Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Fassbender Suits Up as Magneto in New "Days of Future Past" Photo

A new "X-Men: Days of Future Past" photo gives a first look at Michael Fassbender in the new Magneto suit.

Full article here.

I like it. Pretty much like the Ultimates suit.

In the Evil Force of Evil Chiasm's Avatar

Its always funny how costumes that look so cool in comics look so ridiculous in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiasm View Post
    Its always funny how costumes that look so cool in comics look so ridiculous in real life.
    Magneto's has been particularly difficult to render onscreen.

its been difficult cuz its been done all wrong. itd be so much better if it was more robe like, similar to the xorneto costume in the awful new xmen story when he was high on kick, and destroyed manhattan. ill never understand why a holocaust survivor needs to be a cut up dude in 2013. i don't care if its a clone body or whatever bs. if magneto was skinny, old and wore "regal looking robes" like a roman emperor, itd make tons more sense

Quote Originally Posted by maynard3eye View Post
    its been difficult cuz its been done all wrong. itd be so much better if it was more robe like, similar to the xorneto costume in the awful new xmen story when he was high on kick, and destroyed manhattan. ill never understand why a holocaust survivor needs to be a cut up dude in 2013. i don't care if its a clone body or whatever bs. if magneto was skinny, old and wore "regal looking robes" like a roman emperor, itd make tons more sense
    His "super buff" look is more a result of him being created in 1963 when he would've been in his mid to late 40s, instead of some overly old holocaust survivor in the present era.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maynard3eye View Post

i prefer Fassbender to your skinny old roman emperor.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBoxing View Post
    His "super buff" look is more a result of him being created in 1963 when he would've been in his mid to late 40s, instead of some overly old holocaust survivor in the present era.
    Well, that and he got de-aged (physically) into his late 20's/early 30's at one point. Now they don't even really bother referencing that, instead just basically saying his powers keep him vital.

Xavier's got the same thing in the comics...swapped into a clone body at one point, and IIRC has had a couple other instances where he got de-aged a bit (physically).

BANNED

It's not the REAL Magneto unless it has the underwear on the outside.

ShaunN

The helmet that he wore in "First Class" looked great and was much closer to the original comic version. The helmet that McKellan has been wearing is really inadequate and I wish they would ditch it and stick with the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunN View Post
    The helmet that he wore in "First Class" looked great and was much closer to the original comic version. The helmet that McKellan has been wearing is really inadequate and I wish they would ditch it and stick with the real thing.
    Yeah, I really loved the black and silver helmet from First Class. It was badass!

There are some costumes that look better in live-action than stills. Let's see how this one looks when it's in action. It looks kind of bland as a still picture.
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

Looks like this helmet's evolving towards McKellan's from the original films... DAMN YOU, SINGER! FC's helmet looked brilliant at the end. I wasn't even expecting the red & purple, but it worked--I'd have been happy enough with the black & silver. This...well, at least it's better than the old McKellan one.

It all hinges on how the Sentinels look on screen. The still images from a few months ago looked ridiculous.

Looks great except for the helmet. Looks like Singer can't admit he was wrong about his version. The First Class helmet was perfect, and the original trilogy helmet looked really dumb. Simple as that. At least this is someplace in between instead of being a full on reversion to the Mckellen helmet, and I suppose it does make some sense given that we know that Magneto winds up wearing that dumb thing sooner or later anyway. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post
    Well, that and he got de-aged (physically) into his late 20's/early 30's at one point. Now they don't even really bother referencing that, instead just basically saying his powers keep him vital.

Xavier's got the same thing in the comics...swapped into a clone body at one point, and IIRC has had a couple other instances where he got de-aged a bit (physically).
    Yup.

De-Aged by his creation Alpha: Defenders 16, 1974

Aged up to his prime by Erik the Red: X-Men 104, 1977, also his first battle with the all new X-Men... wanna see Magneto kick some X-Men ass? Read this comic. Not really referenced anymore like much from that era isn't. But it's the first time Magneto met Colossus, Storm, Banshee, Wolverine and Nightcrawler.

Xaiver's de-aging came later, Uncanny X-Men 167, 1983, when he received his clone body after a Brood Queen assimilated his old one