Page 168 of 471 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 7060

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBeast View Post
    Unless they put out a companion Omnibus of Thunderstrike, I don't really see the point. Maybe they'll put out a Thunderstrike Omni first, as a draw to get people interested in the DeFalco/Frenz run.
    I've only read the first two dozen issues of DeFalco/Frenz Thor and don't recall reading the Thunderstrike storyline. I just know that those issues were mighty pretty and were well written and very fun stories! And that's saying a lot, since I think Marvel started quickly going down hill circa Secret Wars II.

Quote Originally Posted by buytradestuff View Post
    I think I missed something, can someone please explain what the Epic format is going to look like? Is it going to be a larger-format HC?
    It's a standard trim, high page count tradepaperback line that has the goal of reprinting major series (like Thor, Iron Man, Spider-man etc.) from start to finish without any gaps. Think Essentials, but not nearly as thick, in full color and generally higher production value.

Marvel will be publishing out of order -- i.e. publishing volume 16 before 1 - 15, and then volume 13 or whatever Marvel thinks will sell or tie in to something else, or is popular at the moment). These volumes will work around other collections that are recently printed that will ultimatley be reprinted in the epic format once out of print and otherwise unavailable.

Quote Originally Posted by buytradestuff View Post
    I think I missed something, can someone please explain what the Epic format is going to look like? Is it going to be a larger-format HC?
    There are already a few releases already. They are basically 500+ page TP's.

Quote Originally Posted by 39steps View Post
    DEFINITELY an OHC. I've seen it at my local B.A.M. While I haven't cracked one open it looks to me to be a straight reprint of Origin with a slight name change and new cover.
    So were 100% sure it's OHC? My tpb has a rip and I'd upgrade to HC if it's OHC

Quote Originally Posted by DBrewer75 View Post
    for those that still need it, I saw this on Bleedingcool

"Hastings is selling the $100 Fall Of The Mutants X-Men Omnibus for $15 if you add the DEALOFTHEDAY codeword when picking it up, plus a dollar postage."

I just looked and it's still in stock. It's listed as used so take that as you will. My local Hastings have 3 on the shelf marked used that are still wrapped in plastic.
    Thanks!! Not sure how I missed that since I go to that website everyday. So with FOTM for $17 and the new copy of the Claremont/Lee vol 1 I picked up last week for $28 that's over 1500 pages of X-men goodness for $45! I know they are not the best stories but for the price it's too good to pass up.

Just finished vol 1 of Masterworks Uncanny X-Men have volume to to still read but if it's as good as the first I will be upgrading to Omnibus vol 1 early next month

I got my first ever Omnibus today, Millers Wolverine. Wasn't high on my priority list but I got my hands on it for 20 quid so that wasn't too bad. Never read any of it before, never read any Wolverine solo stuff, so I am excited to check it out.
    Thor: God of Thunder, Indestructible Hulk, Deadpool, Captain Marvel, Avengers, Mighty Avengers, All-New X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Phelpzy View Post
    Just finished vol 1 of Masterworks Uncanny X-Men have volume to to still read but if it's as good as the first I will be upgrading to Omnibus vol 1 early next month
    Vol. 1 is classic, but in my opinion it just keeps getting better from there. I'd be shocked if you don't wind up loving Vol. 2 just as much if not more.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Vol. 1 is classic, but in my opinion it just keeps getting better from there. I'd be shocked if you don't wind up loving Vol. 2 just as much if not more.
    What he said! X2

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBeast View Post
    Unless they put out a companion Omnibus of Thunderstrike, I don't really see the point. Maybe they'll put out a Thunderstrike Omni first, as a draw to get people interested in the DeFalco/Frenz run.
    The Thunderstrike TPBs sold so poorly, I doubt we'll ever see a Thunderstrike Omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by DonEMC View Post
    The Thunderstrike TPBs sold so poorly, I doubt we'll ever see a Thunderstrike Omnibus.
    I was joking.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I'll be reading vol 2 tonight, if I enjoy it I'll be upgrading to the Omnibus and preordering vol 2 Omnibus as well

Well this was a nice surprise.

I had some credit for Amazon and ordered the new reprint of Fantastic Four Volume 1. It has been awhile since I have ordered an omnibus from them since the shipping is hit or miss on how it is packaged.

The book has bubble wrap around it and then put into a plastic bag. Is this normal for them now?

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    I had some credit for Amazon and ordered the new reprint of Fantastic Four Volume 1. It has been awhile since I have ordered an omnibus from them since the shipping is hit or miss on how it is packaged.
    The book has bubble wrap around it and then put into a plastic bag. Is this normal for them now?
    Not from the warehouse that sends me stuff it's not. I get the bulk of my books through specialty shops now, but still get OHCs and others stuff from Amazon due to giftcards and the like. The books I typically get, even big OHCs, are shrinkwrapped to a slice of cardboard. Sometimes an air pillow is thrown in, but that's it. Never seen packing like that. Kudos to them, and congrats to you, on receiving high level shipping from Amazon on an omnibus.
    "No job is worth your integrity" - Herm Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post

Not normal at all, at least for my warehouse, it's just thrown in a box with 2 or 3 air bags, main reason I have stopped buying from them.