Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I love Gillen, but I have no idea why the hell he's doing this stuff to Tony's origin.
    Simple answer. Like many (NOT ALL) comic book writers who have entered the industry over the last 23 years, he wants to leave his "mark" on the book/character.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    Simple answer. Like many (NOT ALL) comic book writers who have entered the industry over the last 23 years, he wants to leave his "mark" on the book/character.
    But it's better to go forward in doing that. He significantly left a mark on the character of Loki by creating two new characters that impacted him and quickly became fan-favorites
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Y The Last Nerd View Post
    I dropped this current run after #9, but was considering coming back with the next arc. But not now! I'll wait until the next re-launch. These kinds of retcons reek of bad soap opera drama that gets added in simply because no one can think of anything better to do with the character. I'll wait until it's someone else's turn.
    I'm dropping this book with this issue.

But it's better to go forward in doing that. He significantly left a mark on the character of Loki by creating two new characters that impacted him and quickly became fan-favorites
    I didn't read JIM, but that was the right way to do it. What he did with IRON MAN was the wrong way to do it.

I guess next story is going to reveal that Parkers had two sons but where really hurting for money so they ended up selling little Tony Parker to Starks. Or maybe they were some space aliens. So much story potential opened!!
    lots of dots

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I guess next story is going to reveal that Parkers had two sons but where really hurting for money so they ended up selling little Tony Parker to Starks. Or maybe they were some space aliens. So much story potential opened!!
    Well, Peter Parker will be getting a sister soon.

http://www.newsarama.com/18117-spide...hic-novel.html
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Disgusting stuff. True I dumped this flatulent potato after I realised it was going to degenerate into a self absorbed persecution complex trip but for real retcon his origin because the writer can't think of anything to do with the character = poor and character abusive IMO.
    "They can try, but no one's gonna care." Legendary Quote by MartinRedmond

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think marvel is necessarily going to re-retcon this since it doesn't really change anything.

Everything we think happened still happened... we just now know that he was adopted and has a genius brother out there. Aside from giving Stark a new member of his rogues gallery, I don't think it really changes anything in the slightest.
    Who says the brother is the genius? I think Tony must have the better blood lines, because it is Tony who does all the inventing, and any future flash forwards of the 616 has only shown Tony, never Arno.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    it really makes no sense for them to have adopted him, imo. and how does Arno fit into this?
    To me Arno should look like a blob because he has never had a chance to move or leave his room, yet he looks trim and his arms appear well shaped.

As to the significants of Arno, there must have been a personal attendant all this time, and we still don't know how Jarvis fits into all this. If it turns out Jarvis is Tonys dad, that would be a nice turn of events. For there to be a mysterious brother of Tony Stark, reminds me of the Clone Saga. All these years, a brother has tracked Tonys progress as Iron Man, (or he doesn't know about IM), and had to refrain from making contact. You have to wonder if Arno had a secret organisation running behind the scenes, like Atlas or something similar, all these years?
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

Well, Peter Parker will be getting a sister soon.

http://www.newsarama.com/18117-spide...hic-novel.html
    Then i guess its space aliens for Tony.
    lots of dots

I'm not reading the book, but does anyone actually feel like Gillen has a direction for the book?
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

And he creates a new character here, doesn't he?

What this story made me think of are the stories about Thomas Wayne Jr from Morrison and Snyder.
    Last edited by Leocomix; 10-24-2013 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leocomix View Post
    What this strory mame think of are the stories about Thomas Wayne Jr from Morrison and Snyder.
    Which nobody likes or accepts as canon.

Next up, the reveal of his parents - Steve Rogers and an Italian mistress.

Me too. Arno will eventually be able to get around using ... what? That's right, ARMOR! Arno need not be the stereotypical bad brother - everyone is presuming that. He may prove to be a great supporting character, and a hero in his own right. Interesting we lose Flash Thompson as Venom -- a "suit" that gives him working legs, and get a diabled Stark Brother that needs a "suit" to survive within a matter of months! Also, if his parents are a mystery, and Howard was part of SHIELD -- what is the possibility that maybe Stark's origins are even a little unorthodox? That would explain why he looks so much like Howard Stark. Remember, in the 60s and 70s, where did Whizzer and Ms. America go to get assistance with her birth? Where did Magda go? Where did Jessica Drew's parents go? Where did anyone with an interest in genetics go? A certain mountain full of cow and goat people -- domicile of the High Evolutionary! Betcha he could figure out how to mess with a baby's genetics so that it would fool even a robot like 451!!!!! (That's what bothers me -- I don't think they could adopt just any child because one genetic scan to see if everything is OK, and 451 would NOT be happy).