Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Jimenez's "Wolverine" Savages the Poaching Trade

Phil Jimenez dives into the story behind his new arc of "Savage Wolverine," which sends Logan on a quest to tear down the poaching trade in the Marvel U.

Full article here.

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Phil Jimenez dives into the story behind his new arc of "Savage Wolverine," which sends Logan on a quest to tear down the poaching trade in the Marvel U.

Full article here.
    Why isn't Phil Jimenez illustrating BCW's X-Men? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

This sounds like a very interesting and topical story. I don't usually pull this title, but I'll definitely be picking up this arc!

Those infidels not being interested in the backstory of #1 Official Greatest X-Man of All Time must've been the final straw for Kitty.

I wonder what Storm was doing while Kitty was running the school?

Looks and sounds fantastic. Can't believe I'm excited about Wolverine comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    Why isn't Phil Jimenez illustrating BCW's X-Men? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
    Becauseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    What? do you need blood spattered on your faces to even feel alive anymore???
    ohsnapulon5000

is CompleX-Man

Wait... is Kitty teaching them about her costumes?

She's teaching them not to make her mistakes.
    What? do you need blood spattered on your faces to even feel alive anymore???
    ohsnapulon5000

Logan?
    Kitty?
    Madripor?
    White Tuxedo?
    Tyger Tyger?
    Phil Jimenez?

OH my yes!!!
    "Calm down, call Batman." - Greg Capullo

I always take an interest when comic books approach a more grounded issue like this as opposed to the usual superhero vs. supervillain format. It sounds like a very interesting prospect; and anything that combines Kitty and Wolverine to some extent is always a must-read for me. Looking forward to it.

Hope we get to see daken somewhere in this arc....

and yet if a Black Panther or Storm story were pitched where they took on modern slavery, it would get the kibosh for being too "preachy".. oh well...

African Saga part 2?

Will he run into the Dinosaurs this time too?

But yeah, fingers crossed for him running around in a Leopard Skin cape again as "Camouflage"

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    and yet if a Black Panther or Storm story were pitched where they took on modern slavery, it would get the kibosh for being too "preachy".. oh well...
    Wolverine already took on modern slavery back in the Rucka-penned series years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Wolverine already took on modern slavery back in the Rucka-penned series years ago.
    I very much enjoyed Rucka's run. Thanks for reminding me of this story. :)

I like it when a writer gives long, detailed answers in an interview. I notice that a lot of Marvel writers don't do that these days. They're too content to just tease and dodge the question. After reading this, I think Phil Jimenez has the right idea for Savage Wolverine. This is one of my favorite Wolverine books in a long time because it really does get back to basics. In this book we don't see Wolverine constantly whining about Cyclops as much. We just see him doing what he does best, going on grim and gritty missions. And those are the kinds of Wolverine stories I enjoy reading the most.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme