Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Aaron's "Thor" Battles Malekith the Accursed

Jason Aaron talks about Malekith, the antagonist in his current "Thor: God of Thunder" arc, the same villain featured in Marvel Studios' "Thor: The Dark World."

Full article here.

I loved this run of Thor, right up until this "The Accursed" story-line. After the part 2 I cancelled my subscription. Average and inconsistent artwork coupled with what I feel is a pretty uninteresting story. I'll have to check back in when this is done and see if they at least get a better artist back on the book and keep that same artist for more than a few issues before switching them out for someone else.
    Last edited by wiski; 11-11-2013 at 12:07 PM.
    Image: 9 titles IDW: 2 titles Dynamite: 1 title Red 5: 1 title
    Valiant: 2 titles Marvel: 2 titles Avatar: 1 title Vertigo: 1 title

Quote Originally Posted by wiski View Post
    I loved this run of Thor, right up until this "The Accursed" story-line. After the part 2 I cancelled my subscription. Average and inconsistent artwork coupled with what I feel is a pretty uninteresting story. I'll have to check back in when this is done and see if they at least get a better artist back on the book and keep that same artist for more than a few issues before switching them out for someone else.
    Sounds rather hasty to be honest.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

BANNED

and keep that same artist for more than a few issues before switching them out for someone else.
    ..... Ribic drew 10 issues of interiors in a row, and fully painted 12 covers, the guy deserves a break!

could they have gotten someone better than garney, yes but thats besides the freaking point.

ribic is coming back after the malekith arc and the oneshot with das

BANNED

mr aaron PLEASE dont bring Garney back next time ribic needs a break, his work has been extremely sketchy and rushed looking.

get marco checchetto please, he needs to break out of street level characters and his thor in avenging spider-man was fantastic.

This should of been the version of Malekith used in the movie.

Can't agree more. Also feel like Mikkelsen would have been better.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

well, don't forget that The God-Butcher Arc is one of the best stories of all time. Its hard to consistently meet those expectations. Especially on how epic it ended. We'll see where this goes. I haven't been that interested as well but I do believe alot of it has to do with the heightened expectations.
    Cyclops was right.

I think the story is perfectly fine. The art is rather dull compared to Ribic, but decent enough for a five-issue arc. I'm curious to see how this "League of Realms" operates.

The ending of "The Accursed" really sets the stage for lots of stories to come. It's the next big piece of the puzzle. Things are set in motion this arc that will hopefully, if I get to stay on the book that long, play out over the course of the next several arcs and years. So this is a really big arc for the overall story I'm telling in "Thor: God of Thunder."
    I'm loving how Aaron has big ideas for Thor. This is the general theme that really has brought the depth to his story. He clearly is a big fan and enjoys doing the book.

While the current arc is no God-Butcher, that is no surprise, not every arc can match that level of quality. That said I am still enjoying the current arc more than I did Fractions run so there is no danger of me quitting the title for a while yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    mr aaron PLEASE dont bring Garney back next time ribic needs a break, his work has been extremely sketchy and rushed looking.

get marco checchetto please, he needs to break out of street level characters and his thor in avenging spider-man was fantastic.
    You think it's up to him?
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

A girl back in Bethlehem Cold Water's Avatar

Wow, I understand there are very few (if ANY) artists who can even come close to comparing to Ribic, but I honestly think Garney's art on this arc has been great. I have a really difficult time transitioning, visually, from one artist to another while reading a book. It screws with me when the art changes.
    But I quite like Garney.
    Youth ends when egotism does; maturity begins when one lives for others.---Hermann Hesse

Just have started reading Thor, the conclusion of his previous arc was my first issue, and I have loved this new Malekith arc. True there's been a change in art but I love the story so far. Definitely will be going back and getting the previous issues on the title. Never been a huge reader of Thor and only vaguely knowledgeable of the whole set up of the character. I didn't know how the Nine Realms were even connected until now.

A girl back in Bethlehem Cold Water's Avatar

And Holy HELL if those dark elves don't look like a bunch of Mystiques and Kurts (without tails).
    Youth ends when egotism does; maturity begins when one lives for others.---Hermann Hesse

Well yes, Garney's art has been kinda meh. I am really enjoying the story tho.

Thor GoT is one of the best books Marvel currently puts out, plain and simple.
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor