Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher284 View Post
    My main problems are these:

1. Idiot balls-characters acting uncharacteristically stupid or clueless for no other reason than to keep the story going.
    2. BLATANT contrivances-I'm willing to accept some contrivances, but these push things way too far. The Avengers conveniently deciding to confront Spock and do a complicated procedure when ALL of their scientists, telepaths, mystics, etc are not around. You know, the people who are actually qualified to do such a test. Not buying in Slott, not one bit. Then, they just let him go after he murdered someone on live television.
    3. The portrayal of MJ is VERY poor.
    4. Slott is sewing the seeds of Spock's downfall, but he's destroying Peter's life in the process. Once Peter comes back, he's going to have to deal with all this and ALL of the progress that he's made since OMD has been wiped out. He'll be back to being the same broke, friendless, pathetic loser that he was decades ago and that Marvel is obsessed with him being. How unoriginal.
    2. If Thanos shows up to earth while the avengers are gone, is that a contrivance? It's the plot. It's fiction. If Hawkeye runs out of arrows, is that a contrivance? Its fiction. You can't say this story uses contrivance when all the heroes ever do to save the day is through sheer luck or a last minute convenience. It's super hero comics. You only notice it now because the villain gets to use it too.
    1&3. I just don't get why people harp on MJ's characterization. It was dead obvious since issue 700 and this one sealed it for me!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	121333

I mean she literally rationilzes Peters recent change to the past stories Slott's had been writing with her. She chucked it up to Parker guilt causing him to do something *cough* drastic *cough*
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	10 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	121334

4. So since most of the progression he made since OMD was written by Slott's anyhow, shouldn't you be okay with this?

I hope I don't offend you or anything I just happen to disagree with you if I came off as aggressive or something, I sincerely apologize for that.

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    I'm assuming you mean Peter will have something to compensate for all other aspects of his life ruined. Which I seriously doubt.
    And you call yourself the Master of Surprise.

xD

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon View Post
    Its funny but I don't think SM fans would be so upset if this was just a "story run"... ie: Spider Man #701 to ?... The fact that they reset the issues makes it seem so real.

Dan is doing a fantastic job of not only writing the book but also Marketing the SSM. He is a master of "pushing our buttons". For those of you that think that Peter will wind up being a "HS student" again I say thee Nay!

Dan reads all these posts, blogs, fan mail, etc....He is a true fan boy! I bet he will surprise us all...he will end this run with something we never expected! (at least thats my hope) LOL
    It's too bad that writers like Chris Yost(Scarlet Spider) or Kelly Sue(Captain Marvel) never took advantage of Dan Slott's talents of marketing his books. Otherwise, they would have avoided cancellation had they applied what worked for Slott.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 10-30-2013 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    And you call yourself the Master of Surprise.

xD
    It's kind of hard to surprise people when the clues are obvious. So here's one to tide you over. I actually didn't mind The Other.
    Last edited by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE; 10-31-2013 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    It's too bad that writers like Chris Yost(Scarlet Spider) or Kelly Sue(Captain Marvel) never took advantage of Dan Slott's talents of marketing his books. Otherwise, they would have avoided cancellation had they applied what worked for Slott.
    Slott has the trolling capacity to thrive in places like 4chan though. And he kind of bleeds enthusiasm, its infectious.

He's Always Right Ismail's Light's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Yep. And as for your last point, Graeme McMillan on his Newsarama blog had that one pegged right from the jump. Superior Spider-Man is turning out to be less about Doc Ock's possible redemption and more about resetting Peter Parker back to his traditional status quo...and with The Amazing Spider-Man 2 right around the corner to boot.
    Well, on the one hand, starting from square 1 again kind of sucks, on the other hand, I'd argue that Peter Parker really only works to his maximum potential as a character as a down-on-his-luck, teenage "loser"/underdog.

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    I kind of hard to surprise people when the clues are obvious. So here's one to tide you over. I actually didn't mind The Other.
    A /real/ surprise would've been saying someone, /anyone/, liked One Moment in Time. I think I've yet to hear that. xD

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    A /real/ surprise would've been saying someone, /anyone/, liked One Moment in Time. I think I've yet to hear that. xD
    I liked OMiT. I also liked OMD.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

I don't think this comic is about Ock at all, it's 100% about Peter

Quote Originally Posted by CaptenCollin View Post
    2. If Thanos shows up to earth while the avengers are gone, is that a contrivance? It's the plot. It's fiction. If Hawkeye runs out of arrows, is that a contrivance? Its fiction. You can't say this story uses contrivance when all the heroes ever do to save the day is through sheer luck or a last minute convenience. It's super hero comics. You only notice it now because the villain gets to use it too.
    1&3. I just don't get why people harp on MJ's characterization. It was dead obvious since issue 700 and this one sealed it for me!Click image for larger version. 

Views:	16 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	121333

I mean she literally rationilzes Peters recent change to the past stories Slott's had been writing with her. She chucked it up to Parker guilt causing him to do something *cough* drastic *cough*
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	10 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	121334

4. So since most of the progression he made since OMD was written by Slott's anyhow, shouldn't you be okay with this?

I hope I don't offend you or anything I just happen to disagree with you if I came off as aggressive or something, I sincerely apologize for that.
    agreed!

“Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.” ~Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    I liked OMiT. I also liked OMD.

Nah, I liked OMD too. OMIT... meh.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionCityComics View Post
    I don't think this comic is about Ock at all, it's 100% about Peter
    Agreed. I mean, it's a little bit about Ock of course, but it's mostly about Pete.
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Nichols View Post

Agreed. I mean, it's a little bit about Ock of course, but it's mostly about Pete.
    hilarious picture lol. Yeah I mean Ock is in it I guess haha

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Nichols View Post

OMiT had better art. Paolo Rivera for the win. Though, I dug Quesada's Mephisto.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

That I can definitely get behind. Rivera's art was fantastic! And if you ask certain posters* around here, that's all that matters.

* Sorry. Shameless baiting.
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

Culturally Silver. FuzzyBlueElf's Avatar

I think it's an interesting idea for a Supervillain and Superhero to swap places however I feel like it's gone on for far too long and it kind of alienates new readers who want to know more about Spider-man. And I'd actually have found it interesting if we had a series of Peter Parker having to deal with being a Supervillain and how no one would believe that he's actually Peter Parker.