Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR TV: Slott on "Superior Spider-Man" Plans, "Goblin Nation" Dangers

Dan Slott broke down "Superior Spider-Man's" recent twists and turns, teasing danger ahead for Doc Ock Spidey and the rest of the cast in "Goblin Nation."

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Dan Slott broke down "Superior Spider-Man's" recent twists and turns, teasing danger ahead for Doc Ock Spidey and the rest of the cast in "Goblin Nation."

Full article here.
    Once again, Pete's science career gets torpedoed. Even his photojournalism credibility was trashed by J. Jonah himself. Even though Robbie would be sympathetic, he was recently burned by the Phil Urich Hobgoblin reveal, and fired Norah by association, so he's clearly about putting the paper's reputation first.

I suppose "eventually" if or when "real Pete" returns, he can only find work at Starbucks or Chipotle. Oh, well.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 10-29-2013 at 10:18 AM.

Is... is that Santa Claus?

How could you not love Mr. Slott? Seriously. I just wanna give the guy a hug, and eat Popeye's Spicy Recipe goodness with him. He looks like he could scarf down some Popeye's...

Dan, do you eat Popeye's?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Once again, Pete's science career gets torpedoed. Even his photojournalism credibility was trashed by J. Jonah himself. Even though Robbie would be sympathetic, he was recently burned by the Phil Urich Hobgoblin reveal, and fired Norah by association, so he's clearly about putting the paper's reputation first.

I suppose "eventually" if or when "real Pete" returns, he can only find work at Starbucks or Chipotle. Oh, well.
    His career at Horizon may be over but he's not going to be done with science. Especially as it looks like Otto is going to be forming "Parker Industries." When he returns, Peter may find himself running his own company! It'd be awfully funny if Pete returned to a life where he was actually more successful.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 10-29-2013 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    How could you not love Mr. Slott? Seriously. I just wanna give the guy a hug, and eat Popeye's Spicy Recipe goodness with him. He looks like he could scarf down some Popeye's...

Be fair, man. EVERYBODY loves Popeye's fried chicken. Popeye's is the mother grabbin' business. Slott definitely takes the world champion title of juggernaut Spidey writer. He's right though... no one can stop him. I hope he has notes laid out to where he's taking all of this in case he was some crazy accident or heart attack. I didn't think The Wheel of Time was going to get an ending when Robert Jordan passed. I'm glad he had it all laid out and that Brandon Sanderson capped it off.

Yup, Slott indeed looks like Santa Claus.
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

i love dan slott, love it or hate him, but he sure is making progress with spidy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

i had chipotle followed by starbucks for lunch today! no Pete sadly :(
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

Liz Allen is in charge of Alchemax. Seriously, nobody thought she might hire Peter Parker (assuming he returns) after being friends for so long?

Spider of the Shadows Assassin Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    Liz Allen is in charge of Alchemax. Seriously, nobody thought she might hire Peter Parker (assuming he returns) after being friends for so long?
    Could be a good idea, though Ock might chafe at working under someone else, particularly the someone else who threatened to steal his inventions and accomplishments and profit off them and is a criminal schemer so far continuing to pull the wool over everyone's eyes. However, it would be a good opportunity for "Peter Parker" to interact with "Michael O'Mara," thus having a Spider-Man in both the past and future of Alchemax, and perhaps Alchemax's records on Spider-Man in this time would be what gave Miguel O'Hara the idea for the Spider-Man genetic imprinting process in the first place. In other words, "Spider-Man is part of the beginning and the end of Alchemax." That kind of serendipity . . .
    Back in black, the hunter is ready to claim his prey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post

No kidding. I'd dig into a three-piece with that guy. I wish more fans shared Dan's devil-may-care attitude toward storytelling. He's having the time of his life, and it shows.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

I absolutely love his beard.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin Spider View Post
    Could be a good idea, though Ock might chafe at working under someone else, particularly the someone else who threatened to steal his inventions and accomplishments and profit off them and is a criminal schemer so far continuing to pull the wool over everyone's eyes. However, it would be a good opportunity for "Peter Parker" to interact with "Michael O'Mara," thus having a Spider-Man in both the past and future of Alchemax, and perhaps Alchemax's records on Spider-Man in this time would be what gave Miguel O'Hara the idea for the Spider-Man genetic imprinting process in the first place. In other words, "Spider-Man is part of the beginning and the end of Alchemax." That kind of serendipity . . .
    Or, the other scenario is that Doc Ock, as "Peter," starts his own company in order to continue funding his operations as Spider-Man a la like Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark do. After all, he did hire former Horizon employee, Sajani Jaffrey to work for him in issue #19. Of course, this could potentially lead to possible legal problems for Otto since some of his spider-tech was made while he was still "employed" by Horizon which would now legally be the property of Alchemax.
    Last edited by stillanerd; 10-29-2013 at 02:33 PM.
    Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Or, the other scenario is that Doc Ock, as "Peter," starts his own company in order to continue funding his operations as Spider-Man a la like Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark do. After all, he did hire former Horizon employee, Sajani Jaffrey to work for him in issue #19. Of course, this could potentially led to potential legal problems for Otto since some of his spider-tech was made while he was still "employed" by Horizon which would now legally be the property of Alchemax.
    Which is kinda convenient for Spock since Max Modell wasn't into the whole employee spying thing. It'll be hard to get proof on what spider-tech is a breach on Alchemax holdings. Unless there's a paper trail.