Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    How did Namor know they already thought the gem might be in Wakanda, though? What made that more plausible than, say, NYC (which they were already sure to attack and which has the highest concentration of superhumans on the planet, generally), or, it being the Time gem, that they believed it to have jaunted off through time?
    I'll wager Namor assumed Thanos would look in NY too. Sending Thanos forces there would have been another logical place... though that potentially gets america pissed off at Namor. Same if he were to send them to say Latveria. There are a couple believable ones which could offer Thanos some resistance while keeping Thanos forces occupied. Since Wakanda is already ticked off at Namor and vice versa, he breaks even sending them there.

There's ultimately a lot of risk and reward in sending them to Wakanda. It's a place that's very believable as far as hiding the gem, and it's a place that can hold Thanos forces off (it's the only place that flat out beat Thanos forces at least in round one). Combine that with the obvious advantages of pitting 2 of Atlantis enemies against each other and it's easy to see how overall it's attractive choice.

There are downsides as well. And that's the gamble Namor is making here. He's likely assuming that earths forces will eventually rally and drive Thanos forces away. Ideally from Namors perspective, not until after Thanos can do some damage to Wakanda... but ultimately I'm sure he doesn't want Thanos around anymore than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by J/O/J/O View Post
    Exactly,Man.Also Ihave to say that if there is one thing I didnt like about Infinity(which,again,I adore and will get the 75 dollar trade) is that the Black Order was strangely...not all that.
    Yeah, I was a bit underwhelmed by the Black Order overall. Not that they were complete push overs or anything but I came in with the expectation that they would be a lot more uber than they turned out to be.

Though I suppose results vary. Corvus and Maw have more than held up their end so far. Proxima is at least breaking even.

Quote Originally Posted by PupsOfWar View Post
    anyhow, "I have no powers" is something of a meaningless statement when you're a character in a medium/industry where folks like Lex Luthor and Tony Stark are considered to lack superpowers despite all the magic they do with their science.
    From the statements about Maw seemingly having no powers to Black Dwarfs suppossedly unbreakable skin (he seemingly was bleeding after his first and only fight), I think we can safely take all the information we got from those initial bio's with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, I was a bit underwhelmed by the Black Order overall. Not that they were complete push overs or anything but I came in with the expectation that they would be a lot more uber than they turned out to be.

Though I suppose results vary. Corvus and Maw have more than held up their end so far. Proxima is at least breaking even.
    How is Proxima merely "breaking even"? Her absolute worst showing had her at stalemate. Otherwise, she's been runnin' over and one-shotting people.

Now that I think about it, where is Doom in all this?

Quote Originally Posted by divad4686 View Post
    Now that I think about it, where is Doom in all this?
    Given that his Latverian school was targeted, one would think Doom would want a piece of someone at this point in the story.

I suppose there's always a possibility he'll end up a secret member of the Illuminati. Reed and Tony did at one point early in the story go and meet with someone , but we never found out who. Doom's as likely candidate as anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Please Namor was not making a brilliant tactical decision, he sent them to Wakanda because he was pissed. Bullies don't like getting hit back. Its not like he actually weighed the odds and figured sending Thanos to Wakanda maximized some equation for Thanos Failure.

Agreed. He was pissed. It was already mentioned in one of the interview reports.
    SO LET THIS BE A LESSON. LEARN. YOUR. PLACE. - Prince Freeman

I'll wager Namor assumed Thanos would look in NY too. Sending Thanos forces there would have been another logical place... though that potentially gets america pissed off at Namor. Same if he were to send them to say Latveria. There are a couple believable ones which could offer Thanos some resistance while keeping Thanos forces occupied. Since Wakanda is already ticked off at Namor and vice versa, he breaks even sending them there.

There's ultimately a lot of risk and reward in sending them to Wakanda. It's a place that's very believable as far as hiding the gem, and it's a place that can hold Thanos forces off (it's the only place that flat out beat Thanos forces at least in round one). Combine that with the obvious advantages of pitting 2 of Atlantis enemies against each other and it's easy to see how overall it's attractive choice.

There are downsides as well. And that's the gamble Namor is making here. He's likely assuming that earths forces will eventually rally and drive Thanos forces away. Ideally from Namors perspective, not until after Thanos can do some damage to Wakanda... but ultimately I'm sure he doesn't want Thanos around anymore than anyone else.
    Except that with the world-killer weapons sited there, it's the most risky option he could have taken in terms of the survival of the entire planet, including his own people's survival. I can't really see where this choice suggests he's really thinking things through in terms of keeping his people alive at all.

So as I posted in the forum earlier where do people think Thane will wind up after infinity is over? Not wanting to repeat my forum, here is a link.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...n-of-Thanos-go

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Except that with the world-killer weapons sited there, it's the most risky option he could have taken in terms of the survival of the entire planet, including his own people's survival. I can't really see where this choice suggests he's really thinking things through in terms of keeping his people alive at all.
    When you're dealing with the certain death of your people at this very moment, the thread of POSSIBLE death tommorow doesn't seem quite as scary. Namor went high risk high reward. Which I suppose is the route most attractive when you're at the bottom of the barrel with nothing to lose. If things go wrong, then his people die anyways. But if things work out the way I suspect they will (ie Thanos being driven off with Wakanda being weakened), then I think Namor will have gotten what he wanted. But we'll see.

And truthfully I think access to the Illuminati's weaponry only makes a moderate difference. Thanos own fleet has demonstrated that it has the firepower to destroy an entire world. If Thanos wanted to destroy the earth, he has the means to do it without the Illuminati's weapons. Heck, you can argue Thanos own personal power can do it. Surfer was shown powerful enough to be a world buster, and I think Thanos is normally shown a notch above him. So the Illuminati's stash doesn't make it possible for THanos to destroy the earth... just easier.

Given that his Latverian school was targeted, one would think Doom would want a piece of someone at this point in the story.

I suppose there's always a possibility he'll end up a secret member of the Illuminati. Reed and Tony did at one point early in the story go and meet with someone , but we never found out who. Doom's as likely candidate as anyone.
    Doom may not make an appearance in Infinity #6, but he could appear in the subsequent planning for the conclusion to the Great Destroyer storyline. Maybe some research about the GD is keeping Doom busy at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if Reed and Tony got Doom to hunt down the GD, while the Illuminati handled Thanos and Dooms school children's problems. I think Doom doing that becomes more important than the trivial problem of Thanos and his Black Order.
    Last edited by jackolover; 11-03-2013 at 03:02 PM.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.