Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default X-POSITION: Wood Wraps "Ultimate Comics X-Men," Brings "Ghosts" To "X-Men"

Brian Wood discusses his recently-wrapped "Ultimate Comics X-Men" run and teases things to come for "X-Men." Plus, exclusive Terry Dodson art!

Full article here.

gerbil on a wheel SoupStainedTie's Avatar

Ha of course he didn't even mention Rogue when answering the question about Kitty, Emma and Rogue.

You know, I love mister Wood's work on this title but in a group like this with Storm there, anyone else attempting to lead or actually leading sort of feels forced. Sorry, Rachel, I love you, but...
    "Shh... you were always here, waiting for yourself to arrive." -- Jean Grey, New X-Men 153

SMDH

Ya know, not a knock on Brian Wood, but it really feels like Rogue is just one day there and the next gone with absolutely no explanation. I get it if Remender offs her in Uncanny Avengers and that is that. But to have not one member of Rogue's family (ya know the X-Men, who she would jump in traffic for) even care she is gone? I get only 20 pages and all, but really no one is gonna ask about her being gone or dead? Kitty got a whole epilogue in BOTA #2, but Rogue gets fuck all? Going to my corner now to cry.

I like that we have now 3 psys on the team.

Hmm, if the rumors of a possible Storm ongoing are true I can see a possible conflict arising in which she leaves this book and Rachel steps up to lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerukun878 View Post
    You know, I love mister Wood's work on this title but in a group like this with Storm there, anyone else attempting to lead or actually leading sort of feels forced. Sorry, Rachel, I love you, but...
    I'd agree with you but Storm has changed too much and It's not Wood's fault. X-men members have always been bold and with strong opinions so It's not really that out of character to see them go against the leader, if they feel he is doing something wrong, specially Rachel who may want to follow her father's steps as a leader.

BANNED

I have Faith in BW!

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    I have Faith in BW!
    I do. I really do.

I just cant get worked up about most of the cast here.

I miss Gabe Shepherd!
    Last edited by Pixie_Solanas; 11-12-2013 at 02:29 PM.

Cricket, Pants and Tea. .LuckyStar.'s Avatar

The cast changes are disappointing. I can't bring myself to care for Monet or Omega. Looking forward to the Resurrections and Anka though.

Why is CBR asking all the questions?

Phew! Thank the Dark Lords Wood won't pick up Kymera.
    What? do you need blood spattered on your faces to even feel alive anymore???
    ohsnapulon5000

Rachel basically restarted the X-Men from the ground up in the future. If anyone has what it takes to stand up to Storm it's her.

Unlike Quitty Pryde.
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et août 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

Quote Originally Posted by .LuckyStar. View Post
    The cast changes are disappointing. I can't bring myself to care for Monet or Omega. Looking forward to the Resurrections and Anka though.

Why is CBR asking all the questions?
    I'm warming more to the idea of both, but I can't lie, it would be WAY more exciting with Frenzy, Dazzler and/or Sage.

Quote Originally Posted by .LuckyStar. View Post
    The cast changes are disappointing. I can't bring myself to care for Monet or Omega. ?
    They are. I get that Kitty got yanked. Rogue, don't care. But I'd honestly rather they left a rotating slot or just not replaced anyone anyway rather than offering full membership to Monet and Omega. They just feel filler. There were many choices that were so much better, Dazzler, Sage, and of course, my pink haired muse.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    They are. I get that Kitty got yanked. Rogue, don't care. But I'd honestly rather they left a rotating slot or just not replaced anyone anyway rather than offering full membership to Monet and Omega. They just feel filler. There were many choices that were so much better, Dazzler, Sage, and of course, my pink haired muse.
    We are SO simpatico! <3<3