Page 386 of 386 FirstFirst ... 286336376382383384385386
Results 5,776 to 5,790 of 5790

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    Another thing that I would like to see in the sequel is a giant robot attacking downtown Metropolis! It would be so cool. The scene could begin with a rumbling noise and then cut to Clark and Lois at the Daily Planet and Perry giving them their next assignment when the camera reveal shows the robot walking past the Daily Planet and Lois making a quip about how Perry's assignment can wait. Then cut to Clark changing into Superman (with customary shirt rip) and Perry wondering where Kent went?
    I don't give a shit if it's cheesy I want Perry to say GREAT CEASER'S GHOST!!
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

I think could also agree that the Amazons should be updated. I could do without them being a bunch of men hating savages.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I don't give a shit if it's cheesy I want Perry to say GREAT CEASER'S GHOST!!
    That line could work. What's more a good way would be to introduce Jimmy into the same scene. Have Perry watch the robot walk past the Daily Planet’s windows "Great Caesar's ghost!" Perry exclaims. He's so shocked that his cigar falls out of his mouth and a young man next to him picks it up. "Here you go Chief." Perry looks back at him, wondering who he is? "Olsen, Chief. Jimmy Olsen." Right, Perry says matter-of-factly before quipping "Don't call me chief!"

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    That line could work. What's more a good way would be to introduce Jimmy into the same scene. Have Perry watch the robot walk past the Daily Planet’s windows "Great Caesar's ghost!" Perry exclaims. He's so shocked that his cigar falls out of his mouth and a young man next to him picks it up. "Here you go Chief." Perry looks back at him, wondering who he is? "Olsen, Chief. Jimmy Olsen." Right, Perry says matter-of-factly before quipping "Don't call me chief!"
    HA!!

Cue to Lex silently watching the whole thing in the privacy of his Lex Corp building.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    HA!!

Cue to Lex silently watching the whole thing in the privacy of his Lex Corp building.
    With Luthor, I picture him as somebody who has a variety of masks he wears both publicly and privately. He has cameras all over the city. So he can watch what is happening in what he believes is his city.

I think realism is fine as long as it adapts to the changing world. Imagine how much our world would change if Superman showed up tomorrow...what would society be like a year after that? The MOSII world should be completely different from MOS in that the world has witnessed the impossible and a god now lives among them. Things dont need to be grounded, but they dont need to be over the top crazy either. Stay true to sci fi and make it blend well.

I think the WW origin should be handled as rumor. I think her story should be handled as all great mysterious people's stories are...with hypothesis and conjecture. have people discuss Steve Trevor offhand and the mysterious island where he met WW. Have people mention they have heard stories about the daughter of Zeus lost to time or how she was molded from clay to be a warrior. Embrace the fact that in the comics she has various origins by using those various origins to cloud her character in mystery. (for those that watched Smallville, think of how they used the Flash and how he had aliases as all the various Flashes from the comics) You can further flesh it out in her solo movie. Maybe the WW film is her quest to learn her origin and save the Amazon people.

Batman all you need to do is have Lois talk about Bruce Wayne when he visits Metropolis (or they visit Gotham) and how he has obviously been damaged by the death of his parents. Batman should be a rumor...almost a Kaiser Soze type character that few have seen and no one speaks about. He is similar to the Post-Crisis Urban Legend version...

I also think Star Labs should be introduced and a massive accident should happen...mention the name of a certain doctor whose son is a football player. Or, if they go the Martian Manhunter route...maybe have Clark interview a cop for a story...have his name be "Jones" and play off that.

I think hints should be made to previous heroic actions that had been ignored previously. Before Superman things like that were often treated like ghost sightings or Area 51 conspiracy theories, but since the Massacre in Metropolis (I love that title...I can see Lex using that in interviews and as the headline of newspapers) the government has been researching and finding out the truth. Hints of CADMUS or Checkmate, nods to characters that might not be shown but are Easter Eggs. (Arrow is all over this...like what they did with Vibe and Iris West in the last episode) Build the world by adding to the tapestry, not beating us over the head with a hammer.
    Last edited by dhandler01; Yesterday at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dhandler01 View Post
    I think realism is fine as long as it adapts to the changing world. Imagine how much our world would change if Superman showed up tomorrow...what would society be like a year after that? The MOSII world should be completely different from MOS in that the world has witnessed the impossible and a god now lives among them. Things dont need to be grounded, but they dont need to be over the top crazy either. Stay true to sci fi and make it blend well.

I think the WW origin should be handled as rumor. I think her story should be handled as all great mysterious people's stories are...with hypothesis and conjecture. have people discuss Steve Trevor offhand and the mysterious island where he met WW. Have people mention they have heard stories about the daughter of Zeus lost to time or how she was molded from clay to be a warrior. Embrace the fact that in the comics she has various origins by using those various origins to cloud her character in mystery. (for those that watched Smallville, think of how they used the Flash and how he had aliases as all the various Flashes from the comics) You can further flesh it out in her solo movie. Maybe the WW film is her quest to learn her origin and save the Amazon people.

Batman all you need to do is have Lois talk about Bruce Wayne when he visits Metropolis (or they visit Gotham) and how he has obviously been damaged by the death of his parents. Batman should be a rumor...almost a Kaiser Soze type character that few have seen and no one speaks about. He is similar to the Post-Crisis Urban Legend version...

I also think Star Labs should be introduced and a massive accident should happen...mention the name of a certain doctor whose son is a football player. Or, if they go the Martian Manhunter route...maybe have Clark interview a cop for a story...have his name be "Jones" and play off that.

I think hints should be made to previous heroic actions that had been ignored previously. Before Superman things like that were often treated like ghost sightings or Area 51 conspiracy theories, but since the Massacre in Metropolis (I love that title...I can see Lex using that in interviews and as the headline of newspapers) the government has been researching and finding out the truth. Hints of CADMUS or Checkmate, nods to characters that might not be shown but are Easter Eggs. (Arrow is all over this...like what they did with Vibe and Iris West in the last episode) Build the world by adding to the tapestry, not beating us over the head with a hammer.
    Interesting stuff.

Yeah I don't mind some reality mixed in with the fantasy but not too real that it becomes boring. For instance in MOS they explored the possibility that what if there are other lifeforms out there and exactly how much power they'll posses. Pretty much like RL in the possibility of other lifeforms in space has been a subject of debate.

With Superman and the Kryptonians exposed I wouldn't mind people questioning the possibility that what if other things man believed are false happens to be true? It leaves open for alot of easter eggs WB can put in. Like how Arrow is doing when building it's universe.

I like how Diana's origin concept should be handled but I think with Diana it should be a sense of adventure kind of thing. She wishes to explore other worlds and learn from its culture so she stopped by on our world with interest to learn about the culture and the people who live in it.

I agree on Diana, she came to "Man's World" to explore and learn. She can articulate her motivations I just think her origin should be shrouded in mystery.

I also think Superman's existence should cause people to believe what was once unbelievable. Maybe mention myths like Atlantis, something most mock as ridiculous but now something worth exploring. (bam you just added Aquaman without casting or anything) Taking zyrsons idea of a robot, maybe have it be created by T.O. Morrow or a Professor Ivo. There is all sorts of ways to use Superman as the ushering in the era of the Superhero while still having heroes exist previous to him...they just were myths and legends before, jokes and stories that showed up on the History Channel on Ancient Aliens or the like. (like maybe the idea of a Martian Society in the past) Maybe make mention of entire industries popping up that have been exploring these legends in the hopes of finding out truths. (and cashing in)

I wont lie, I really wish Harry Lennix's character had been "General Jones" so he could end up being J'onn. He would just be so damned perfect in the role...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    Interesting observation. Hadn't thought of it that way but yes, Marvel believes in Cap and Thor and Ironman. WB/DC seems not to believe in Superman. Hence directors like Singer and Snyder who don't get it. And what seems to be happening with this next film.

One of the Forbes articles mentions that Captain America has proven a "boy scout" superhero can make hugely successful and critically acclaimed films. Captain America has become/is becoming this generation's Superman. Thank you Marvel for showing that good guys can remain true to their roots and still finish first - even in the jaded world of Hollywood.
    Yep. Marvel has the confidence in their characters that DC lacks. Marvel is very proud of their great characters, and their movies are showing the entire world why those characters were so beloved in the first place. I know eventually their films will deteriorate-Thanos is just a kill kill kill villain and I expect them to get bored and start killing their characters off in the movieverse, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts, because WB/DC will never get any characters even remotely right except for Batman.

I will say that it is a huge blessing in disguise that Marvel does not have the X-Men and Spider-Man rights, otherwise they'd probably just cram Wolverine and Spidey down people's throats like WB does with Batman. That's a lot of why less famous characters like Iron Man and Thor have gotten their chance to shine.

There is no chance WB will ever get Superman right. They just hate the character too much, and you cannot have any success with something you don't believe in.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

Yeah WB hates their characters...that is why they have spent the past 2 decades putting them all over TV including now not just Arrow but Flash, Constantine, Gotham and iZombie. (not to mention more in the pipeline) Add in 10 years of Smallville, 10 years of the DCAU, the DC Animated movies etc yeah WB sure does hate their heroes.

Can people please stick to the topic. Thanks

Fan-art for Man of Steel 2/Batman vs. Superman:

Original link to image:
    http://th09.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...ku-d7e91i2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dhandler01 View Post
    Yeah WB hates their characters...that is why they have spent the past 2 decades putting them all over TV including now not just Arrow but Flash, Constantine, Gotham and iZombie. (not to mention more in the pipeline) Add in 10 years of Smallville, 10 years of the DCAU, the DC Animated movies etc yeah WB sure does hate their heroes.
    Didn't learn his lesson from the ban and still spewing the same old tired noise. WB does not hate Superman AT ALL. He's been portrayed constantly in media for decades. WB knows that Superman is one of their main players and markets him as such. MoS and MoS 2 are extensions of that. They've found something successful and are trying to capitalize. Pure and simple,

I don't think realism means what's being said here. It has to do with how would the world actually react if these super-powered beings existed. It also means grounding the characters in things familiar (like how WW might be a demi-goddess but maybe we see her argue with her mother, something we all can relate to). Think about it, was SM depowered in MOS or was any unbelievable elements left out? I would argue the alien aspects were amplified, even the addition of the codex upped the ante. I have no worries that WW will lose her mystical origins. As for BM, he's a mortal, but I'd love some cool never-before-seen bat gadgets. Sometimes it seems 007 has better toys.
    If you can dish it out but can't take it...you are neither Super nor a Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    Gal Gadot was hired for at least 3 films. One is a solo Wonder Woman and it likely will come first before a solo Batman to give her film a boost from Batman/Superman. Seems WB wants to really get a successful WW franchise going. And in the process be the first studio to launch a mega-bucks female superhero set of films. Assuming WW hits it big Gadot will get options for more WW. This could be very lucrative for her. 6 or more films as Diana.

So far the only "sure" upcoming films are JL, WW1 and Batman 1. If WB is hot on the 3 franchises they could do WW and JL 1 in 2017, Batman 1 in 2018 and JL 2 in 2019. Probably shouldn't get hopes too high though - this is WB.
    Its hard to picture a Wonder Woman solo movie being a mega-bucks success. Just look at Green Lantern and other failed attempts by Warner Bros to bring DC characters onto the big screen. Successes like The Avengers/Iron Man 3 or even Spider-Man are rare when it comes to superheroes. I think because of the success of Marvel/Disney and other studios its easy to think there will be tons of DC superheroes heading to the big screen in solo adventures, but I dont think that is going to happen. Even the next film by Warner Bros (Batman vs. Superman) is over two years away.