Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CW Begins Development on Live-Action "Hourman" Series

The CW has announced plans to develop a live-action series based on the DC Comics character Hourman.

Full article here.

I sense that a wish for this drama to be set in the late '30s would go unfulfilled. Pity.

Ok....I know I'm going to take some heat for what I'm about to post but STOP WITH ALL THESE B LISTERS (although I think the idea is cool) UNTIL YOU GET WONDER WOMAN DONE!!!!!!

The drug addiction would have lent itself to better less confusing storylines. The one hour in the future nonsense will grow old quickly.

Lightbulb

It sounds like Early Edition meets The Cape
    Alan (to Sam): "I believe you're turning me into a sap, Sir."
    Earth 2 #2

Nice, but I'm still hoping for either a Power Girl live action series, or at least some appearances on either Arrow or this. Actually, she'd be made for Arrow, as Karen Starr, the billionaire with a secret.
    Try my Blog!

And visit me on Facebook here!

Maybe it's just me, but the description sounds like a dozen other pretty standard (and boring) supernatural dramas.
    My interest in this will be entirely dependant on how much the rest of the DC universe will come into play.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRain666 View Post
    Ok....I know I'm going to take some heat for what I'm about to post but STOP WITH ALL THESE B LISTERS (although I think the idea is cool) UNTIL YOU GET WONDER WOMAN DONE!!!!!!
    THIS...

10char

Odds are, likely far away from you.............or Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRain666 View Post
    I get what you're saying, but I'd rather have CW ruin B-listers than Wonder Woman. With her they should focus more on movies.
    Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but the description sounds like a dozen other pretty standard (and boring) supernatural dramas.
    My interest in this will be entirely dependant on how much the rest of the DC universe will come into play.
    My thoughts exactly. You can call it 'Hourman' all you want, but that premise has nothing to do with Hourman.
    It's like after years of ignoring TV, even with a long-running series going (Smallville), WB now seems determined to flood the market.
    Superhero prose fiction: Corrupts Absolutely?, Heroics, more suggestions at Superheronovels.com

Quote Originally Posted by Icemizer View Post
    The drug addiction would have lent itself to better less confusing storylines. The one hour in the future nonsense will grow old quickly.
    Honestly running around in a costume, risking your life getting into insane fights...

Somebody being stoned out of thier gourd might be the best justification for Super Heroics ever.

The Wonder Woman rage hit almost immediately! I think that's a record...?

BANNED

They'll do a Wonder Woman show when they find a script that works. Message board rants won't speed that process up.

"The Sopranos" writer Michael Caleo is onboard to write
    Well, it's got a helluva good writer anyway. I'll be the anti-internet fanboy yet again and wait to see the show before I judge it.

I preferred Journeyman.

Should have just kept it simple and had it be the Miraclo Hourman and not this future vision stuff.