Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default "Agents of SHIELD" Adds Bendis & Deodato-Created Character

Saffron Burrows guests in next week's "Agents of SHIELD" as Victoria Hand, a major player in the Bendis-era "Dark Avengers" and "New Avengers."

Full article here.

Interesting. I remember her from Deep Blue Sea. I wanted to see more of her after that, what else has she been in? I wonder who Ms. Hand is going to betray?

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Interesting. I remember her from Deep Blue Sea. I wanted to see more of her after that, what else has she been in?
    We got to see most of her in Deep Blue Sea, which had one of the most amusingly gratuitous strip scenes in recent memory.
    Dr. Jackson: Who makes a movie out of a series that only lasted 3 episodes?

Teal'c: It allegedly performed well on DVD

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I wanted to see more of her after that, what else has she been in?
    The Bank Job is pretty good.

I remember her from Boston Legal.

I like that they're not afraid to give her Victoria's signature red highlights, even though they're hard to pull off in real life.

Why do all the characters on this show look alike? Yet another tall slender woman with long dark hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. Walker View Post
    Why do all the characters on this show look alike? Yet another tall slender woman with long dark hair.
    So you prefer a fat old lady with short blonde hair ?

I'm all for more characters in this show. I thought the previous episode was a major step up over the last few. But I still can't bring myself to care too much about these characters except for Coulson. More characters from the comics can only help.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

this is how she looks in the comics.

I wonder if this will bring her back in the comics ?

Quote Originally Posted by jaytalks View Post
    this is how she looks in the comics.
    Not to mention, none of the regular female cast members look particularly similar. Mei is a middle aged Asian woman. Simmons is a fairly pale young woman with blondish hair. Skye is a short young woman with dark hair and of caucasian/asian ancestry.
    "Honest Abe's a 'mo!" - Hank Venture from the Venture Bros.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I'm all for more characters in this show. I thought the previous episode was a major step up over the last few. But I still can't bring myself to care too much about these characters except for Coulson. More characters from the comics can only help.
    Agreed & co-signd...we/SZ wud even go 4thr 2 say dat d reason d show is failing so much is due 2 d profound lack of MU xcters.

AoS shd hv bn a '24'-type series with supapwrd humans...instead its an assembly of pretty white people & a resident asian fetish 4 asiaphiles.
    Last edited by SilverZeal; 11-08-2013 at 07:27 AM.

So two Asian women and an LGBT person don't count as diversity?

Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post
    So two Asian women and an LGBT person don't count as diversity?
    Number 1 . You Could Not tell by Looking that Chloe Bennett was Half asian. Number 2 . She changed her stage name from Chloe Lang (her Real Name) to Chloe Bennett and has achieved far more success .. Make from that what you will .

Also I'm guessing that Because they Had a Black guy in one episode and A Black Woman that they are oh so diverse ?

I'm not going to cry about Diversity because that is the least of this Show's problems but No Having one Asian American character and One character who as far as I know has made no mention of her ethnicity does not qualify as being diverse .

China - Population 1 Billion and counting

India - Population 1 Billion and counting

If you put all of Africa Together I'd Suspect you would get a good few Hundred Million People.

The Carribean would be far less in terms of population but if you also put every person in the world who is Mixed Race (Like Myself) or of African/Carribean/SoutheastAsian/Mexican Ancestry I'm sure that would also be Hundreds of millions .

So this is just conjecture but I'd say out of Maybe 7 Billion people we have at least 3 Billion (a modest estimate considering the Population's of India and China) people who are of non Caucasian White Background .

I Haven't even started going into countries like Russia who have many different Ethnic Groups such as the Daegstani etc but basically .. What I'm trying to say is that a large part of the World's Populace is not Purely white .

If your happy with a show which has 1 (I'm Not counting Chloe unless they specifically Address her ethnicity in the Show) Token ethnic person then that's good for you .

Also Sexuality to me is private so they could all be Bi or Straight or gay and it wouldn't matter as were all people at the end of the day . Sexual Diversity is not the same as ethnic diversity .

I'm Half white and Half Brown (Asian and Caribbean origin on that side) but no I'm not happy with the diversity on this show but considering its from the Makers of the Avengers .. Which was a great Film but had 1 minor Black character I'm not surprised.

Someone call me If Avengers Two features Falcon or Firebird or Living Lightening anyone actually in the field .. Not Just SLJ with a few lines here and there.

I'm Done .. Everyone can Bury their heads in the Sand and kiss the bum of this show but in general it's formulaic and boring notwithstanding debates on Diversity or anything .

It's my opinion so I hope no one crys . Nice one mates.

TL : DR - Not diverse enough , sexually or Ethnically and is a poor show in general . Disagree if you want it's all good . Bless.
    Tattoos Music Sports and Comics . Derrick Rose / Jack Wilshere are Sporting Legends . England/Asia/The Caribbean All day !!