Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Well he seems to be on a retcon spree anyway so why not?*sarcasm mode* I mean Lana and her mother were both originally mutants and while Lana is technically a mutant having been born with her powers, they're now from her mother having become a mutate because of Roxxon.
    Every single powered being from earth except maybe Blade are mutants. Mutants in the UU are powered beings that were created by humans. All powered beings in the UU with the exception I listed were created by humans. They are all just genetic experiments, the only difference is the delivery method. Mutants got spliced genes, Cap and Hulk got serums, Spiderman may actually be the same as a mutant except his gene altering serum was delivered via spider bite instead of a needle. Turns out the most effective method has been the traditional mutant experiment because they have propagated much more than the others. If you hate Kitty Pryde you should hate Captain America :)
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Every single powered being from earth except maybe Blade are mutants. Mutants in the UU are powered beings that were created by humans. All powered beings in the UU with the exception I listed were created by humans. They are all just genetic experiments, the only difference is the delivery method. Mutants got spliced genes, Cap and Hulk got serums, Spiderman may actually be the same as a mutant except his gene altering serum was delivered via spider bite instead of a needle. Turns out the most effective method has been the traditional mutant experiment because they have propagated much more than the others. If you hate Kitty Pryde you should hate Captain America :)
    So should we start making the 'Johnny Storm Was Right' shirts considering he called it back at the start of this volume of Ultimate X-Men only to be shot down?
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

So should we start making the 'Johnny Storm Was Right' shirts considering he called it back at the start of this volume of Ultimate X-Men only to be shot down?
    Yes, we should. Kitty and Bobby were just too self righteous to see he was right.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

I mean Lana and her mother were both originally mutants
    Can it be proved with a panel from a comic book?

Well he seems to be on a retcon spree anyway so why not?*sarcasm mode* I mean Lana and her mother were both originally mutants and while Lana is technically a mutant having been born with her powers, they're now from her mother having become a mutate because of Roxxon.
    yet these things he retconing are unneeded I feel he as written him self in a hole and if he wants continue with the peters story ongoing lines from miles perspective then he will have to have cast members explain peter parkers life story when the the comic asks for it. so instead lets recon peter life story so it only for miles even tho Miles having to have peters spider-man issues and storylines is one of the most interesting parts of the comic its one of the reason why Venoms War arc was as good as it was

Some points:

1. I agree that Ben switching to his "rocky" form is a step back.

2. The fact that Bendis STILL can't keep even his own continuity straight is embarrassing. The CIA created Spider-Woman, not Roxxon, and Lana (or is it Lori, Benids still gets it wrong) shouldn't be able to use her powers without her mother present. I really hope Cataclysm is the end of his involvement with the UU. Like, Millar, he's just not up to the task anymore.
    Last edited by SpeedofLife; 11-09-2013 at 03:00 PM.

Hm...of Miles and his amazing friends get sucked into 616, who do you guys think will gain ownership/the ability to write them?

Spider of the Shadows Assassin Spider's Avatar

Who was the CIA working with that would commission the involvement of a known super-criminal called Doctor Octopus? The way I see it, Roxxon's involvement is not so much a retcon as a revelation that there was more at work behind the creation of the original Spider-Man's clones than we were originally told. Granted, the CIA's motive seemed to be getting one over on Nick Fury by having their own super-soldiers, but Roxxon is a very shady and deeply unscrupulous corporation and thus would have no problem double-dealing with the CIA and S.H.I.E.L.D. for its own profit. Granted, this should have been explained within the context of the actual story, but I feel it's a rather plausible way of maintaining the canon.
    Back in black, the hunter is ready to claim his prey.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Coloring is a little off. And there is no way Cap wouldn't have known she was a clone. All you have to do is look at her face.

Because she is a woman, her bone structure would have changed from Peter. Then puberty and separate living come into place. Also by this point she would look older then Peter by a few years cause you know he like died. So there's a resemblance but it's not like Peter in a wig.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedofLife View Post
    Some points:

1. I agree that Ben switching to his "rocky" form is a step back.

2. The fact that Bendis STILL can't keep even his own continuity straight is embarrassing. The CIA created Spider-Woman, not Roxxon, and Lana (or is it Lori, Benids still gets it wrong) shouldn't be able to use her powers without her mother present. I really hope Cataclysm is the end of his involvement with the UU. Like, Millar, he's just not up to the task anymore.
    We were told in Ultimate Enemy/Mystery that Doc Ock worked for the Roxxon brain trust. And that Jessica knew it. Either the retcon is rather old or it's just an expansion of the amount of people involved in the cloning.

Aside from the continuity errors, I think this looks pretty decent.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

I feel like Bendis is just parodying himself at this point, with the Ultimates sitting around eating Chinese food.

I agree about the coloring. Paul Mounts is usually great, but it just looks off here. Other than that, Marquez's art is solid, as usual, but I think I'm ready for a new artist on the book. I like his sense of design, but things often just look kind of stale. The characters all look great, though.

The preview looks better than Cataclysm #1, which I expected would be the case. Self-parody aside, I actually like seeing the Ultimates sitting around, which is something that I think has been missing from the book for the last year or so. And I don't think it's too much of a stretch that the Ultimates wouldn't know about Jessica's status as a clone, and Tony's reaction is perfect. Overall - I'm looking forward to it.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Elder Member

I really liked this, but it felt short and it left me wondering if this is the event I thought it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    I really liked this, but it felt short and it left me wondering if this is the event I thought it would be.
    If Bendis is taking the lead, then most likely, no.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    I feel like Bendis is just parodying himself at this point, with the Ultimates sitting around eating Chinese food.

I agree about the coloring. Paul Mounts is usually great, but it just looks off here. Other than that, Marquez's art is solid, as usual, but I think I'm ready for a new artist on the book. I like his sense of design, but things often just look kind of stale. The characters all look great, though.

The preview looks better than Cataclysm #1, which I expected would be the case. Self-parody aside, I actually like seeing the Ultimates sitting around, which is something that I think has been missing from the book for the last year or so. And I don't think it's too much of a stretch that the Ultimates wouldn't know about Jessica's status as a clone, and Tony's reaction is perfect. Overall - I'm looking forward to it.
    I agree - there isn't nearly enough Ultimates sitting around for my liking, when written well scenes like this can be great.
    I'm with the Douche!