View Poll Results: What did you think of USM #28?

Voters
18. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! Can't wait for Cataclysm!

13 72.22%
  • Good. I like where this story is going.

4 22.22%
  • Meh. Not bad, but it could have been worse.

1 5.56%
  • Bad. I'm not a fan of this story.

0 0%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    On Vacation

There found him.

On Vacation

Also there is three lanes that no one is using. I call bull crap.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Also there is three lanes that no one is using. I call bull crap.
    I think those are the guard rails.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post

Bendis posted this on his tumblr, its from Cataclysm Ultimate Spider-Man 1

I think its an Ultimatum flashback
    I always wanted to know what happened to Miles during Ultimatum?

Finally joining in to talk about how great this issue was! Seriously, THIS is why I used to love Ultimate Spider-man. Why I used to make sure I was at my comic shop early when it came out. Why I told all my friends "this is the best superhero book on the shelves."

This was, simply put, a whole lot of fun. I've always loved when Bendis does these superhero team ups. Cats and Kings and Ultimate Knights are classics, and the Amazing Friends was one of the book's best eras. That old vibe is brought back with mostly new characters, which I'd say finally cements this cast as a worthy one for the book. Spider-woman steals the show, of course, but the rest are good, too. Ultimate Power Pack is great, and I hope they remain a staple of this book.

Marquez killed it as usual. His art is a great fit for the book. I don't always love his backgrounds, which can be very digital looking, but the characters are fantastic. Cloak is also the coolest looking new character since Mysterio (big props to the colorist for that).

All the positives aside, there's still some stuff on a meta-level that bug me about the book. I like this new cast, but what about the supporting cast from the first 25 issues? I liked them, too. Judge is gone. Ganke was barely around for the past few issues, and his scene here wasn't too special. Katie is all but non-existent. Miles's dad gets some decent expository development, but not much page time. Sure, this arc was about the Power Pack. Not every character can be around all the time. But I just hope that Bendis eventually gets back around to working on Miles's non-super life.

A big part of the problem stems from the oft-complained about decompression from Bendis. I liked what he did with this arc, but I think it could have been done with a few less issues, allowing more page space for the rest. The Power Pack stuff gives me reassurance that the USM tie-in to Cataclysm will be solid, but the decompression makes me worry about the main mini, which has to balance a few dozen characters across five issues.

Oh, I also added a poll finally.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Quote Originally Posted by Doctuh View Post
    This issue left me hanging in a meta-way. The letters page and such made it sound like this was the end of the run. I am still sort of confused.
    YEAH! That letters page was the only bad thing of the issue. So confusing. I logged onto cbr hoping for clarification. If indeed it is the 'final' issue, well then the book does have sort of an open ending that takes away from the finality of the run - so that would be another little bad. Otherwise, great art, enjoyable wins and payoffs and finally Miles heroes' up properly after his debatably extended retirement.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	confusing.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	121235

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    YEAH! That letters page was the only bad thing of the issue. So confusing. I logged onto cbr hoping for clarification. If indeed it is the 'final' issue, well then the book does have sort of an open ending that takes away from the finality of the run - so that would be another little bad. Otherwise, great art, enjoyable wins and payoffs and finally Miles heroes' up properly after his debatably extended retirement.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	confusing.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	121235
    The end of this issue actually made me think that the UU might not end. I know that the UU has a history of killing off things and leaving dangling threads, but I think they would give Miles a better send off since he is their newest baby.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Quote Originally Posted by ebari View Post
    I liked the issue but it left me with a few questions.
    Will Roxxon be the new green goblin ? He got his ass handed to him by a bunch of kids (super-powered kids but kids all the same) I don't see a man like Roxxon going to take that sitting down.

I can safely assume that the Roxxon Brain Trust are the four horsemen Layla is Pestilence, Sinister is Death, Adrian Tomes is Famine and Armin Zola III is War, know that being said I would hope the four horsemen of the Apocalypse would be a little tougher to knock down, but maybe they got cocky ? I mean Sinister has demonstrated his ability to age people to the point of death ( I believe he killed most of the people present in a asylum a few ultimate x men issues back, and that was by just standing near them).

Finally, is who the hell was Milesís Dad before Miles was born? I mean he has demonstrated his badassery by killing a few Hydra soldierís by himself, so he defiantly has the skill set, but who was he ? and is he the Ultimatization of a 616 character ?, if so who ?

But all in all I thought it was a great issue
    I never thought of them as the horsemen you blew my mind also it could possibly be Rogue, Havok, Jean or Colossus, and Quicksilver.
    Mr.Ultimate on Tumblr got that 1610 love http://burningking1000.tumblr.com/

On Vacation

Yah technically the 616 Apocalypse was working on mutant genetics. It might be safe to say that he is doing the same here. Maybe not for mutants per say but a new race.

I was one of the most vocal critics of the Miles Morales era of USM. The first year or two was, imo, terrible. But the past several issues have been almost as good as the early issues of the original USM featuring Peter Parker. This issue was great! I think that having Miles grow up a little, having a Spider-man who is a little older, is one of the things that has made a difference, at least for me.

I don't much care for any other corner of the UU, but if they bring USM back with this level of quality, I might become a Miles Morales fan.

I still want a Peter Parker, Spider-man somewhere.
    Rock and Roll is Rock and Roll. When you try to make it more than that, it becomes something else. That's not a bad thing, but damn -- somebody still needs to play Rock and Roll.

☿Mecurial master of media Living Silver's Avatar

Being a fan of the X-books and not of the Ultimate books, I have come to expect certain patterns. In the x-universe, when a book ends, it usually means that its sales are not doing well. It will eventually relaunch, always with a different cast, and most often with a new creative team. I'm aware that the original run of Ultimate Spider-Man was over 100 issues long (which is one of the reasons I decided to invest in this title in the first place- consistent creative team over a long long time). I was hoping that Miles' story would follow a similar pattern.

I'm very upset that the book is canceled. I'm hoping the Ultimate editors treat their books differently than the X-books are treated, because I would hate for anything to be interrupted with the current formula. I couldn't be happier with Pichelli's replacement (Marquez), and Bendis is hitting all strides with the story. I love the visual designs of all of the characters, and I genuinely love Miles and his cast (it's not often these days that we get a strong non-powered cast in comics- they're very important).

Maybe the UU office is just trolling, to see how many people will speak up at the potential termination of the UU. If so, I hope they hear our voices. I know that I already wrote in.

Quote Originally Posted by Living Silver View Post
    Being a fan of the X-books and not of the Ultimate books, I have come to expect certain patterns. In the x-universe, when a book ends, it usually means that its sales are not doing well. It will eventually relaunch, always with a different cast, and most often with a new creative team. I'm aware that the original run of Ultimate Spider-Man was over 100 issues long (which is one of the reasons I decided to invest in this title in the first place- consistent creative team over a long long time). I was hoping that Miles' story would follow a similar pattern.

I'm very upset that the book is canceled. I'm hoping the Ultimate editors treat their books differently than the X-books are treated, because I would hate for anything to be interrupted with the current formula. I couldn't be happier with Pichelli's replacement (Marquez), and Bendis is hitting all strides with the story. I love the visual designs of all of the characters, and I genuinely love Miles and his cast (it's not often these days that we get a strong non-powered cast in comics- they're very important).

Maybe the UU office is just trolling, to see how many people will speak up at the potential termination of the UU. If so, I hope they hear our voices. I know that I already wrote in.
    It didn't get canceled
    Buy The Punisher

☿Mecurial master of media Living Silver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    It didn't get canceled
    Well then why did they announce that 28 was the last issue of Ultimate Comics Spider-Man? Are they just changing the title? Is Miles getting a new book?

I am aware that we have 3-5 issues of Cataclysm, but I'm talking about after the event is over. Even if the title picks up again after the event, 28 will not be the "last" issue then. So why tell us this?

Quote Originally Posted by Living Silver View Post
    Well then why did they announce that 28 was the last issue of Ultimate Comics Spider-Man? Are they just changing the title? Is Miles getting a new book?

I am aware that we have 3-5 issues of Cataclysm, but I'm talking about after the event is over. Even if the title picks up again after the event, 28 will not be the "last" issue then. So why tell us this?
    Have they announced it is the last issue? If so where?

I think they will all restart afer cataclysm, probably with new #1s
    I'm with the Douche!

Quote Originally Posted by horsehead View Post
    Have they announced it is the last issue? If so where?

I think they will all restart afer cataclysm, probably with new #1s
    In the letters page it says something like "well, this is the end of UCSM..." I don't have the issue in front of me so don't take the quote as literal.
    SUPER CRAZY ANIMAL HAND! is coming... now with MIKE ALLRED cover!

follow me on twitter @janthonyh