Default Superior Superman

What if what happened with Peter Parker and dr octopus happened with superman and Lex Luthor? How would he do when he becomes the being he hates the most? Can he be a superior superman?

"Superman" would be too egotistical and make too many mistakes. Next thing the DCU knows, it's Injustice: Gods Among Us all over again.

(Hoping that Superior Spider-Man never becomes a FOX Kids cartoon...)
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln

"We thought that by making your world more violent, we would make it more 'realistic,' more 'adult.' God help us if that's what it means."

-Grant Morrison to Animal Man, Animal Man #26

Strrrrrrrrrrrrex mailedbypostman1's Avatar

"Superior" Superman might have trouble with not being able to build all his wonderful toys. I'm sure he'll get over it.
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrex

Man oh man.

It's not going to be pretty, especially given all the heroes trust Superman, and if Lex were smart enough, could alter it.

But I think ultimately someone is going to figure out that Clark is not Clark anymore. And cue violence/throw downs.

They can take him with telepathy and such. Still though some damage would happen.

But if Lex could figure it all out. Well yeah.

And if Lex has CLark's Memories like Octo did with Peter's 9Before expel that.) Lex could some what figure out some of Super Man's gear.

Given Lex has power armor already, he may could use Fortress of Solitude tech to upgrade it!

So yeah.. Crap man.. Just.. Crap.

I can see Luthor being a "superior" Superman in the case of use of powers. With his intelligence he'll probably be more efficient than Superman in most situations. He wouldn't be a better hero than Supes (I'm assuming that he's supposed to go the hero route like Doc Ock) however.

Challenger of the Unknown Kirika's Avatar

Pretty sure Lex's willingness to kill would change more than a few things.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMagnetic View Post
    I can see Luthor being a "superior" Superman in the case of use of powers. With his intelligence he'll probably be more efficient than Superman in most situations. He wouldn't be a better hero than Supes (I'm assuming that he's supposed to go the hero route like Doc Ock) however.
    Supes is just as smart if not smarter than Lex. Not in the "I'm going to make an awesome plan" sense maybe.
    Action Comics, Batman/Superman, Justice League, Justice League of America, Supergirl, Superman, Superman: Unchained, Superman/Wonder Woman
    I like both SM/WW and Clois, crazy right?

Pretty sure the Justice League wouldn't be as dumb as the Avengers and figure it out immidiately.
    Then they send Martian Manhunter, Flash and Captain Atom to deal with him => End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiPatriot View Post
    Pretty sure the Justice League wouldn't be as dumb as the Avengers and figure it out immidiately.
    Then they send Martian Manhunter, Flash and Captain Atom to deal with him => End of story.
    If we're talking nu52 versions then Captain Atom is inactive, Barry doesn't have the feats Wally has, and MM might have the best shot but since this is Superior Superman, I can see Lex having contingency plans in case he has to go up against heroes Tower of Babel style.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMagnetic View Post
    If we're talking nu52 versions then Captain Atom is inactive, Barry doesn't have the feats Wally has, and MM might have the best shot but since this is Superior Superman, I can see Lex having contingency plans in case he has to go up against heroes Tower of Babel style.
    That's a good point, MM mind reading Lex will be the first thing Luthor will probably think about, getting around it will not be that hard being as smart as he is.

In All Star Superman he broke down at the wonder of the universe seen through Supermans vast senses and wept. In 5 he went nuts and almost killed Steel. So...his reaction varies.

Quote Originally Posted by mailedbypostman1 View Post
    "Superior" Superman might have trouble with not being able to build all his wonderful toys. I'm sure he'll get over it.
    Why wouldn't he be able to build stuff?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...