Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Howard Porter Rejoins the "Justice League," 1,000 Years Later

Artist Howard Porter illustrated the hit "JLA" series in the late '90s, and he returns to DC Comics' biggest heroes with "Justice League 3000."

Full article here.

I like how the Batman costume has a lot of elements of the Batman Beyond suit.

At least when Marvel releases multiple Avenger/Xmen books the cast isn't exact cast throughout each book.

seems interesting though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blkson View Post
    At least when Marvel releases multiple Avenger/Xmen books the cast isn't exact cast throughout each book.

seems interesting though.
    These are apparently different characters though.

Based on Porter's work on the Mongul issue this is going to be fantastic.

I kind of feel bad for Porter if he is getting a lot of hate because of the poorly handled situation with the artist swap. Out of that whole situation the only person that I lost respect for was Giffen he just threw his buddy Maguire under the bus.

Its a neat idea but it feels like DC version of a 2099 universe (I'm sure that is intentional) but I do not know if I will pick it up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inkink View Post
    I kind of feel bad for Porter if he is getting a lot of hate because of the poorly handled situation with the artist swap. Out of that whole situation the only person that I lost respect for was Giffen he just threw his buddy Maguire under the bus.

Its a neat idea but it feels like DC version of a 2099 universe (I'm sure that is intentional) but I do not know if I will pick it up.
    He didn't do crap, that was all DC's fault. Do you really think that Giffen is going to mess with one of his oldest friends? That would be like if he started to badmouth DeMatteis.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    These are apparently different characters though.

Based on Porter's work on the Mongul issue this is going to be fantastic.
    I'm interested in this title and have been tracking ti since its announcement

And from my understanding, this is simply "our Justice League" but instead of meeting for the first time in our timeleine, they meet up in the future.

So its basically like the flagship Justice League title, where we see all the members meet for the first time -- only difference, they meet for the first time in a different timeline.

Should be interesting.

Not sure how Giffen threw Maguire under the bus. In everything I've read he praises Porter and says DC wanted to go a different direction with the art. Short of resigning from the book what else could he do? Maguire was terribly miscast originally on this book since it wasn't going to be a funny JL. He does wonders with facial expressions, but in a darker book that is apparently going to be in space quite a bit his lines are just too clean and his backgrounds insufficient. DC bungled the thing, but it's far from Giffen's fault

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    He didn't do crap, that was all DC's fault. Do you really think that Giffen is going to mess with one of his oldest friends? That would be like if he started to badmouth DeMatteis.
    What I meant by losing respect for Giffen is he did not even attempt to stand up for his friend so your right he did not do crap he let him get humiliated and said he stood by the change in direction for the book and on art that is a shitty thing to do.

BANNED

What I meant by losing respect for Giffen is he did not even attempt to stand up for his friend so your right he did not do crap he let him get humiliated and said he stood by the change in direction for the book and on art that is a shitty thing to do.
    How do you know that? From what we know Giffen could have supported Maguire but he doesn't have enough power in DC to make the calls.
    Last edited by Rakzo; 11-08-2013 at 09:30 AM.

i think blaming giffen is a little naive. this is just another example of dc dropping the editorial ball, as always.

Just because he didn't go on Twitter and defend him it doesn't mean anything. Who's to say he didn't stand up for him to the execs and editors and console him personally. That's the thing that annoys me about all this Twitter back-chatting and announcements (and it's not just the comic industry), apparently now it means that if someone didn't do something publicly, it means they didn't do it at all.

Porter returning to JLA after all this time would be a great hook.
    If how he was put on the book hadn't taken the wind out of it's sails.
    Reading: Batman '66, The Fox, New Crusaders, Kings Watch, Trio/Triple Helix, Afterlife with Archie, Mysterious Strangers, Daredevil and Hawkeye. And soon: Silver Surfer...

I have no issues with who is "on" or "off" of this book. So far, I'm only concerned about the "how," the "why" and the "who" of the story.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

BANNED

Hmmm
    Considering the art we have gotten from this book so far and the Mongul issue, porter would have been a really good pick of artist on a Martian man hunter ongoing