Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Marz Returns to "Witchblade" With an All-New Direction

Ron Marz discusses his return to the world of "Witchblade" and his plans to take Sara Pezzini and company in an all-new direction.

Full article here.

Just put down 170 about half and hour ago and I loved it! It was very much in line with what I was hoping Marz's new run would be like. I'm a he fan of his last run on Witchblade and I'm on board for the long haul this time!

I really enjoyed it. Great job!
    Stay Vocal, Demand More MI13 and Black Knight. Buy Original Sins #2
    Support Top Cow- Witchblade and Ravine! Stjepan Sejic Rules!

So I decided to pick this up and as a first Witchblade comic only knowing a bit about everything it read pretty well.

I do have to ask, is this the normal page count for Witchblade?

I wasn't entirely in love with Seeley's run, but I kept Witchblade on my pull list, and am glad that Marz has returned.

Braga's art looks good, although the head proportions seem a bit weird in the preview pages (very prominent brows/foreheads). As long as it doesn't detract from the story, I'm good.

Witchblade, meh.
    When is Marz returning to Shinku?

Quote Originally Posted by judedeath View Post
    I do have to ask, is this the normal page count for Witchblade?
    I enjoyed the issue quite a bit, and thought Marz handled the multiple narratives well. But I had the same thought when I was done. It felt a little short, and when I went back, found that it was only 18 story pages. Since it's $2.99 I'm not too upset about that, but I'd rather have a couple more story pages rather than that B&W strip that's been running in all of TopCow's books for awhile now.

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

I was so-so on this. I was a fan of Seely's Chicago stories and characters and now those seem to have disappeared as if they never happened. This issue was also pure set up. I am not sure for what since I didn't read the solicitations. I also found the story a little hard to follow going back and forth in time and with NJ. The art had me wondering if that was the same character in NJ as in Saratoga NY. But I suppose Magdalena helped Sara get rid of the Witchblade somehow and Sara went upstate. I have been a pretty big fan of the series but this is the second or third jarring change in the last few years. In my mind, it was at its peak pre Artifacts. If Marz can get it back to that level, all is forgiven.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls, Ms. Marvel

Witchblade is a series I just can't seem to get into for some reason or another.
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

Can someone tell me what happened in this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by felix77 View Post
    Can someone tell me what happened in this issue?
    Sara Pezzini is now the sheriff in Sartoga County, NY and she’s tasked with investigating a gruesome murder on the outskirts of town. The murder opens the floodgates to memories of her connection to Witchblade and The Darkness, as she struggles to deal with the emotional fallout from losing her daughter. Her past has beaten her into submission and Sara can no longer bear the cross on her back. She attempts to rid herself of the Witchblade once and for all with the help of Magdelena. The issues ends with a massive cliffhanger

I loved this issue and am glad that Marz is back. I've been a Witchblade reader since issue one and have sat through some really good runs and some really bad ones. So, glad to see Ron, whose previous run I adored, return, especially since I never quite warmed to Seely's stories or cast. I like the new locale and am interested in finding out exactly what led Sara here and what happened to the Witchblade. Crossing my fingers for a Gleason sighting or two eventually.
    Dream Boy's Dynamic Divas:
    Wonder Woman. Amethyst. Starfire. Spider Woman. Dazzler. Hellcat. Witchblade. Black Canary. Donna Troy. Wonder Girl. Huntress. Karma. Danielle Moonstar. Magik. Magma. Jean Grey. Psylocke. She-Hulk. Emma Frost. Ms. Marvel. Supergirl. Catwoman. Wolfsbane. Firestar. Fire & Ice. Dr. Light. Arachne. Snowbird. Tigra. The Wasp. Dream Girl. Saturn Girl. Marvel Girl. Polaris. Looker. Vampirella. Red Sonja. Zatanna. Dawnstar.

"Sometimes the best man for the job is a woman."