Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

Thor 2 just keeps powering on!

Christmas came early for Universal and the filmmakers behind “The Best Man Holiday,” including writer-director Malcolm D. Lee, whose holiday-themed sequel scored an estimated $30.6 million at the domestic box office.

But the merry “Holiday” still was no match for Disney-Marvel’s “Thor: The Dark World,” which earned a chart-topping projected $38.5 million in its second Stateside frame.

“The Dark World,” which so far has amassed a whopping $147 million domestically, reached $479.8 million globally, eclipsing already the original “Thor,” which came just shy of tallying $450 million worldwide in 2011.

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/bo...ay-1200845858/
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

Prohibiting a kid from seeing MOS until they are 12 seems a bit extreme to me. Especially when its not too long when they will find other stuff a parent would really cringe at. Down the line MOS is going to seem like a trivial thing. Hell I remember watching Halloween, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Child's Play (although admittedly that one did traumatize me for a while lol) as a kid. Oh well, to each their own.

And yeah, Thor's characterization sucked big time in the firs film. A jerk who's lived a thousand years suddenly becomes a hero after living a handful of days with Jane. LOL. The things some people will accept.

Immortal. So far so good! Treqqor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie512 View Post
    And yeah, Thor's characterization sucked big time in the firs film. A jerk who's lived a thousand years suddenly becomes a hero after living a handful of days with Jane. LOL. The things some people will accept.
    Well if you want to simplify it like that, sure, anything can sound lame.
    I know if I thought I was the indirect cause of my father's death and the last time I saw him I disappointed him and was never meant to see him again, I'd have a drastic change too.

Wouldn't you? Or do you not care for people?

Prohibiting a kid from seeing MOS until they are 12 seems a bit extreme to me. Especially when its not too long when they will find other stuff a parent would really cringe at. Down the line MOS is going to seem like a trivial thing. Hell I remember watching Halloween, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Child's Play (although admittedly that one did traumatize me for a while lol) as a kid. Oh well, to each their own.
    I'm against any kind of censorship, but as a Superman fan a kid watching that makes me a little sad...especially if it's their first real exposure to Superman.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

Its called parenting.

Eventually he will be able to watch Man of Steel, as well as The Dark Knight. And we will watch them together. He may even enjoy MoS. He's my son, not my clone. But at least I will feel like he is old enough to have a concept of what is really going on.

As for the other movies, Xander isn't getting the green light from me to watch any of those anytime soon either.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”