Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I just got my copy of this in the mail yesterday. Read through it the second time after I got home from work this morning and I really liked it. I've read that some people found what was presented confusing, but I thought it was more incomplete than anything. What we've been shown in the first issue has me interested enough to stick around and see where DeConnick is going with the story. I have never seen any of Rios' art before, but she is great! I'm sorry that I don't have anything more original to add to the discussion, but I just wanted to sing my praises for this title.
    Last edited by zbjj; 11-26-2013 at 04:19 AM.

I loved this. Rios's art is gorgeous, as usual. The setting and tone were right up my alley too. IMO, the similarities between this and East of West are purely surface level. They happen to be "weird westerns" featuring Death personifications, but they don't actually feel anything alike.

Got Tickets for SDCC '15! Power Torch's Avatar

Just ran into this, was thinking about picking it up. XD dont really have the money, but I thought if the cbr forums people thought it was good I would give it a shot, but after the first to pages of the thread I keep seeing mixed reviews. Still am wondering if I should get this lol.
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Just ran into this, was thinking about picking it up. XD dont really have the money, but I thought if the cbr forums people thought it was good I would give it a shot, but after the first to pages of the thread I keep seeing mixed reviews. Still am wondering if I should get this lol.
    I highly recommend it. It's a challenging read, no question. But it's also a pleasurable one. If you don't mind a little uncertainty for a little while, then it's fantastic. Emma Rios' art is gorgeous - very stylized and kinetic. DeConnick's writing is great, infusing characters with a lot of personality. The story is strange, and there's a lot that hasn't been explained yet. I think DeConnick said some answers will start coming in #3, so it's just next month.

This series is blowing me away. I really can't praise it enough.

Got Tickets for SDCC '15! Power Torch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatican View Post
    I highly recommend it. It's a challenging read, no question. But it's also a pleasurable one. If you don't mind a little uncertainty for a little while, then it's fantastic. Emma Rios' art is gorgeous - very stylized and kinetic. DeConnick's writing is great, infusing characters with a lot of personality. The story is strange, and there's a lot that hasn't been explained yet. I think DeConnick said some answers will start coming in #3, so it's just next month.

This series is blowing me away. I really can't praise it enough.
    Thanks, I called my local store and I have number 1 and 2 waiting for me as soon as I get there! I am excited to see more about this book!
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).