Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Earth 2 #17

Batman fights to keep Brutal and the forces of Darkseid from taking complete control of Earth! Beginning a new story by Tom Taylor (INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US)!

Full preview here.

Oh no, not AGAIN. That may have been fresh and clever the first time it was tried (Dark Knight Strikes Again, wasn't it?). But by now it's been sooo overused that it's as stale as a truckful of Twinkies.
    Everything I state is JUST MY OPINION. Take what you like and leave the rest.

Lois being Red Tornado has been overused..?
    lots of dots

Superman working for Darkseid is over-used?

They only did that in the cartoon.

This book is about to take off, I think, after Robinson's slow burn. If Taylor brings some of his Injustice magic over to this title, it'll be great. I doubt he'll have the ability to kill anyone at any moment like he does in Injustice, but I'm excited to see how Earth 2 goes from this point forward.

Nope, Evil!Supes vs. Batman is overused. In fact, Evil!Supes has been overused for years.
    Everything I state is JUST MY OPINION. Take what you like and leave the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by reubs View Post
    This book is about to take off, I think, after Robinson's slow burn. If Taylor brings some of his Injustice magic over to this title, it'll be great. I doubt he'll have the ability to kill anyone at any moment like he does in Injustice, but I'm excited to see how Earth 2 goes from this point forward.
    Wasn't all deaths in Injustice enforced by game canon? I think this title might actually give him less limitations.
    lots of dots

Odds are, likely far away from you.............or Toronto

That Superman cover is pretty awesome. Anyone know the sales for this series? I just wanna know this won't get cancelled in another six issues.
    Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Nominus View Post
    That Superman cover is pretty awesome. Anyone know the sales for this series? I just wanna know this won't get cancelled in another six issues.
    Around 39k-40k

I read the first issue of Injustice and it was just one "dark" cliche after another. And seeing Batman and Superman become the focus of Earth 2 is not what I was looking forward to when they launched the book. Robinson's departure seems like the perfect jumping off point for me!
    Subscribe to my Art Blog and my Non-Art Blog, visit my ComicSpace Page and check out my website.

Odds are, likely far away from you.............or Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyCrab View Post
    Around 39k-40k
    Alright, should last a while longer as long as not too many Robinson fanatics jump off on this one.
    Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life.

Alright, should last a while longer as long as not too many Robinson fanatics jump off on this one.
    Hope so this is one of my favorite dc comics out right now

Quote Originally Posted by beanlynch View Post
    I read the first issue of Injustice and it was just one "dark" cliche after another. And seeing Batman and Superman become the focus of Earth 2 is not what I was looking forward to when they launched the book. Robinson's departure seems like the perfect jumping off point for me!
    Read a few more issues of Injustice. Trust us, you will enjoy it. And the Superman/Batman focus is just that first arc.

Bat-Rookie CarolinaBatmanFanGuy's Avatar

Well with Superman and Batman returning I bet it will see a significant jump in sales at least for the short term. If its a really awesome story it might keep those newcomers around potentially. I'm mostly buying it because Batman did return, but I do enjoying seeing some long lost or just not used characters getting the spotlight for once and I hope it doesn't become Bat-centric.
    Check out CBFG's Big Read

Current Series: Wonder Woman

Pulls: Batman, Detective, Batman &, Bat/Sup, JL, Earth 2, Beyond, '66, Eternal, Future's End, ANXF

Quote Originally Posted by beanlynch View Post
    Lol even after the preview we see these complaiments!
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog