Page 127 of 404 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 6047

Quote Originally Posted by Charlus View Post
    The "one breast" comment? Really?

Gal... you´d better shut up, get your skinny butt into the gym and eat your carbohydrates...
    Also, the Wonder Women of the new world doesn´t have big breasts?

What kind of a stupid comment is that?
    But the one breast comment, c´mon!
    I thought it was a good comment, because breasts do not define Wonder Woman, and only the mentally and emotional malnourished would think that they should...
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

New fan poster for Batman vs Superman that I found on the web:

Original link for image:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BcfR9gLIgAA8jn4.jpg:large

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post

Original link for image:
    That's Awesome...
    Originally Posted by Francisco
    In a few years no one other that some aging fanboys like you would remember anything about the Donner film.

Welcome to The Lexrules Hall of Shame...

Quote Originally Posted by Superman 1265 View Post

LOL that is quite funny

Quote Originally Posted by TommyJones1945 View Post
    Someone actually likes Superman Returns?????????????????????
    Quote Originally Posted by jdn24 View Post
    I know. I am shocked at that also. I did not think such people existed.

Quote Originally Posted by dhandler01 View Post
    You know if you guys hate the movie so much you can just avoid discussing it. I mean I know it may be tough what with that gun at the back of your head forcing you to read this thread and other web sites that discuss the movie but I am sure you could muster up the courage to try. We all get it, you didnt like MOS and dont care for the idea of the sequel.
    You know, if you hate reading all viewpoints on the movie, you can avoid reading the thread. We get it, you don't like negative comments. You don't like negative comments that are repetitious, just as there are others who don't like supportive comments that are repetitious. But if you don't want to be exposed to, or take part in, the discourse, then the best solution is to leave it to those who do.
    In my opinion is implied in every post. Please make an effort to remember that.

Many people criticize Cavill for his wooden acting. Even before Man of Steel (which did nothing to change many people's opinion of his acting.) In fact if you want to see why he isnt so good at acting, I recommend watching The Cold Light Of Day which was a massive flop.
    Cavill was decent. What I didn't like was how the script didn't think he had anything important to say. When he's arguing with his parents just before the tornado scene, he is obviously conflicted and progressing through a stage in his life. When he finally gathers his taughts and is going to speak his mind the script cuts him away and gives us that terrible tornado scene. We miss out on a great opportunity to learn more about Clark's perspective on being different (which if you note was the whole goddam point of the film) and his relationship with his adoptive parents. But noooo…that was too deep i.e. boring.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    You know, if you hate reading all viewpoints on the movie, you can avoid reading the thread. We get it, you don't like negative comments. You don't like negative comments that are repetitious, just as there are others who don't like supportive comments that are repetitious. But if you don't want to be exposed to, or take part in, the discourse, then the best solution is to leave it to those who do.
    Agreed, because what everyone needs is the 5000th rehash of what everyone thought about MOS.

I don't know about anyone else, but I read this thread to see what may be coming from the sequel which, from what I can gather from the title, is supposed to be the topic.

Original link for image:

That is awesome! Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    It's not a movie for everyone that is for sure. While I did enjoy it for what it was I was also sad in some places during the movie. It is a Superman for a New Modern audience and we all need to understand that this is what it is now. Beyond all the good and bad the movie had, Henry Cavill proved he could play Superman in any era with both his look and confidence he brought to the role. A good start that I hope by the end will please all Superman fans and give us all what we are looking for.
    Well said, Lex. Here's the thing. Zack Snyder came in and made it a point to cater to NOBODY, especially the fans who he knew he could potentially lose in the process. Man of Steel was a Superman movie never seen before. A Superman we've never seen before. The controversial (upon many) moments signify that his direction was to get a rise out of the new embodiment Supes must head towards.

The team drew their line in the sand and finally created a modern Superman on screen that broke several rules when it came to what fans seemed to cry out for and I just think that's a brilliant step for Superman to take. He needed this. I do believe that Snyder has most of the fanbase where he wants them. I think the double standard against Superman has become so outrageous that it's damn near impossible to create the perfect Superman story, but Snyder went against the grain and you HAVE to atleast admire that.

When it comes down to it, the Superman character has been takin' for granted for many, many years so what Snyder did with him was to burn this new take on Supes into people's heads so that when Superman does do countless number of things RIGHT, which I'm sure he'll do moving forward in this franchise, people will appreciate him more.
    Last edited by Tra-EL; 12-27-2013 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tra-EL View Post
    Well said, Lex. Here's the thing. Zack Snyder came in and made it a point to cater to NOBODY, especially the fans who he knew he could potentially lose in the process. Man of Steel was a Superman movie never seen before. A Superman we've never seen before. The controversial (upon many) moments signify that his direction was to get a rise out of the new embodiment Supes must head towards.

The team drew their line in the sand and finally created a modern Superman on screen that broke several rules when it came to what fans seemed to cry out for and I just think that's a brilliant step for Superman to take. He needed this. I do believe that Snyder has most of the fanbase where he wants them. I think the double standard against Superman has become so outrageous that it's damn near impossible to create the perfect Superman story, but Snyder went against the grain and you HAVE to atleast admire that.

When it comes down to it, the Superman character has been takin' for granted for many, many years so what Snyder did with him was to burn this new take on Supes into people's heads so that when Superman does do countless number of things RIGHT, which I'm sure he'll do moving forward in this franchise, people will appreciate him more.
    MOS completely caters to people who hate Superman and think he is fundamentally flawed and must be massively changed. Every frame of the movie screamed out that Superman is a shitty, old and outdated character, that his creators are nothing but old dead men, and that his fans are nothing but old farts. There was nothing but contempt for the character and everything he stands for in every scene in the movie. It was a movie made by people who hate Superman for people that hate Superman.

I understand that there are some Superman fans who are so faithful and so wanting for him to be popular that they are willing to accept anything no matter how blasphemous and degrading to the character it is. And I understand some fans came to the character in the John Byrne era, and so have been taught for years that the classic Superman was garbage. So I know there are people who are fans of "A" character called Superman that had no reason to be insulted by MOS. But anyone who knows Superman's core roots, where the character came from and how and why he was created, should find MOS to be a personally insulting movie. Because not only does every frame of it scream that Superman as Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster created him is stupid and outdated and they are dead anyway, so who cares, but it also says that fans like me are nothing but old farts and hopefully we will die soon, and certainly not soon enough to satisfy them.

I will not cut corners about this: I have gotten death threats on this very board from fanatical haters of classic Superman before. The very act of daring to stand up for Superman AS HE WAS INTENDED TO BE against the huge corporation that is WB is hated in many circles. But I do not care. I have no power as a fan, but at least I have my rights to say what I think. And what I think is Zack Snyder and people like him hate Superman and hate fans like me even more.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

Sorry Kurosawa, but that's a bit over the top and I will respectfully disagree. To say it was made for Superman haters created by Superman haters is the most outrageous thing I've ever laid eyes on. First and foremost, a Superman, as you would say, hater, would not even give MOS the light of day to even give a shit to see it in the first place. If you've seen MOS, you atleast have some fondness of the character that has a very rich pop culture phenomena following and/or was interested in a summer blockbuster flick where superheros are now at their peak.

Second, I get that old timers like yourself felt that it was a slap in the face and was insulted but at the same time, no true Superman fan, as you would call it, are never one in the same. There are so many interpretations that go into a 75 year history of not only comic books, but other media I wouldn't care to describe that what you would label as "a true Superman", another person would beg to differ and look at him in an whole different light. Who's to say who's wrong? You?

Lets not get too carried away. I understand your deep, deep passion for Supes (I know because you wouldn't feel the need to backhand this movie so many times) but the film really catered to nobody, which starts Superman off as a reboot on clean footing and maybe, just maybe, you'll end up getting the Superman you love in the end. Afterall, Man of Steel was his beginnings and his core, true elements are not even close to being explored yet. Again, I highly disagree with you. Man of Steel may be the start of something special for the character for all the reasons why you despise it above. He'll simply...grow.

And seriously..death threats? People need to get a goddamn life.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie512 View Post
    I hope you're proud of yourself.
    What does CIN mean?

Why do you ask me, you say, I don't know. You should tell me what it means?

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    On this Joyous holiday season, All is now right with the world.
    It gets better...