Page 170 of 465 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 6974

Quote Originally Posted by Phelpzy View Post
    I had thought they had stopped the Classic awhile back
    I'm not entirely sure what the status of the Classic line is at the moment. I've heard that the Visionaries line has been discontinued, but I'm aware that New Mutants Classic Vol. 7 at least came out last year (granted, they probably won't don't need to release any more since the series continues directly in Mutant Massacre, which got a shiny new TPB release just last month).

I guess you'd have to ask somebody who's clever about collected editions (in other words, not me!)

Speaking of which, and following on from a question I'd asked in the Hulk thread earlier today, if the Visionaries series has indeed been discontinued, would I be far wrong in assuming that some sort of PAD Hulk omnibus is virtually inevitable?

Quote Originally Posted by DonEMC View Post
    Ron Wilson was THE Thing artist for many years. I don't think there's anyone who drew him better, especially in the last 10 issues of Marvel Two-In-One and those early issues of Thing. I think some of those Ron Wilson covers are 1980s classics. I'd certainly love to see a Thing Omnibus or at least the continuation of the Thing Classic series of tpbs.
    What happened with issue #10 then? It looks awful! Wilson was certainly a better artist than this IIRC, too. I'd hesitate to ask for more issues of The Thing if he started "phoning it in" before the first year of the series was over.

Quote Originally Posted by DonEMC View Post
    I am going to speculate and say that Marvel will give us a Captain Britain by Alan Moore featuring Miracleman when they start cranking out the MM stuff in January. I mean, his first appearance as Miracleman was in a crossover with Captain Britain in an issue of Daredevils.
    You mean "Captain Britain by The Original Writer"? That's gonna look great on the shelf. :)

Or maybe they could bill it as "by Alan Davis and Friends". Cue Alan Moore interview in which he makes it very forcibly known that he hasn't been "friends" with any of these people in decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Loaf View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what the status of the Classic line is at the moment. I've heard that the Visionaries line has been discontinued, but I'm aware that New Mutants Classic Vol. 7 at least came out last year (granted, they probably won't don't need to release any more since the series continues directly in Mutant Massacre, which got a shiny new TPB release just last month).

I guess you'd have to ask somebody who's clever about collected editions (in other words, not me!)

Speaking of which, and following on from a question I'd asked in the Hulk thread earlier today, if the Visionaries series has indeed been discontinued, would I be far wrong in assuming that some sort of PAD Hulk omnibus is virtually inevitable?

I'd hope so a PAD Hulk omnibus would be a must buy for me

I don't want the EPIC line.
    I want the Omnibus line, keep giving me the material that way Marvel.
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

My fear of the Epic line is how well it will hold up over time considering how large the books are. My X-Men by Fraction TPB is already splitting after 2 readings
    Lost In Limbo

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I don't want the EPIC line.
    I want the Omnibus line, keep giving me the material that way Marvel.
    It seems well have both which I'm down for just worried about how well tpbs will hold up over the long run tpb format is decent but I'd rather have OHC and Omnis

Logic tells me that no matter the paper stock or card stock, which is still just thick paper, that the manufacture techniques of a Hardcover are superior.
    I'm game to pay the price for durability.
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

I finished Bishop's Crossing OHC and my goodness it was a chore to get through.
    Lost In Limbo

Hardcover Aficionado buytradestuff's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exparr0t View Post
    It's a standard trim, high page count tradepaperback line that has the goal of reprinting major series (like Thor, Iron Man, Spider-man etc.) from start to finish without any gaps. Think Essentials, but not nearly as thick, in full color and generally higher production value.

Marvel will be publishing out of order -- i.e. publishing volume 16 before 1 - 15, and then volume 13 or whatever Marvel thinks will sell or tie in to something else, or is popular at the moment). These volumes will work around other collections that are recently printed that will ultimatley be reprinted in the epic format once out of print and otherwise unavailable.
    Quote Originally Posted by smc123
    There are already a few releases already. They are basically 500+ page TP's.
    Thanks so much for enlightening me. Hadn't heard about these. I like the idea of "Volume 16", very promising. Wish we could see something like that in the HC line.
    Got extra comics? Trade them on CBR's Trading Forum!
    My Trade List, and Want List

Quote Originally Posted by Phelpzy View Post
    I'd hope so a PAD Hulk omnibus would be a must buy for me
    I agree with this
    Lost In Limbo

My little brother hooked me up with an amazon gift card Im having trouble deciding if I should get Deadpool Max and Incredible Hulks: World War Hulks OHCs or the Incognito Classified Edition. Any advice? Im a huge fan of Brubaker and Phillips but the page count seems low for the price.
    Last edited by Busby; 12-27-2013 at 08:21 PM.

I'd pick Deadpool Max
    Lost In Limbo

Yeah, I'm constantly in disbelief that they haven't done a Peter David Hulk Omnibus yet.

As far as the Epic line goes, I hope sometime they reprint issues of Daredevil circa #200. In other words, the 25 or so issues between Miller's first run and the Born Again stuff. I have a handful of those issues and they're decent stuff. Fairly significant comics, as well. An early "Hey, it's WOLVERINE!" guest appearance, more stuff with the Hand, and the introduction of Lady Deathstrike.

Quote Originally Posted by Busby View Post
    My little brother hooked me up with an amazon gift card Im having trouble deciding if I should get Deadpool Max and Incredible Hulks: World War Hulks OHCs or the Incognito Classified Edition. Any advice? Im a huge fan of Brubaker and Phillips but the page count seems low for the price.
    I'd go Deadpool MAX too (the OHC with all issues of both Vols. in it; great value for some very unique and enjoyable comics). Incognito is okay but not even close to Criminal in terms of greatness, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by DBrewer75 View Post
    I finished Bishop's Crossing OHC and my goodness it was a chore to get through.
    I like the first handful of issues, mostly out of nostalgia, I guess, but I DO think the reboot/Gold Team story was fun at first, as was the stuff with the Hellfire Club, the Upstarts, and Bishop when he first shows up. In other words, I like issues 281-284. But, yeah, the stuff with Mikhail and the Morlocks is almost indescribably bad. And LONG.

Quote Originally Posted by Busby View Post
    What kind of story's are you most likely to enjoy? Those are all over the place, World War Hulks though was only a part of a much bigger story if I remember correctly. If personally go with Incognito, but I'm a huge Brubaker fan
    Last edited by Phelpzy; 12-27-2013 at 08:36 PM.