Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Deadpool Annual, #1

Written by Ben Acker and Ben Blacker, the mad minds behind "The Thrilling Adventure Hour"!
    Answering the most asked question since Deadpool's new series began...
    "Whatever Happened to the White Caption Boxes?"
    Featuring Thor, Daredevil, Luke Cage and...Madcap?!?

Full article here.

This has Daniel Way humor written all over it and I don't like that. I also don't have much interest in finding out what happened to the boxes. I hope Nightcrawler's rescue squad finds them rotting in hell where they belong.

That art is n i c e

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    This has Daniel Way humor written all over it and I don't like that. I also don't have much interest in finding out what happened to the boxes. I hope Nightcrawler's rescue squad finds them rotting in hell where they belong.
    I'm personally not getting that vibe. Not everything that's just for fun is "Daniel Way humor". No need to be so grumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDP View Post
    I'm personally not getting that vibe. Not everything that's just for fun is "Daniel Way humor". No need to be so grumpy.
    I mean his Deadpool run. I'm sure he's written more serious stuff.. but forest animals and rainbows would pretty much fit in to that whacky Deadpool he made famous. One I'm not much of a fan of.

I was only coming into this thread to ask if anyone's managed to erase Daniel Way's stench from Deadpool yet. I already got my answer.
    "No law against running around in colorful long johns is there? I mean if there was, they'd have thrown you in jail years ago! See you around, Petey-o!" - Harry Osborn

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I mean his Deadpool run. I'm sure he's written more serious stuff.. but forest animals and rainbows would pretty much fit in to that whacky Deadpool he made famous. One I'm not much of a fan of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mideon View Post
    I was only coming into this thread to ask if anyone's managed to erase Daniel Way's stench from Deadpool yet. I already got my answer.
    It depresses me to see such pretension and speed to pass judgement in the Deadpool community. It really does. I thought we were better than this.

I've been pretty clear from the start that I didn't like Way's Deadpool. The preview pages remind me of something out of his run. That said, I will read it and decide how it is afterwards.

I would also like to point out that if you look at the preview again you'll see that Deadpool only hallucinates after Madcap makes him (I think). That's one of Madcap's powers after all. I think.

Yes. I know. All I'm saying is that I'm getting a Daniel Way vibe from the art. I'm not damning the issue to hell before I read, like a lot of people seem to do. Just the caption boxes

Yeah, there's just one little problem I have with that logic. Daniel Way is not, to my knowledge, an artist.

But the humor... from the art.. reminds me of something Daniel Way would write about.... in a Deadool book. I'm done spelling it out.

I get what you mean, I just don't see it. Unless you're referring to slapstick elements. But it's not like Daniel Way invented slapstick nor is slapstick an inherently bad thing.