Default Thor: the dark world

I saw it yesterday and it was a lot better than I thought it would be. It had a lot of action and humor and Asgard looked beautiful. It was more fun to watch than the first movie was and the bad guys actually felt menacing. It was like The Avengers 2.0. I kind of want to start reading Thor's comics now.

BANNED

Pick up THOR GOD OF THUNDER
    GOD BUTCHER & GOD BOMB Arcs immediately they would be a great starting point and then just starting getting the individu
    Thor god of thuder issues as they come out

I have to agree with the new series however; If, like me to year to read the defining run google Walter Simonson Thor and never look back.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I have to agree with the new series however; If, like me to year to read the defining run google Walter Simonson Thor and never look back.
    How long is the Simonson run? I'm considering buying it. I also heard that Thor Essentials is pretty good if you want know a little history and background.