Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default "Daredevil" Leads Marvel & Netflix Multiple Live-Action Show Deal

Marvel and Netflix have announced five all-new live-action series, beginning with "Daredevil" and culminating with "The Defenders."

Full article here.

Great news! Looking forward to these shows!
    Current List: Action, Batman, Batwing, Earth 2, GLC, ,JLA, JL, Avengers, Captain America, MA, NA, SA, Spider-Man, UC Spider-Man, Hawkeye, Saga, Shadowman, Walking Dead

pop onto facebook for a quick browse and Im met with this news. Delighted to see it on Netflix. Very big deal to make.
    Reading: The Walking Dead, Morning Glories, Saga, Batman, Hawkeye, The Wake, superman unchained, avengers AI, xmen
    LiamWUL Games Development

Delightful!

I know its really Warner vs Disney but...... Marvel is really schooling DC right now.

I mean in all forms of media (maybe not animation) its like nowhere near close.

Wow. Never would have called this. I'm glad that Netflix seems totally committed to this project and I have to imagine there are less programming/advertising demands than on Network tv. There's also of course the possibility of more mature content (and no, not just recreating Jessica Jones' and Luke's ... "love" scene from "Alias" ;)) considering these are more street heroes. Very exciting news - let's just hope they have the right brains behind the individual series to do this justice.

And seriously, by the time they do the "Defenders" mini, they HAVE to introduce ... Gary Cole as Nighthawk!! :D

Defenders will probably not have the original four...I think they're working on Strange and Namor movies, Surfer probably still belongs to Fox and Hulk seems to be mainly in Avengers films.

However, that could mean we'd have the second-tier ones like Valkyrie, Nighthawk, etc. who are think would be easier to realize within a TV budget anyway.

Wow. Never would have called this. I'm glad that Netflix seems totally committed to this project and I have to imagine there are less programming/advertising demands than on Network tv. There's also of course the possibility of more mature content (and no, not just recreating Jessica Jones' and Luke's ... "love" scene from "Alias" ;)) considering these are more street heroes. Very exciting news - let's just hope they have the right brains behind the individual series to do this justice.

And seriously, by the time they do the "Defenders" mini, they HAVE to introduce ... Gary Cole as Nighthawk!! :D
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-07-2013 at 07:27 AM. Reason: sorry for the double-post!

I want this to succeed.
    Junk head. Amazing stop-motion animation. http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/junk-head-2--2

Scott Summers IS NOT a delusional egotist.

Wow this is amazing, precedence setting news. Awesome for Marvel. Pretty excited for this really. DC can't move to Burbank fast enough.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DattaBoy View Post
    I know its really Warner vs Disney but...... Marvel is really schooling DC right now.

I mean in all forms of media (maybe not animation) its like nowhere near close.
    They both have four new TV shows announced (so far) for 2014—15. I know math is hard, but 4=4. How is an equal number getting 'schooled'?

And this is without the CBS and the second Fox deals with WB signed yet.
    Last edited by MichaelPaytonMZ; 11-07-2013 at 07:37 AM.

For all excited Defenders fans, you do realize it won't be the Defenders as in the comics, but the characters from the four preceding series meeting (like after Thor, Iron Man, Hulk and Cap came Avengers)? They just chose this name instead of Heroes for Hire.

DD, Cage, and JJ are all perfect for TV series. A "reimagined" Defenders sounds interesting, wonder what that means?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPaytonMZ View Post
    They both have four new TV shows announced (so far) for 2014—15. I know math is hard, but 4=4. How is an equal number getting 'schooled'?

And this is without the CBS and the second Fox deals with WB signed yet.
    I could be wrong--but I think an argument can be made for Disney/Marvel are winning with the forward thinking-- Netflix originals are the new trend whereas Warner/DC just wants to throw more stuff on a barely watched (on the whole) basic cable channel. Also Warner and DC have been in bed together for years and years and Disney/Marvel is only a few years old and they are function much better and get stuff done much quicker.
    Things at Marvel that need a rest:
    1. Dr. Doom
    2. Dinosaurs/Savage Land
    3. Sentinels
    4. Time Travel
    5. Women arching their backs for no reason

Here's hoping that the Iron Fist series takes some inspiration from "Immortal Iron Fist". It could benefit from having some mystical Marvel links with Dr. Strange if that film is going to come out around the same time. The Jessica Jones series I think could end up being called "The Pulse" (since "Alias" is taken, obviously).

And now I'm guessing that one of the future Avengers films could be "The Avengers/Defenders War", especially if Strange and Namor join up and/or if the Hulk switches sides.