Page 199 of 201 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201 LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 3004

"Birdmen! Amazing!" Tarou exclaimed nearly leaping in excitement. "You think they're all different types of birds? Would a seagull-man attack me if I were to draw out my leftover funnel cake?" Tarou questioned hardily. "I wonder if the guards on the night shift are owls...Guess I'll have to explore to find out!" Tarou shrugged, quickly wandering into town.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    "As much as that probably would have been a good idea... We really can't afford to kill a member of every race we come across. I mean.. So far, you've been better friends to us than our own kind. Probably a good think we keep the relationship on as good terms as possible."

He paused.

"Plus he didn't really seem all that bad at the time. Next time..." He shrugged.
    Green shrugged. "Suit yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Birdmen! Amazing!" Tarou exclaimed nearly leaping in excitement. "You think they're all different types of birds? Would a seagull-man attack me if I were to draw out my leftover funnel cake?" Tarou questioned hardily. "I wonder if the guards on the night shift are owls...Guess I'll have to explore to find out!" Tarou shrugged, quickly wandering into town.
    Before he could go wonder, he would find Green's staff blocking hi path.

"You humans really don't listen," Green grumbled. "Alright, let me break it down for you. This is not our city. This is Queen Sonia's city and we are more like guests here. You are our guest; so you the guest's guests. Not even that because Ginkaku didn't really clear it with the King beforehand."

Green went on. "If you humans just wander around on your lonesome, it's going to 'cause some commotion. That's why you need me to lead you around for now."

Green then sighed. "With that said, I am getting bored here too, so let's start our tour."

Green opened the door and lead the group outside.

OOC: Alright, guidelines.

Most of the city is open to you; so you can explore, but you need to do it as a group. So no one can go off on their own, at least not just yet.

Green will always be around. If you have any questions about places, you can ask him.

Have fun, it will be some time before you get called by the Queen.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

"Green, is there a small shop where I could purchase a souvenir for my and niece? I was lucky enough to snag my pack and money before leaving."
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

Wins on CBR

Drinks Two Cups Of Tea! Captain England's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    "It's not about the leg thing," Green said. "Well, it is but not in the way you'd think."

Green sighed.

"Kinkaku as you may have noticed is an ass. Before the King got to him? He was worse. Now, the King made such an impression on him, the idiot decided to keep the wound he got in that fight as a badge of honor. The leg thing."

"Enlightened Mastery of the Flesh," Green recited in a deliberately self-important voice. "That's what he calls it anyway. If he doesn't want something to heal, it won't heal. If he wants it to heal faster, it will. It's also how he didn't bled to death after cutting off his leg."

"In his fight with you, he lost his favorite wound. That's why he cut his leg off. It was a big blow to his pride and Kinkaku is all about pride."

"Plus, he is a really sore loser," he added as an afterthought.

"Hold it pal," Green said. "While I like the idea of getting outside, we need some ground rules first.... well just one really."

The monkey pointed at himself. "You don't go anywhere without me keeping an eye on you. Not really friendly, but that's the way it is."
    Finds self in strange city. Monkeys talking still.

Crosses arms.

"So many refusal to illuminate truth. No true ruler to be supporting dishonourable general. And henceforth in turn dishonourable acts are to bring disgrace to pledged lord."

Stares at talking monkey.

"You are to learn this. There can be no worthy pride without grace and honour."

Before he could go wonder, he would find Green's staff blocking hi path.

"You humans really don't listen," Green grumbled. "Alright, let me break it down for you. This is not our city. This is Queen Sonia's city and we are more like guests here. You are our guest; so you the guest's guests. Not even that because Ginkaku didn't really clear it with the King beforehand."

Green went on. "If you humans just wander around on your lonesome, it's going to 'cause some commotion. That's why you need me to lead you around for now."

Green then sighed. "With that said, I am getting bored here too, so let's start our tour."

Green opened the door and lead the group outside.

OOC: Alright, guidelines.

Most of the city is open to you; so you can explore, but you need to do it as a group. So no one can go off on their own, at least not just yet.

Green will always be around. If you have any questions about places, you can ask him.

Have fun, it will be some time before you get called by the Queen.
    Yawns.

More talking.

"Yes. Yes. Great danger to break accord as would need to waste great arrows on Birdpeoples or Monkey."

Shrugs.

"You are to show where is food and drink."

Pauses.

"As is fitting for people. Not as is meant for birds."

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    "Green, is there a small shop where I could purchase a souvenir for my and niece? I was lucky enough to snag my pack and money before leaving."
    "Well, there ain't really "souvenir shops". Not much tourism around. Hidden city and all that."

Green scratched his chin. "But the artisans can make some pretty nice stuff. Oh! They have these dolls which have another doll inside which have a smaller doll inside which have a smaller doll which have a smaller doll... you get the idea."

"Alright, let's get going."

Quote Originally Posted by Captain England View Post
    Finds self in strange city. Monkeys talking still.

Crosses arms.

"So many refusal to illuminate truth. No true ruler to be supporting dishonourable general. And henceforth in turn dishonourable acts are to bring disgrace to pledged lord."

Stares at talking monkey.

"You are to learn this. There can be no worthy pride without grace and honour."
    "The King loves all his subjects," Green replied while leading them out. "For better or worse."

He stayed silent for a moment. "Well, I say it like that but if not for him we'd be dead."

Yawns.

More talking.

"Yes. Yes. Great danger to break accord as would need to waste great arrows on Birdpeoples or Monkey."

Shrugs.

"You are to show where is food and drink."

Pauses.

"As is fitting for people. Not as is meant for birds."
    "Don't worry about that one. Really, I have no idea how these guys can stand to eat so little meat and so much vegetables. A guy needs meat! Lucky for you, I now all the best places."

He closes his eye for a moment. "Right so food and souvenirs... I got i!"

He smiled. "Follow me people, we're going to the Bazaar!"

Green leads them out of building. The streets are full of Birdmen of all shapes and sizes. Some fully birdlike. Others almost human. They can see males and females, young and old. The city is buzzing with activity.

Naturally, they attract many stares. Thankfully these are mostly curious as opposed to fearful or hostile.

Green takes them through a wide set of stairs to one of the lower levels. There they reach the Baazar. The place is filled with shops of all kinds and the smell of food is in the air.
    Last edited by Hazard; 04-15-2014 at 05:24 PM.

:As he was among the touring crowd in the Bird city, it reminds him of the other tower. The Bird attack, and how he, and the others killed their warriors. Including their general. The guilt washes away, looking to them all, but not saying anything.:

"All I want is food and maybe new weapons. As I lost mace and big sword back there." *Mace was with Lars, and Ignaoci got hit by big sword but not well made it so had to use regular sword.:

"The King loves all his subjects," Green replied while leading them out. "For better or worse."

He stayed silent for a moment. "Well, I say it like that but if not for him we'd be dead."
    Listens to response.

Pauses.

"You are to more explain as to rulers actions in saving Monkey."

Quote Originally Posted by Chou Blaster View Post
    :As he was among the touring crowd in the Bird city, it reminds him of the other tower. The Bird attack, and how he, and the others killed their warriors. Including their general. The guilt washes away, looking to them all, but not saying anything.:

"All I want is food and maybe new weapons. As I lost mace and big sword back there." *Mace was with Lars, and Ignaoci got hit by big sword but not well made it so had to use regular sword.:
    He will find the Baazar is mostly suited to his needs. Food is plenty and there are some weapon shops around.

Bladed weapons are easy to find. It seems like the Birdmen prefer them. Blunt weapons present a challenge, though he does manage to see a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain England View Post
    Listens to response.

Pauses.

"You are to more explain as to rulers actions in saving Monkey."
    "It's kind of a long story," Green said. "But yeah, why not?"

"As probably know already, all non-humans without Inheritance were reduced to beasts. Now the Council, that's the rulers of the major races in case you didn't know, goes around spreading the Inheritance and stuff, but it's not like the process was always so neat and tidy."

"The Birdmen and Trolls were among the first species to be freed. The Dragons are hard to pinpoint and the Sea Tribes always had some use of reason due to living under the sea. The Monkeys were the last major race to be freed," Green narrated. "There are up to fourth generation Birdmen around, as in the great-grandkids of the ones originally freed, granted all of them are babies. Us Monkeys? We barely have a second generation."

Green frowned and tightened his grip on his staff. "Unlike the other races, we were at disadvantage. Some races had culture. As in they had cities, texts, and other stuff. Things they just needed to rediscover. This city was build before the Dark War for example. As I hear it the leader of the trolls even remembers what happened before the Dark War."

"We didn't get that." Green shrugged. "We had no guidelines. We had always been nomads. We didn't leave writings or cities. All we know about our ancestors we learned from the records other races kept. So there you have us, recently freed, and with no clue what to do. We don't naturally form packs so we didn't even have that. We were just a bunch of wild monkeys that had recently regained reason."

"We might have gotten a bit out of hand," Green said with a sheepish smile. "We could think clearer. We were smarter and there was plenty of booze, females and revenge to be had. The last one is the big one. Some of us started to attack the knights. Others didn't really discriminate. It didn't turn out so well for us. We had no organization to speak of, and we were just painting a giant target on our race's back."

"The King was among those who called for order. Scattered attacks against humans were not doing anything other than hurting us. We didn't listen."

Green grinned this time with real joy. "He made us listen. He called upon a ritual, an ancient thing. Complicated stuff that I don't really get but the point was the loser had to obey the winner. Repeat a bunch of times and he had not only subdued the major troublemakers but bound them to him. Other monkeys started gathering around, pledging loyalty to the King, Like that the chaos ceased, we hid away from the knights, and hello Monkey Kingdom. Had it not been for him we would still be just scattered animals running to their deaths."

He made a face. "Like Kinkaku. Why can't he be more like Ginkaku?"

Interlude II

It hurt.

The Monkey King swore under his breath as he collapsed on a luxurious couch of his room in Sonia's palace

It really hurt.

What was up with that gorilla strength? Wasn't he supposed to be the monkey here? Granted, he had broken most of that man's ribs, but looking at how he fought, you wouldn't even notice.

He so had to figure out that trick.

Fine.

Whatever. His body would take care of it. The important thing was not to show it and he was a master of that.

A King could not look weak.

A King had to be grand. Greater and larger than life.

"My lord," a voice said upon entering to the room. "I bring news."

The monkey who had entered said no more. He did not even more closer.

"Speak Xuanzang," the Monkey King said.

"The report of casualties has arrived. The King would be glad to know losses were lower than expected."

Expected.

There was a funny word.

"What about the other casualties?" He asked, casting his gaze to the ceiling.

Other. The ones not from their side.

The knights. The humans.

Other.

Xuanzang bowed. "That will take longer to determine my lord."

"Then get to it already."

Nothing more was said between the two. The other monkey bowed one last time and left the room.

The Monkey King frowned. "Get out already. I really don't appreciate it being watched."

The shadows on the room crawled and swelled up as something came out of them.

The Monkey King rested his cheek on his fist. "Demon. I imagine he send you then?"

The demon bowed. "It is as you say, your highness. My lord sends me with a question of utmost importance regarding your recent actions."

"What's there ask?" The Monkey King asked, twirling his staff. "The attack was a success. It may have been ahead of schedule but I saw a chance and I took it. Another tower is down. If he wants tips, I am afraid he will have to come in person."

"My lord asks, why did you help the humans," the Demon asked.

For a moment, there was silence in the room.

"Are you perhaps the worst message taker ever?" the King asked.

"The goal was to launch simultaneous assaults at all control towers. The attack of the Birdmen proved their towers are not as heavily guarded as initially assumed. By launching an all out attack, we could have destroyed them all before the existence of the Council was fully known by the Humans."

"However, you launched the attack before the proper time. In doing so, you forced the other generals to attack before it was time. Their troops were not ready and it is not likely their attacks will succeed. Furthermore, the knights will now know we are aware of the locations of the towers and that we are organized. They will be ready for us. They will increase the security and send more knights; so why-"

The Monkey King slammed his staff on the ground, silencing the demon.

"Those are some pretty bold accusations you are making of my wonderful self. That's the type of accusation that can make a king kill a demon, you know?"

"So," the King said, standing up, staff in hand. "Let me ask you something, are you sure you did not hear wrong?"

The demon said nothing. He merely faded into the shadows.

The Monkey King snorted. "Thought so."
    Last edited by Hazard; 04-16-2014 at 12:04 PM.

He will find the Baazar is mostly suited to his needs. Food is plenty and there are some weapon shops around.

Bladed weapons are easy to find. It seems like the Birdmen prefer them. Blunt weapons present a challenge, though he does manage to see a few.
    Hjalmaar wasted no time. Replacing his gear came first. Food came quickly after.

When he returned to the group, he had considerably less coin than when he started, but was carrying two new daggers, and a pack full of ... things; as well as enough food for three people. Smiling, he sat down close enough to listen to Green tell his story, and started in on his meal.

He never realized how hungry healing made him.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

:Notes his lack of money, so ends up with a saber and some non meat diet special. He was a omnivore. Meaning meats, fruits, veggies? All good for him. Besides was wanting something fresh, not iron ration.:

"It's kind of a long story," Green said. "But yeah, why not?"

"As probably know already, all non-humans without Inheritance were reduced to beasts. Now the Council, that's the rulers of the major races in case you didn't know, goes around spreading the Inheritance and stuff, but it's not like the process was always so neat and tidy."

"The Birdmen and Trolls were among the first species to be freed. The Dragons are hard to pinpoint and the Sea Tribes always had some use of reason due to living under the sea. The Monkeys were the last major race to be freed," Green narrated. "There are up to fourth generation Birdmen around, as in the great-grandkids of the ones originally freed, granted all of them are babies. Us Monkeys? We barely have a second generation."

Green frowned and tightened his grip on his staff. "Unlike the other races, we were at disadvantage. Some races had culture. As in they had cities, texts, and other stuff. Things they just needed to rediscover. This city was build before the Dark War for example. As I hear it the leader of the trolls even remembers what happened before the Dark War."

"We didn't get that." Green shrugged. "We had no guidelines. We had always been nomads. We didn't leave writings or cities. All we know about our ancestors we learned from the records other races kept. So there you have us, recently freed, and with no clue what to do. We don't naturally form packs so we didn't even have that. We were just a bunch of wild monkeys that had recently regained reason."

"We might have gotten a bit out of hand," Green said with a sheepish smile. "We could think clearer. We were smarter and there was plenty of booze, females and revenge to be had. The last one is the big one. Some of us started to attack the knights. Others didn't really discriminate. It didn't turn out so well for us. We had no organization to speak of, and we were just painting a giant target on our race's back."

"The King was among those who called for order. Scattered attacks against humans were not doing anything other than hurting us. We didn't listen."

Green grinned this time with real joy. "He made us listen. He called upon a ritual, an ancient thing. Complicated stuff that I don't really get but the point was the loser had to obey the winner. Repeat a bunch of times and he had not only subdued the major troublemakers but bound them to him. Other monkeys started gathering around, pledging loyalty to the King, Like that the chaos ceased, we hid away from the knights, and hello Monkey Kingdom. Had it not been for him we would still be just scattered animals running to their deaths."

He made a face. "Like Kinkaku. Why can't he be more like Ginkaku?"
    Listens to talking.

"So you are to say monkey ruler attempt to bring honour to monkey without honour".

Pauses.

"To indeed think of such a thing".

Nods.

"To be ruler creating code of monkey being".

Indeed.

"Yes. Yes. Is understood."

OT: Need a few days off from RPging. Will be back in writing form soon.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    OT: Need a few days off from RPging. Will be back in writing form soon.
    No worries.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

A they walked the bazar, Thomas looked at everything critically before picking up a small jade figurine of a horse, hooves reared up, for his niece and a simple but elegant necklace for his sister.
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

Wins on CBR