Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default REVIEW: Forever Evil, #3

Geoff Johns, David Finch and Richard Friend serve up a fascinatingly dark and intriguing comic as Earth-3's Crime Syndicate continues their planet-wide takeover of our world in "Forever Evil" #3.

Full review here.

I thought Black Manta's quick aliance with Lex Luthor was pretty telegraphed from his one shot.

Disappointing issue in many respects. The fight between Black Adam and Ultraman should have been epic and what's with the huge power disparity? Also, the art was so uneven with Finch at times channeling some bad Rob Liefeld facial expressions indeed. Add to this the silly way the 'villains' get together and the issue feels very rushed as if deadlines had to be met or else. This issue should have been double-sized and the fight between BA and Ultraman should have been center stage. Still gonna check out more of this, but seriously these guys need to do better work.

Did the reviewer read the same issue I did? Nothing in that review was in the issue. The motives of the villians coming togther was so forced and badly done. Too much coincedance. The art was all over the place.

Bizzarro had the best lines.

4/5 ?

<_<
    >_>

-gives DC 4 dollars-

I was expecting more from this issue.

The fight b/w Ultraman and Black Adam? They had built it up so well in the last issue...and what did they do in this issue? They rushed the fight.

And what's with Batman Cowl? The amount of damage changes in each panel.

The way the villains got together was also silly...coincidences?

It wasn't too bad, but this issue could have been way better. Anyways, I look forward to reading the next issue: Batman vs Luthor :D

Agree with you guys on how contrived/overly coincidental the union really was with villains. It was like they live on a small road and the flash ice rogue dude was totally like "sup bro I know you're Lex Luthor, we have even more bigger badasses than us... lets team up pl0x cuz I can't handle them on my own". Finch is really annoying me though with his art but these 3 issues have been miles better than Age of Boretron or Borefinity from Marvel.

Only contrived thing was Captain Cold dropping where he dropped. Manta rescued Black Adam and located Luthor who was with Bizzaro.
    lots of dots

"Surprising" conclusion to Trinity War? If you didn't see that conclusion coming months in advance you must be new to comics.

Quote Originally Posted by junir View Post
    these 3 issues have been miles better than Age of Boretron or Borefinity from Marvel.
    I like the main Forever Evil books better than Age of Ultron, and I'm not reading Battle of the Atom, but I'm loving the main Infinity books. Oddly, all 3 cross overs going on seem to follow the same format: a main mini tying directly into 2 or 3 team books with a few supporting books you can mostly take or leave.
    Last edited by dupersuper; 11-12-2013 at 07:15 PM.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

In the Evil Force of Evil Chiasm's Avatar

I liked it.

Though I'm first and foremost a Marvel fan, I really think DC trounces Marvel in events and this is no exception.

Eh, this was the weakest issue so far but not bad overall. 3/5

Salacious Propriety Tandaemonium's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nukemind View Post
    The fight between Black Adam and Ultraman should have been epic and what's with the huge power disparity?
    Probably because Black Adam doesn't know/realize that Adrianna and Amon resurrecting him probably siphoned the other 2/3 of his max power into themselves.

I liked the issue pretty much because of finally explaining what the hell was happening in JLA last month.The issue was bit of a tease as not much happened but no doubt was a good issue.
    Sometimes the lines get blurred. Sometimes the only thing between you and them is the mask and cape.
    nightwing

Unreasonably Opinionated Conway's Avatar

The only part of the review that really stood out to me was the line: "Johns makes sure that "Forever Evil" #3 gives readers their money's worth..." Because it reminded me how much the issue cost.

Still it did get it right, the good parts were so good that the bad parts didn't really matter.