Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is Mettle a human or a mutant?

Can someone please tell me what Mettle (Ken Mack) is ? I don't know if he is a Human or a Mutant ?

Bonus... plus what about 616 - Mimic and Cloak ? on comicvine Mimic is listed as a mutant and Cloak is listed as other but on marvel database cloak is listed as a mutant ?

He's a meta-human, changed into what he is in light of Norman Osborn's experiments on his physiology.

Then, now, of course he's an LMD.

As for Cloak and Mimic, there's always been some debate. Mimic is not a mutant, but Cloak has been said to be at different stages of his publication life. Currently I think it's a "no."
    "Shh... you were always here, waiting for yourself to arrive." -- Jean Grey, New X-Men 153

He's a corpse

Quote Originally Posted by Kerukun878 View Post
    He's a meta-human, changed into what he is in light of Norman Osborn's experiments on his physiology.

Then, now, of course he's an LMD.

As for Cloak and Mimic, there's always been some debate. Mimic is not a mutant, but Cloak has been said to be at different stages of his publication life. Currently I think it's a "no."
    Well on his page mettle had his powers before Osborn's experiments. all Osborn done was speed up mettle's transformation.

Few days on drugs? Lovely pepper's Avatar

Yeah, IIRC all the original Academy kids had powers before Osborn and none of them are mutants.

Robot. Please see this closed thread. It was closed because that is the conclusion we came to.
    discussion on mettle being an android

I don't have a clue for Mettle but he is not a mutant.
    Cloak and dagger are not mutants and have powers due to the drug. Mimic is similar problem over whether he is or is not however there has only been one explaination in comics of how he got his powers (done by Stan lee) which is he is a human mutate. There have been suggestions he had a latent mutant gene but no one has yet confirmed it in comics.

He wasn't a mutant before he was killed off, although like a lot of kids, they never got around to explaining where his powers originated from.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellman View Post
    He wasn't a mutant before he was killed off, although like a lot of kids, they never got around to explaining where his powers originated from.
    What was the point of explicitly saying they weren't mutants if they were never even going to bother explaining where their powers came from

Striker, Veil, Cloud 9 too

The Initiative kids, Secret Warriors and Academy kids need to be cleared up they have all been said at one point are another to not be mutants only a very few have actually been given the origins of their powers>

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    The Initiative kids, Secret Warriors and Academy kids need to be cleared up they have all been said at one point are another to not be mutants only a very few have actually been given the origins of their powers>
    I give the main Secret Warriors a pass since they were mostly the children of superheroes or villains

Quake - Mr. Hyde
    Slingshot - Griffin
    Phobos - Ares
    Druid - Dr Druid
    Hellfire - Phantom Rider
    Stonewall - Absorbing Man

Ironically the only one who was never explained was Eden Fesi and he's the only one to join the Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by Peter F. View Post
    I give the main Secret Warriors a pass since they were mostly the children of superheroes or villains

Quake - Mr. Hyde
    Slingshot - Griffin
    Phobos - Ares
    Druid - Dr Druid
    Hellfire - Phantom Rider
    Stonewall - Absorbing Man

Ironically the only one who was never explained was Eden Fesi and he's the only one to join the Avengers
    Quake on more than one occasion has been refereed to as a mutant. Being children of superheroes doesn't necessarily rule them out consider for instance Banshee's daughter Siryn but i was actually referring to the other 2 groups of secret Warriors which had Flashback's son and daughter among others. Also at the beginning of the Secret Warriors series Layla Miller of X-Factor fame is listed as one of the Caterpillars. Hopefully with Eden in the Avengers we will learn more about him. Eden may somehow be related to the Australian Talisman from the original Contest of Champions limited series or Dreamguard from Force Works.
    Last edited by Lonewolf36; 11-03-2013 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post

Actually as far as the Initiative folks go most of them have pretty clearly defined origins for where their powers come from

Hardball- got his powers from the powerbroker

Komodo- modified Curt Connors lizard formula specifically for her DNA

Trauma- is Nightmare's kid (although being half demon doesn't exactly explain to me how he was able to come back from being killed by KIA)

Armory- We know her weapon is of alien origin (& yes it's rightfully hers) & she came across it in a similar fashion he did.

Cloud 9 is really the only one that needs to be cleared up BUT the ATI character appearances are so scarce these days we probably won't be getting an explanation any time soon if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter F. View Post
    He's a corpse
    Hahaha! Right? I opened this thread just now to post exactly this. :p
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Actually as far as the Initiative folks go most of them have pretty clearly defined origins for where their powers come from

Hardball- got his powers from the powerbroker

Komodo- modified Curt Connors lizard formula specifically for her DNA

Trauma- is Nightmare's kid (although being half demon doesn't exactly explain to me how he was able to come back from being killed by KIA)

Armory- We know her weapon is of alien origin (& yes it's rightfully hers) & she came across it in a similar fashion he did.

Cloud 9 is really the only one that needs to be cleared up BUT the ATI character appearances are so scarce these days we probably won't be getting an explanation any time soon if at all.
    I think her Handbook entry stated the cloud she controlled may be of alien origin which could tie her into the Cloud character who was a Defenders years ago. That takes care of the main characters but their were a lot of secondary character Proton, Melee, Johnny Cool, Supernaut, Paydirt, Star Sign, Vox, Prima Donna, Think Tank, Whiz Kid, Telemetry ect.