Page 158 of 473 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208258 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 7090

I had to pick up my CGN box from the post office... when I got home yesterday I had the signature slip waiting. The last update I had on tracking I had was "out for delivery" so I thought they had just dropped it off. My mailman plays by the rules when he feels like it. HAHA

I ordered 7 books so I was a little scared how they would come through in shipping but CGN once again did an excellent job. There's not a ding or a scratch. My FF Vol 1's cover is a bit miswrapped but I will live.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to overhaul my shelving arrangement though because some of the books I got were massive.
    Lost In Limbo

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Jesus, he said it was "some of the best Thor ever!."
    So yes, he thinks it's worth reading.
    Buy a book already and quit asking the same question over and freakin' over again!
    During the past two weeks people have gone out of their way to answer questions and post picture (sometimes multiple times), and yet you continue to ask about various books and not even the same freakin ones.
    Seriously, go buy a book. Read it. Then come back with more questions about other books.
    Hell, give us your review of the books.
    That would be helpful.
    Thanks.
    Oh yeah we all have different opinions. I think v1 was tolerable, and v2 the most tedious piece of crap. Tell you what, read it, and then read X-Men v2, and then ask yourself why were the x-men sales down and they got cancelled? Someone else thought the opposite, and there are probably others who think both are great. So someone asking "is v2 any good" is just plain silly, especially with no context on what the hell they actually like. Their fav comic might be some crap like my little pony. Just read the forums, see what other people seem to agree with what you like

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I liked that first arc Huston did. Did he continue writing because the series certainly dropped off quickly.
    He wrote the first two HC's.
    Today, I make no demands... no threats! But, one day, I shall voice demands -- and all shall obey them!

Quote Originally Posted by weeks View Post
    there were a handful at 65% off like mcfarlane spider-man, avengers, age of apocalypse, x-force and a few others i can't recall. i think after the first few hours the were only discounted at 60% off
    $100 Omnis were $34.95, with the exception of brand-new stuff or non-Omnis (DD Miller reprint, Fatal Attractions, FF vol2 reprint pre-order, Uncanny vol1 reprint, Uncanny vol2 pre-order)

$125 Omnis were $43.75 with the exception of Deadpool pre-order and FF Byrne vol2 pre-order

They increased by $6-10 after a day or so as supplies became more limited.

A pretty good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonishingXMan View Post
    $100 Omnis were $34.95, with the exception of brand-new stuff or non-Omnis (DD Miller reprint, Fatal Attractions, FF vol2 reprint pre-order, Uncanny vol1 reprint, Uncanny vol2 pre-order)

$125 Omnis were $43.75 with the exception of Deadpool pre-order and FF Byrne vol2 pre-order

They increased by $6-10 after a day or so as supplies became more limited.

A pretty good deal.
    Ugh, I can't believed I missed AoA for 43.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    So do you guys feel they included everything that was needed/wanted? (I'm not familiar with the event so I'm curious.)
    Definite buy for me regardless.
    I with they squeezed in SS v3 #41-43 too.They have nothing to do with IG itself, but:

a) they are directly connected to #40 which is included in the omnibus (and it is so largely cause of the first half of that particular issue)

b) including #41-43 would complete Starlin's SS run (minus annuals), giving buyers an additional (awesome) incentive

c) Dynamo city arc (#40-43) is just pure fun, and also a nice social commentary

I'd gladly lose Spider-Man #17, Cloak & Dagger #18 & Sleepwalker #7 (or even Hulk #383-385) in order to get these SS in.

Quote Originally Posted by redmangoose View Post
    Ugh, I can't believed I missed AoA for 43.
    Well I didn't miss it. I got it for $43 from CGN. At least I think I did. I mean I ordered it. Didn't even wait till Black Friday. Nope. Ordered it Thanksgiving night in a tryptophan stupor. I mean....I think. It's not like I actually HAVE the book. CGN's tracking info says they mailed it on Dec. 12th. Only 15 days after placing my order. And that was 12 days ago.... You don't think it could be invisible do you? Must be the holidays. Post office is certainly busy this time of year. No wait...that can't be it. An order with InStockTrades I placed 4 days ago came just this morning! That was certainly an order that I did not expect to arrive before Christmas....weird.

Oh...and TomSlick...don't forget...children use these forums too. Sometimes its not hard to tell when they post. " Is the sky blue? Why is the sky blue? Is the green grass better than the blue sky? Will I like the green grass better? You're all douches and a-holes! ....what about West Coast!"

Merry Christmas everybody!
    Last edited by 39steps; 12-24-2013 at 04:42 PM.

Hey all, just wanted to wish you all the best this holiday season, and hope you have a very restful time with family and friends. For me it's definitely a time to be thankful to God for my wife, children, pets and friends and also for you guys for emptying my coffers Without you, I would never of known about some of the Black Friday deals such as B&N 3 for 2 + 30%, amazon 10% and not kept my eyes open for what was going down with other internet comic stores, as well as getting your expert opinions on certain Omnibuses I wasn't in the loop on, which of course consequently caused me to double my collection of Omnibuses and OHCs in an amazingly short space of time

I leave you with a Christmas pic of my ever favourite DD. All the best!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dd.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	123746
    Recently read: Loki Agent of Asgard, ANM She-Hulk, Daredevil Reborn. Currently reading: Golden Age Marvel Comics Omnibus, Daredevil 2011-2014 (Vol. 3), Turok Dinosaur Hunter, Doc Savage.

Quote Originally Posted by 39steps View Post
    Well I didn't miss it. I got it for $43 from CGN. At least I think I did. I mean I ordered it. Didn't even wait till Black Friday. Nope. Ordered it Thanksgiving night in a tryptophan stupor. I mean....I think. It's not like I actually HAVE the book. CGN's tracking info says they mailed it on Dec. 12th. Only 15 days after placing my order. And that was 12 days ago.... You don't think it could be invisible do you? Must be the holidays. Post office is certainly busy this time of year. No wait...that can't be it. An order with InStockTrades I placed 4 days ago came just this morning! That was certainly an order that I did not expect to arrive before Christmas....weird.

Oh...and TomSlick...don't forget...children use these forums too. Sometimes its not hard to tell when they post. " Is the sky blue? Why is the sky blue? Is the green grass better than the blue sky? Will I like the green grass better? You're all douches and a-holes! ....what about West Coast!"

Ha ha. Merry Christmas to you too.

Quote Originally Posted by pjerooo View Post
    I with they squeezed in SS v3 #41-43 too.They have nothing to do with IG itself, but:

a) they are directly connected to #40 which is included in the omnibus (and it is so largely cause of the first half of that particular issue)

b) including #41-43 would complete Starlin's SS run (minus annuals), giving buyers an additional (awesome) incentive

c) Dynamo city arc (#40-43) is just pure fun, and also a nice social commentary

I'd gladly lose Spider-Man #17, Cloak & Dagger #18 & Sleepwalker #7 (or even Hulk #383-385) in order to get these SS in.
    I was disappointed about this too and have a warm place in my heart for the Dynamo city storyline. I hope at the VERY least the omnibus has an explanation page between the issues explaining hiw the Surfer got out, because otherwise going from issue 40 to 44 is going to be very weird and awkward.

The 'Job Hunting' issue (41 I think) is my third favorite Surfer issue ever (After 50 and 75) and it's a shame to see it nixed from here. Ah well.
    Marvel cosmic needs Jim Starlin back. As long as he is prohibited from using the word 'myriad' ever again.

"Hold my Annihilus." - Johnny Storm, Captain of the Annihilation Wave Armada

Quote Originally Posted by pjerooo View Post
    I with they squeezed in SS v3 #41-43 too.They have nothing to do with IG itself, but...
    I completely agree. I know this is me projecting, but I always find it weirdly petty when Marvel excludes three or fewer issues from an Omni when they would create a more complete run and/or bring in an outlier that is unlikely to be reprinted elsewhere. That includes this example of skipping issues in an otherwise big run as well when it's an "Author's Name" omnibus and they exclude a single issue mid-run not by that author, and when they skip the opportunity to include a really relevant tie-in with a run (like Claremont's Spider-Woman #37 in the 2nd UXM Omni).

We're generally talking about 20-72 pages, which is clearly within the margin of price variance. IG is going to be a huge Omni, but I'm sure there was a way to get these issues in.

All that said, Jeph York tends to have pretty solid reasons for these things. I'm sure we'll get his story, eventually, on the MMW board.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I completely agree. I know this is me projecting, but I always find it weirdly petty when Marvel excludes three or fewer issues from an Omni when they would create a more complete run and/or bring in an outlier that is unlikely to be reprinted elsewhere. That includes this example of skipping issues in an otherwise big run as well when it's an "Author's Name" omnibus and they exclude a single issue mid-run not by that author, and when they skip the opportunity to include a really relevant tie-in with a run (like Claremont's Spider-Woman #37 in the 2nd UXM Omni).

We're generally talking about 20-72 pages, which is clearly within the margin of price variance. IG is going to be a huge Omni, but I'm sure there was a way to get these issues in.

All that said, Jeph York tends to have pretty solid reasons for these things. I'm sure we'll get his story, eventually, on the MMW board.
    Unfortunately DC does it too. There was a recent matter with the Geoff Johns JSA omnibus not including the first arc because he didn't write it. It's since been resolved, but I scratch my head sometimes in that I get that the company wants to "sell" a certain writer or artist, but wouldn't it make more sense to sell the character(s) and the complete story too?

Quote Originally Posted by 39steps View Post

This. I'm not a very frequent poster but i read this forum everyday since it first started and i sometimes feel you guys can be pretty hard on posters with certain questions:)
    I get why these questions can be annoying but it is of course possible that you're responding to a fifteen year old who is asking on what omnibus to spend his money from his paper route...
    And he is actually buying the books he's asking about...

Not saying Phelpzy is fifteen of course, just using you as an example:)

Calling people assholes is just plain wrong btw.

A question for everyone:

Did you find an omnibus or OHC this year you've been hunting for and never thought you'd actually have in your collection?
    For me it was the Alias and Ultimates (Millar) omnibuses. Since i found out they existed i wanted to own them and i actually found them for coverprice this year.
    Same goes for Uncanny X-Men vol.1 and but i sold it for a lot of cash when i read on this forum that a reprint was coming:)

Next year i'm going for Daredevil vol.1 by Brubaker!

I got the Annihilation and War of Kings OHCs this year, which I didn't expect. Wish I didn't get the first 3 Annihilation volumes now that the omnibus is announced, but that's life. My favorite unexpected pickups were the third Mighty Avengers OHC and Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire.

Oh man I just read Forever Allies OHC. I can't believe Kirby and Whitewash Jones. Something that will always come to my mind each time I think of Kirby, especially when these Stan Lee hating Kirby retconners peddle their crap.