Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Venditti Reignites "Green Lantern" with "Lights Out"

"Lights Out" changes "Green Lantern" forever, and writer Robert Venditti tells CBR News about the future of the Corps and John Stewart's "Zero Year" tie-in.

Full article here.

It's a huge factor because the Green Lantern Corps is leaving "Lights Out" operating under the assumption that Relic's theory was correct and their rings -- and not just their rings but all the colored rings -- are a drain on this reservoir that powers the emotional spectrum and in turn, powers all of creation.
    Okay... liking the use of the A word there even if I'm not crazy about how the assumption itself may affect the book.
    All cruel people describe themselves as paragons of frankness.-Tennessee Williams

Whew, good to know there's more to the Carol-Kyle relationship than just Carol dumped Hal and lurrrvvvs Kyle
    Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man From Room X View Post
    Whew, good to know there's more to the Carol-Kyle relationship than just Carol dumped Hal and lurrrvvvs Kyle
    Of course he could just be saying lies for all we know.
    Last edited by blinker; 11-06-2013 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blinker View Post
    Of course he could just be saying lies for all we know.
    Well, as cynical as we sometimes get as readers, I think it's best to give folks a few benefits of the doubt and assume they're trying to be honest. Even if it is a direction some of us may not like, or the execution on what was a good plan fails, I wouldn't attribute malice to someone lightly.
    All cruel people describe themselves as paragons of frankness.-Tennessee Williams

Candy Land world champion

Mogo as the new Oa is a great idea. But how are they going to, say, forge new rings?

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    Well, as cynical as we sometimes get as readers, I think it's best to give folks a few benefits of the doubt and assume they're trying to be honest. Even if it is a direction some of us may not like, or the execution on what was a good plan fails, I wouldn't attribute malice to someone lightly.
    Yes, but I still have the right to trash / critique something if I don't like it (a comic I find bad for example).

Nice post BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by blinker View Post
    Yes, but I still have the right to trash / critique something if I don't like it (a comic I find bad for example).
    Ah, definitely. Sorry if I came across as implying otherwise. I certainly do the very same myself so wouldn't have a stone to throw there.
    Nice post BTW.
    Thank ye

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    Ah, definitely. Sorry if I came across as implying otherwise. I certainly do the very same myself so wouldn't have a stone to throw there.

Thank ye
    No prob.

Also you're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man From Room X View Post
    I hope there isn't more to it so I can still be entertained by the CBR uproar.

Quote Originally Posted by Field_Left_Blank View Post
    Mogo as the new Oa is a great idea. But how are they going to, say, forge new rings?
    I don't think that's probably much of an issue. Most rings automatically go to search for a new host. I think they would only need to make a few rings. I'm sure Salakk and the Templar Guardians would be able to solve that issue.
    _______
    |____.._|
    _(_O_)_
    |______|

Trey Strains The One True Lantern's Avatar

ever since geoff johns took over gl, a hell of a lot of stories have been ballyhooed as "changing green lantern forever."

just thought i'd point that out.
    Anyone who accuses you of saying something you didn't say is contemptible.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by The One True Lantern View Post
    ever since geoff johns took over gl, a hell of a lot of stories have been ballyhooed as "changing green lantern forever."

Of course, that's basically all you do.

I was wondering the other day, Green Lantern hasn't been your typical superhero book for 10 years now, it has been 1 huge sprawling epic, one which Venditti semi continued with Lights Out... I was kind of looking forward to a change of pace with the new creative teams, but then I began wondering whether it could even work. Would the GL books going back to having rogues galleries and not being so steeped in super massive importantly epic story lines and mythology take some of the appeal away from Green Lantern?

The first thing I read of GL was Coast City blowing up in TRoS, I didn't read Kyle's solo series, and then I jumped on with Rebirth, so all I've ever actually known is crazy insane life changing storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by [Trigger] View Post
    I don't think that's probably much of an issue. Most rings automatically go to search for a new host. I think they would only need to make a few rings. I'm sure Salakk and the Templar Guardians would be able to solve that issue.
    It's probably not a huge issue, but the rings can be destroyed. Even if only a few rings are destroyed, over time it would chip away at the Green Lanterns. Remember the gigantic underground lab the Guardians had? I doubt that's possible on Mogo. In addition, Mogo will be even more of a target for destruction now that he's the GLC's home base. The Green Lantern Corps is not as powerful as it used to be. I like that.
    Speaking of destroyed rings, this reminds me of the opening scene of the Sinestro Corps War epilogue in GLC #I-can't-remember where Salaak is forging a new ring for every single dead lantern. Even though not every dead lantern's ring was destroyed. lol
    Last edited by Field_Left_Blank; 11-06-2013 at 03:09 PM.
    Jordan.
    I AM better than you.
    And you already know that.
    -Sinestro

Quote Originally Posted by The One True Lantern View Post

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
    Jordan.
    I AM better than you.
    And you already know that.
    -Sinestro