Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Greg Pak & Aaron Kuder Set The Clock Back On "Action Comics"

The new creative team on "Action Comics," Greg Pak and Aaron Kuder, speak about the Man Of Steel, the new characters populating their run and "Zero Year."

Full article here.

okay, i'm drawing a blank on supporting chracter

lana?, linda?, chloe?

I'm really looking forward to this run. Hopefully Pak doesn't tweet that he's off the book next week! Anyway, one question I would have liked to have been asked was how often Wonder Woman will show up. Obviously, it won't be that often; they have their own book and JL to play in. I imagine she'd have to be somewhat present, even if it's more Diana then WW.

Uh, didn't Morrison do Zero Year already?

Quote Originally Posted by Emissary of Justice View Post
    Yeah he did Superman's debut to Metropolis in #0(how he got the job at th Daily Star, t-shirt/jeans costume, his first outing as Superman and how he got the name) and I guess #1-4/7-8 can be seen as his zero year/year one of sorts.
    A Comic book fan till I die.

Quote Originally Posted by Emissary of Justice View Post
    Yeah, but so what? Its not like he did every single moment of it.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Is there anyone I can pay to get more "Uncle Superman" stories?
    4/9: Iron Fist, Flash Gordon, Doop, Magnus, Superboy, Shutter, Judge Dredd, Ghost Rider, Secret Avengers, X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by B. Kuwanger View Post
    Is there anyone I can pay to get more "Uncle Superman" stories?
    If this means what I think it means, ie the "old Superman," with gravitas and a recognizable (rather than in-development) moral compass, then I agree. I'm so tired of the modern take on the character that I barely look over the new issues anymore. I call it the "Kyle Rayner-ing" of Superman. He's been taken back to ground zero, being a neophyte, and now we'll have to watch his development into maturity for the next 5-10 years. Ugh. Who has time or patience. Is it SO bad to have "Uncle" Superman, with a clear sense of direction and values? Not boring to me at all! The excitement is in the creation of good villains, and in the moral dillemmas he faces, not in his own moral self-questioning.

Looking forward to start picking up Action again. I'm just unsure about picking it up at Zero Year or just waiting for the main, non tie-in, run to start.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor
    IDW: Transformers: Robots in Disguise

Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
    If this means what I think it means, ie the "old Superman," with gravitas and a recognizable (rather than in-development) moral compass, then I agree. I'm so tired of the modern take on the character that I barely look over the new issues anymore. I call it the "Kyle Rayner-ing" of Superman. He's been taken back to ground zero, being a neophyte, and now we'll have to watch his development into maturity for the next 5-10 years. Ugh. Who has time or patience. Is it SO bad to have "Uncle" Superman, with a clear sense of direction and values? Not boring to me at all! The excitement is in the creation of good villains, and in the moral dillemmas he faces, not in his own moral self-questioning.
    Still wondering what exactly has Superman done recently that would justify the idea he doesn't have a recognisable moral compass.
    And the only moral self questionning so far may have been on Unchained, and even then I haven't checked it colesly enough to make any kind of valuable statemen on that one. Hell, the old Superman so far was much more into the whole "self questionning" thing.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Quote Originally Posted by jloder24 View Post
    I'm really looking forward to this run. Hopefully Pak doesn't tweet that he's off the book next week! Anyway, one question I would have liked to have been asked was how often Wonder Woman will show up. Obviously, it won't be that often; they have their own book and JL to play in. I imagine she'd have to be somewhat present, even if it's more Diana then WW.
    Why does she have to be present?
    Rehire Grant Morrison for Superman.
    Give Lois her own BOOKS.
    Keep Scott Lobdell in Superverse forever.
    5.7 Million Likes. Please contribute for more: https://www.facebook.com/superman

I'm a little hesitant about diving into the run just yet given the pricing/content changes.

Greg Pak's a good writer as well but I'll most likely give it a read off the shelf to see if I really want to continue buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by super1man View Post
    Why does she have to be present?
    Well, it would be strange it she wasn't there at all, with her being his girlfriend and stuff, but I guess she could be not that present, and let the whole thing to Superman and Superman/Wonder Woman.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Well, it would be strange it she wasn't there at all, with her being his girlfriend and stuff, but I guess she could be not that present, and let the whole thing to Superman and Superman/Wonder Woman.
    Yup, that book was created for her presence. We don't get Superman in her book now do we?

I believe one day this WW thing would be broken so its good to keep her isolated from most Superman stories. Otherwise we will have too many WW connection with Superman characters/mythologies. We do not want to be thinking of Lex and Brainiac as a common Rogues of both Superman and WW, do we?
    Rehire Grant Morrison for Superman.
    Give Lois her own BOOKS.
    Keep Scott Lobdell in Superverse forever.
    5.7 Million Likes. Please contribute for more: https://www.facebook.com/superman

Quote Originally Posted by super1man View Post
    Yup, that book was created for her presence. We don't get Superman in her book now do we?

I believe one day this WW thing would be broken so its good to keep her isolated from most Superman stories. Otherwise we will have too many WW connection with Superman characters/mythologies. We do not want to be thinking of Lex and Brainiac as a common Rogues of both Superman and WW, do we?
    The WW book is a special case. You can bet that if someone else was writing, he would be in it, wether the writer would want it or not.
    And saying she shouldn't be around because one day it will end doesn't really make sense. It would actually be an arguement for the opposite. Since we know it's going to end at some point, better to make "the most" of it. Plus, from a storytelling standpoint, it would be downright strange that Superman's own girlfriend wouldn't even get a mention.
    And finally, if you think that just because Lex or Brainiac face Diana once will make her a shared rogue between her and Sups, you underestimate the kind of connection being in one's Rogue Gallery for more than 50 years create.
    But let's not make this yet another Superman/WW romance discussion.