Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default EXCLUSIVE: "Real Heroes" Cover Reveal; "Cast of 'Avengers' Does 'Galaxy Quest'"

CBR News has the exclusive first look at Bryan Hitch's full cover for "Real Heroes" #1, along with a bit of insight from the creator.

Full article here.

Not a bad-sounding idea, though I think we all know the actual premise of this is "Bryan Hitch draws six issues of superhero comics" (not a complaint, mind you).

The idea sounds cool and I enjoy Hitch's artwork.

So, it's essentially Guardians of the Galaxy without a Marvel imprint? I like Hitch, and I may try it out, but it doesn't seem all that ground-breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by HGeek View Post
    So, it's essentially Guardians of the Galaxy without a Marvel imprint? I like Hitch, and I may try it out, but it doesn't seem all that ground-breaking.
    Nah, it's not Guardians of the Galaxy, it's Galaxy Quest. It was a movie about a gaggle of washed up actors from a Star Trek style show being abducted by aliens, who put them in charge of their fleet because they don't understand that the show wasn't real.
    Best of the Best
    Grant Morrison; Alan Moore; Mark Waid; Warren Ellis; Mark Millar (when not all Millar-y); Elliot S! Maggin; Kurt Busiek; Jonathan Hickman; Matt Fraction; Jason Aaron; Garth Ennis.

If he's using Galaxy Quest as inspiration I'm guessing that a cast actors from a superhero TV show or movie franchise somehow gain real superpowers. There's a couple ways he could do it. The actors get transported to an alternate universe were they are living the lives of the superheros they were playing. Or some kind of global event triggers the emergence of superhuman powers in ordinary humans. Giving them the same powers the had from the TV show or movie.

I imagine the drama would come from one or more the actors becoming corrupted by seductive nature of having real superpowers.