Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley View Post
    Actually, let's ignore Solaris for a second. (There's the whole "not all gods are equal" argument, but I'll spare you that for right now.) It has been pointed out that Solaris can hurt Shadow. To determine the limits of what can't hurt Shadow, we want to see the strongest thing he's been hit by that hasn't hurt him.
    Out of Super Shadow's 3 appearances thus far, the strongest enemy that has NOT been able to hurt Super Shadow was Devil Doom (Shadow the Hedgehog true final boss). His strongest attacks merely knock Shadow backwards, but not hurt him (in the sense that his attacks do not make Super Shadow lose Rings).

Quote Originally Posted by Enerjak_Knuckles View Post
    The thing is, with the exceptions of the Anti-Monitor and The First Lantern, could any of those characters you mentioned be able to fight a being that exists in the past, present, AND future simultaneously? If so, how would they do it?
    Let me give you an example.

Once upon a time Ultimate Ronan fought the Dimensioneer or something like that.

Point is the guy could attack you in all the dimensions.

Yeah, all of them. It was kind of his thing. Complete with the guy narrating going, you puny humans only comprehend 3 but him! He's totally got all of them. It was kind of a bid deal how badass this guy was.

By comparison Ronan has a hammer.

Ronan wins by bashing him repeatedly with the hammer (which is also a super weapon but whatever).

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Let me give you an example.

Once upon a time Ultimate Ronan fought the Dimensioneer or something like that.

Point is the guy could attack you in all the dimensions.

Yeah, all of them. It was kind of his thing. Complete with the guy narrating going, you puny humans only comprehend 3 but him! He's totally got all of them.

By comparison Ronan has a hammer.

Ronan wins by bashing him repeatedly with the hammer (which is also a super weapon but whatever).
    yu know even though people weren't feeling that arch, I loved Ult ronan being Thanos son and he was a total badass

the art was cool too
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Minor correction: Did some google search, the guy's name is Tesseract

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    yu know even though people weren't feeling that arch, I loved Ult ronan being Thanos son and he was a total badass

the art was cool too
    Personally, I liked the arc. The changes were pretty interesting and, yeah, Ronan was cool.

the demon king rules master of read's Avatar

I appreciate that. One of the candidates for my rumble was in fact CoIE-era Anti Monitor.

Starting at 3:11, Solaris rises and does that to the world. Beginning at 3:50 is what I really wanted you guys to see, but I couldn't find that cutscene by itself. During that time, they describe what Solaris is and what it is capable of. To be honest, with the exceptions of the Anti-Monitor and the First Lantern, I either do not know much about those characters or they have never displayed reality-warping abilities (White Lantern Kyle Rayner's best shots didn't even tickle Volthoom, while I know that at least Dr. Strange is a reality warper). Solaris vs The First Lantern was actually my first post on this site. During the Crisis on Infinite Earths (I own the graphic novel), due to the Anti Monitor (or his interference), in the main universe, all Time periods had merged together and the people had seen things and people from the past, present, AND future, all in the same timeline.

The thing is, with the exceptions of the Anti-Monitor and The First Lantern, could any of those characters you mentioned be able to fight a being that exists in the past, present, AND future simultaneously? If so, how would they do it?

The other candidate for the vs. Solaris rumble was DP Jean Grey.
    sure, white lantern kyle didnt do much against the first lantern but then again, solaris isn't the first lantern.
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    sure, white lantern kyle didnt do much against the first lantern but then again, solaris isn't the first lantern.

How would the other guys fight Solaris? Starting with Thor...

Not to sound like a broken record (which I most likely will) but unless any of the aforementioned characters can somehow fix the timestream so they will exist in all time periods just like Solaris, then they become Solaris' appetizer(s) (with the dimension being the main course). As little as I know about most of those characters, I know that they are VERY powerful, and at least 2 of them are mid to high level reality warpers.

EDIT: Better question-- have any of those guys ever defeated a being that was at least on Solaris' level in terms of power and skill (i.e. those who can exist in all time periods simultaneously and consume entire timelines/dimensions)?
    Last edited by Enerjak_Knuckles; 10-23-2013 at 09:31 PM.

How would the other guys fight Solaris? Starting with Thor...

Not to sound like a broken record (which I most likely will) but unless any of the aforementioned characters can somehow fix the timestream so they will exist in all time periods just like Solaris, then they become Solaris' appetizer(s) (with the dimension being the main course). As little as I know about most of those characters, I know that they are VERY powerful, and at least 2 of them are mid to high level reality warpers.
    it really doesnt help that solaris seems to have, to paraphrase the spoony one, "3 big fuck me lights" on his body. common sense would tell you to aim for those.

whats the strongest attack solaris has taken?

So after seeing the video... not really impressed.

The dimensional distortion is neat and all but the destruction of the timelines is only happening as a side-effect of messing with time. Kind of like removing the base of a house of cards. Even the way they talk about him makes it sounds like they can actually defeat him. It's just a matter of him not really staying down due to his exists in multiple times at once power.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    So after seeing the video... not really impressed.

The dimensional distortion is neat and all but the destruction of the timelines is only happening as a side-effect of messing with time. Kind of like removing the base of a house of cards. Even the way they talk about him makes it sounds like they can actually defeat him. It's just a matter of him not really staying down due to his exists in multiple times at once power.
    and of course the obvious glowing weak points dont help matters. it basically comes down to they saying he can do all this stuff but very little in the way of showing it.

it really doesnt help that solaris seems to have, to paraphrase the spoony one, "3 big fuck me lights" on his body. common sense would tell you to aim for those.

whats the strongest attack solaris has taken?

I would guess that the strongest attack Solaris has taken is Super Sonic's Head Bash.

I forgot to mention that during the second phase of the fight (where Solaris vaguely resembles the Legend of Zelda crest) Solaris has some sort of barrier up that not even the three super hedgehogs could penetrate. The only way they could penetrate it was when Solaris dropped it in order to attack... but to avoid running afoul of the no-limits fallacy argument, I will state that a being of sufficient power could shatter the barrier, but they would have to (at the bare minimum) exceed the combined powers of Super Sonic, Super Shadow, and Super Silver. In other words, this person would have to be able to at least be able to murderstomp these three at the same time.

I would guess that the strongest attack Solaris has taken is Super Sonic's Head Bash.

I forgot to mention that during the second phase of the fight (where Solaris vaguely resembles the Legend of Zelda crest) Solaris has some sort of barrier up that not even the three super hedgehogs could penetrate. The only way they could penetrate it was when Solaris dropped it in order to attack... but to avoid running afoul of the no-limits fallacy argument, I will state that a being of sufficient power could shatter the barrier, but they would have to (at the bare minimum) exceed the combined powers of Super Sonic, Super Shadow, and Super Silver. In other words, this person would have to be able to at least be able to murderstomp these three at the same time.
    so pretty much every one i mentioned. gotcha.

so pretty much every one i mentioned. gotcha.

Pretty much. However, I still fail to see how The Flash (either Wally West or Barry Allen) could take down someone like that.

Pretty much. However, I still fail to see how The Flash (either Wally West or Barry Allen) could take down someone like that.
    blizt the fuck lights with IMPs until dead.

blizt the fuck lights with IMPs until dead.
    That might be possible, save for one little issue: Solaris floats in a (time-space) Void, with no solid footing. And The Flash can not fly.

That might be possible, save for one little issue: Solaris floats in a (time-space) Void, with no solid footing. And The Flash can not fly.
    that is we are talking about a arena match.