    The new intro was amazing, reminded me a little of the Jerry Goldsmith Star Trek scores.

  6. #6
    Bishop was right. Sighphi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    14,149

    Default

    This is news?
    Talking about some logo thing in a movie?
    Come on....... come on.

  7. #7
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled Mutie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,645

    Default

    The least they could have done is make a list of all the books from which pages are featured flipping through the logo.

  8. #8
    Power Corrupts Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    16,979

    Default

    this deserved an article?


  9. #9
    Veteran Member Jmacq1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    8,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    This is news?
    Talking about some logo thing in a movie?
    Come on....... come on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    this deserved an article?
    Perhaps you both were unaware that this is a website for news related to comic-books across various media. One would think that the "Comic Book Resources" title running across the top of the page would be a clue to this, but nevertheless, it's possible you missed that.

    Given that this is, in fact, related to comic book media, it is, in fact newsworthy for this particular site. If the article or the discussion pertaining to it are not to your liking, then fortunately you have the magical ability to click your mouse a couple or three times and end up on an article or in a thread that is discussing something more relevant to your individual interests. I'm sure the staff of CBR is very apologetic for the ten to thirty seconds out of your day that clicking on the appropriate buttons and typing in your response drained from you.

    If you are concerned about only REALLY IMPORTANT STUFF I might suggest an actual regular news site, given that pretty much anything that this website will be discussing as news is ultimately trivial to the continued existence of yourselves or any other members of the human race.

    Anyway, the new intro was pretty cool It brought to mind fond memories of seeing the 20th Century Fox logo and hearing that fanfare before the old Star Wars movies.

  10. #10
    Senior Member PretenderNX01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    This is news?
    Talking about some logo thing in a movie?
    Come on....... come on.
    There are in fact entire sites that focus on advertising and brand identity as there are entire business news channels.
    It might not be something your into but it's interesting to me.

    I like the new opening in that it seems more substantial. While the old one was good, it seemed like it was there as a partner to other studios where this one shows they stand alone more. It's the opening for a movie studio's film.

  11. #11
    ☿Mecurial master of media Living Silver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    2,028

    Default

    I liked the quiet subtlety of the old one better, because it works with a variety of films. Remember, this has to set the tone and lead into the opening scene.

    The new one works well with Thor, Agents of SHIELD or Captain America, but will not work so well with Sleepwalker, Ghost Rider, Punisher, or whatever films they may release in the future.

  12. #12
    Veteran Member Jmacq1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    8,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Living Silver View Post
    I liked the quiet subtlety of the old one better, because it works with a variety of films. Remember, this has to set the tone and lead into the opening scene.

    The new one works well with Thor, Agents of SHIELD or Captain America, but will not work so well with Sleepwalker, Ghost Rider, Punisher, or whatever films they may release in the future.
    That's not really true. The 20th Century Fox fanfare didn't "go with everything" but they used it with everything nonetheless.

    And honestly, the fanfare for the Marvel logo sounds extremely versatile to me. It's got just enough hints of mystery and ominousness to it that it could easily fit into just about any of those characters you mention (Sleepwalker? Really?), while still retaining enough grandeur to suit the earlier examples.

  13. #13
    Half Man, Half Amazing hysang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post
    That's not really true. The 20th Century Fox fanfare didn't "go with everything" but they used it with everything nonetheless.

    And honestly, the fanfare for the Marvel logo sounds extremely versatile to me. It's got just enough hints of mystery and ominousness to it that it could easily fit into just about any of those characters you mention (Sleepwalker? Really?), while still retaining enough grandeur to suit the earlier examples.
    That, and there's nothing to prevent them from customizing each opening to the specific movie. Say, a similar Captain America theme. The opening fanfare is part of the Thor: The Dark World soundtrack, so I'm guessing Brian Tyler created it specifically for that movie.

    And, Living Silver, if you think there's going to be a Sleepwalker movie...just keep waiting. No one else will be.

  14. #14
    Veteran Member Jmacq1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    8,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hysang View Post
    That, and there's nothing to prevent them from customizing each opening to the specific movie. Say, a similar Captain America theme. The opening fanfare is part of the Thor: The Dark World soundtrack, so I'm guessing Brian Tyler created it specifically for that movie.

    And, Living Silver, if you think there's going to be a Sleepwalker movie...just keep waiting. No one else will be.
    This is also true, but I do think Brian Tyler's fanfare is intended to be part of the package/the "default" for the intro. Brian Tyler seems to be "the guy" for Marvel movies now (at least where Phase 2 is concerned) given that he did Iron Man 3 and Thor 2. I suspect he's on Cap 2 and probably GotG, as well.

    In short, I think Marvel's letting Tyler build a Marvel Musical Universe to go alongside the visual component. Though if the Thor 2 score was any indication, he may be keeping Alan Silvestri's Captain America theme (this is not a bad thing).

  15. #15
    I'm a male DebkoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    17,080

    Default

    I actually rathered the old one. Especially with the epic Iron Man 3 opening credits/scene.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •