Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Origin II #1

Part 1 of 5! A few years after the events of ORIGIN finds James Howlett running with the wolves...until something unexpected brings him back into the world of Follow the first "X-Man" as he finds his way back to civilization and falls afoul of someone Sinister, who's just discovering mutantkind and the horrors he can visit on them. Plus, discover the secret behind James' greatest enemy! At some point, the mutant who will become The Wolverine must choose: is he man or is he beast? An all-new chapter in the secret origin of one of Marvel's most mysterious characters is revealed starting this November, by superstars Kieron Gillen (YOUNG AVENGERS, IRON MAN) and Adam Kubert (AVENGERS, UNCANNY X-MEN, WOLVERINE)!

Full preview here.

The images wont load.
    Just say no to lame Ultimate replacement characters.

If that's a nod to Mister Sinister in the synopsis - I may have to pick this up collected. I love Gillen's Sinister...

Kubert's art has evolved considerably since I last saw him draw Wolverine (a long while ago.)
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

Quote Originally Posted by aNamored View Post
    If that's a nod to Mister Sinister in the synopsis - I may have to pick this up collected. I love Gillen's Sinister...

Kubert's art has evolved considerably since I last saw him draw Wolverine (a long while ago.)
    Gillen confirmed Sinister will be in the story, in a previous interview.

Also, the art is amazing in those preview pages! I'm a huge Kubert fan and this seems like it will be him at his best.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Love Kubert but won't be buying a WOLVERINE book, wish he was doing something more interesting.

Just Sayin'

Pages won't load. Oh and this looks amazing. Hopefully Gillen will take over the ongoing Wolverine title after this is over.
    Support titles that need supporting. Quit buying, reading and complaining about comics you don't enjoy.

I have low expectations for this series.
    My Canon > Your Canon

Why does it say that he's the first x-man?

Edit: Art looks really nice.
    Be more constructive with your feedback -- Jemaine

It says he's the first x-man because mutants are slowly emerging at this period of time and sinister is in the beginning stages of studing mutation outside of london lol. Also.its a play on words x-man aka mysterious
    X-men,Wolverine,Spider-Man,Invaders,Nick Fury Sr,Black Widow,Cap BUcky

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

I have no idea how anyone can have low expectations for a Gillen/Kubert creative team. What do you want, Lee/Kirby? Claremont/Miller?

Come on now, this is going to be amazing.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

The images still won't load, but I'm still excited about this series. I'm glad to see Gillen doing another X-book again. I thought the first Wolverine Origins book broke new ground by exploring certain aspects to Wolverine that hadn't been revealed before. It showed him as an innocent child becoming corrupted. This story gives the impression that it shows him becoming the monster he would eventually become, with Sinister's help of course. And I think that's a story worth telling.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by beserkerclaw View Post
    It says he's the first x-man because mutants are slowly emerging at this period of time and sinister is in the beginning stages of studing mutation outside of london lol. Also.its a play on words x-man aka mysterious
    Thanks, I still don't really get it lol. Whatever, at least this has a great writer/artist combo so this should be a fun read.
    Be more constructive with your feedback -- Jemaine

I think this is going to be good. I want to trade wait it, but that's going to be tough.

Might give this a try, if only because of the creative team, but it does contradict my suggestion of restoring the mystery to Wolverine, not filling in every detail of hi life.

HopeistheGreatestofEvils Atomiq's Avatar

Gillypants writing Sinister again? I'm buying enough copies to bathe in.