Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728
Results 406 to 413 of 413
  1. #406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    I'll be honest in saying this...given that Vision is made up of Simon Williams brain patterns, doesn't that mean that Wanda was truly in love with Simon the whole time ?
    Yes. Wanda fell in love with Simon's brain patterns, so ultimately that should lead her to the real Simon.

  2. #407
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    59,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    I'll be honest in saying this...given that Vision is made up of Simon Williams brain patterns, doesn't that mean that Wanda was truly in love with Simon the whole time ?
    I think that was ultimately what Byrne was trying to get at during his run on West Coast Avengers.

    I don't think it's entirely fair to say that loving Vision means loving Simon... but it certainly is VERY easy to justify Simon falling in love with Wanda, or Wanda falling in love with Simon given the circumstances.

  3. #408
    Elder Member Vic Vega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    I'll be honest in saying this...given that Vision is made up of Simon Williams brain patterns, doesn't that mean that Wanda was truly in love with Simon the whole time ?
    That had occured to Simon, as well.

    However, Vision and Simon aren't identical.

    Vision doesn't have Simon's memories. Vizh has Simon's proclivities (they pretty much have the same
    taste in women, for instance) but being that they lived different lives, thier personalities are different.

    Vision does not have Simon's history of screw-up or his shame issues.

    Simon doesn't have Vizh's aloofness or rage issues (its a REALLY bad idea to Piss Vision off).

  4. #409
    Completely sauced... klinton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    8,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by infernohara View Post
    I think you gotta wait and see on this one, Klinton. I know you've been upset over this, but I see this as another moment of weakness for Wanda. Just think about it a bit: Simon has been tortured by Wanda's powers for quite a while now. Not only he, but supposedly his brother too. She's upset the mutant nation and specially people like Rogue and Wolverine who constantly harass her. She's done pretty much everything she could to redeem herself and its still not working. Though her and Simon are close friends and even she knows they can really be nothing more that that regardless of what the twins say; like a dog, he sticks with her no matter what. She even has to use him to bring in a mass amount of mutants...which he may or may not live from.

    I think shes just having sex with him like a last supper kind of thing. Her thought being that shes caused him so much pain and she may just kill him with this massive spell. I don't think he'll be living long enough to put a ring on it.
    The bolded part crossed my mind too, actually. It would be a sweet gesture, and aleviate a lot of my concerns about the whole situation.

    Wanda being in charge here, and not just reacting impulsively is my main concern.

    If Remender is going this route, then I do owe him an apology (or twenty) for cursing his name this past week. :p

    I don't think Wanda needs to lose one of her closest friends though. That'd still bother me a bit. Not as much as she serving as the emotionally wrecked playtoy for Simon, but still.

    We'll just have to wait and see, I'll either end up relieved in a few issues, or have a SB/DB level episode all over these boards, hahaha. :p
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

  5. #410
    Completely sauced... klinton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    8,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    That had occured to Simon, as well.

    However, Vision and Simon aren't identical.

    Vision doesn't have Simon's memories. Vizh has Simon's proclivities (they pretty much have the same
    taste in women, for instance) but being that they lived different lives, thier personalities are different.

    Vision does not have Simon's history of screw-up or his shame issues.

    Simon doesn't have Vizh's aloofness or rage issues (its a REALLY bad idea to Piss Vision off).
    Right. It's been dealt with at length, actually. Many times. From both perspectives: Simon assuming Vision is a copy of him, and Vision wondering if he's just a copy of Simon.

    Vision =/= Simon clone. They're two very distinct persons.
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

  6. #411
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    We'll just have to wait and see, I'll either end up relieved in a few issues, or have a SB/DB level episode all over these boards, hahaha. :p
    You hear that Marvel? For the sake of entertaining the CBR forums, the Wanda/Simon pairing must be foisted to true love status as soon as is practicable.

  7. #412
    Senior Member Tendrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    Ew, did I just spell "recognise" with a "z"? Damn Americanisation.
    This is where I point and laugh at you, though I did once catch shit from one of my teachers for using UK spellings in my writing from hanging around too many Euros online. xD

  8. #413
    Completely sauced... klinton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    8,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    You hear that Marvel? For the sake of entertaining the CBR forums, the Wanda/Simon pairing must be foisted to true love status as soon as is practicable.
    Get thee behind me, Satan! :p
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •