Page 96 of 200 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2989

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "I'm not much of an engineer or expert of magitech design." He went ahead and said in advance as he briefly skimmed over the blueprints, "...but perhaps before they may have been unnecessary, they might be quite valuable with our current situation."
    "Perhaps..." Tarou nodded. "But, ironically, for one who's essentially half-magitech, I have no idea how to unlock these upgrades. At least not now....I need an expert, I imagine..."

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Perhaps..." Tarou nodded. "But, ironically, for one who's essentially half-magitech, I have no idea how to unlock these upgrades. At least not now....I need an expert, I imagine..."
    "I could possibly help in theory, but it is best if you found a magitechnician." He replied, spending just a few more moments studying the designs before he ultimately lost interest in the blueprints.
    Quote of the Month
    “Did you know that YuruYuri isn't a manga about explosions?! If it were, it would be a school life manga, but better!”
    - Nana Nishigaki, YuruYuri

Overlord of Soap Operus MrSandman's Avatar

"Hey Bart! Im glad to see you're alright, I couldn't find you during the battle though, you get somewhere safe or something?"
    "Ahhh, I was off battling the wicked minions of the baron....they overwhelming my attention to the point I was drawn away from the battle proper. Thankfully I defeated them all quite handily, a few dozen undead are no match for an experianced bard such as myself." Bart said proudly.

"Look who's up."

Hjalmaar commented with a chuckle.
    "Charming as usual." Bart flashed a smile. "But you'll see I've proven capable enough, I've discovered some valuable information that I belive will be of use in our quest..." He raised the journal for everyone present to see. "Quite an interesting read....almost makes me feel a bit worry for the baron. Once more it appears the hand of our friends in the white phoenix is at play."

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Ahhh, I was off battling the wicked minions of the baron....they overwhelming my attention to the point I was drawn away from the battle proper. Thankfully I defeated them all quite handily, a few dozen undead are no match for an experianced bard such as myself." Bart said proudly.
    "What minions?" Jordanian asked suspiciously as he walked up. "There were none after the giant was formed."

"Charming as usual." Bart flashed a smile. "But you'll see I've proven capable enough, I've discovered some valuable information that I belive will be of use in our quest..." He raised the journal for everyone present to see. "Quite an interesting read....almost makes me feel a bit worry for the baron. Once more it appears the hand of our friends in the white phoenix is at play."
    "Their hands are in many things, it seems. May I see that journal?" He held his hand out.

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

"maybe they were leftovers or something, or Bart found some strange stragglers?" Blue suggested, eyeing the journal
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Hjalmaar started laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    "maybe they were leftovers or something, or Bart found some strange stragglers?" Blue suggested, eyeing the journal
    When he calmed down enough, he looked at Blue and shook his head.

"It's a typical Bard trait, Blue." Hjalmaar responded. "They exaggerate to make themselves look good, even when we know better than to believe them." He shrugged.

"Valiant effort, anyway, Bard."

"So you went through the Baron's study and found a journal." Hjalmaar responded.

"I suppose that's better than falling asleep during a fight."
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    After having watched all of what had happened between Miss Tetra and Blue, Hjalmaar only had one thing to say when she mentioned that she needed a test subject.

"How can you improve your skills if you don't practice?" He asked before saying simply. "I volunteer to be the practice."
    "I understand your problem, but Hjalmaar is a pretty durable dude, I think he can take it, but that's if you're okay with working with him you know? Though I can understand if you're hesitant. I'm glad you like the name Blue Buster too, it's really cool!"
    "To be honest," Tetra replied, addressing Blue at the moment, "the only two people that could properly help me with this are you and Thomas." Or, if it came down to it, myself, she kept to herself as she switched focus to Hjalmaar. "Not that you aren't tough, mind; the force that's protected you from Blue's attacks would likely protect you from the Gift as well. Which would be somewhat... less than helpful. So, for that matter, would any attempt to practice on you without that force active. It'd be like trying to practice on Barthelimus at that point."

"Why good day my friends! I trust pleasentness abounds!" Bart yelled with good cheer as he approched Hjal, blue and Tetra. Best to keep his more plesent face on for the ladies, and hopefully Hjalmaar was in a good enough mood to ignore the small fact Bart had missed most of the baron fight.

If all else fails, a good news trumpcard was in his pocket.
    Speaking of which...

"Of some measure, yes," Tetra replied as the bard seemed to enter on cue. "Strange how I just mentioned you, and here you are."

"Hey Bart! Im glad to see you're alright, I couldn't find you during the battle though, you get somewhere safe or something?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "What minions?" Jordanian asked suspiciously as he walked up. "There were none after the giant was formed."

"Their hands are in many things, it seems. May I see that journal?" He held his hand out.
    Hjalmaar started laughing.

"It's a typical Bard trait, Blue." Hjalmaar responded. "They exaggerate to make themselves look good, even when we know better than to believe them." He shrugged.

"So you went through the Baron's study and found a journal." Hjalmaar responded.

It seemed that, for the moment, the discussion shifted gears.

"I assume you've read it already, right?" she asked, curious to know what information lay within.
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    "To be honest," Tetra replied, addressing Blue at the moment, "the only two people that could properly help me with this are you and Thomas." Or, if it came down to it, myself, she kept to herself as she switched focus to Hjalmaar. "Not that you aren't tough, mind; the force that's protected you from Blue's attacks would likely protect you from the Gift as well. Which would be somewhat... less than helpful. So, for that matter, would any attempt to practice on you without that force active. It'd be like trying to practice on Barthelimus at that point."
    The last sentence of what she had to say was mildly offensive.

But the rest of it made sense, sort of.

"The force that protects me from Blue's punches and kicks, and the force that allows me to physically interact with magic are different, Miss Tetra." Hjalmaar finally responded. "But I see the point you are trying to make, and I do understand."

She didn't want to hurt him. Which was very sweet.

"But, in the future, I'd prefer if you didn't liken me to the Bard."

He smiled.

OT: Just so it's not being misunderstood- I doubt it is anyway- but Hjalmaar's only able to physically handle magic with Ruin of Mages it doesn't do anything to protect him, but he's getting the +20% from the Shield of Will, which is why he was able to swat away the Blue Buster without taking damage.

It seemed that, for the moment, the discussion shifted gears.

"I assume you've read it already, right?" she asked, curious to know what information lay within.
    "It would explain the silence from him up until this moment."

And what a wonderful silence it had been.

"Oh ye of little faith, You'd be surprised at what a bard can do." Bart shurgged with a grin.

"Ha....fall asleep....where do you come up with such amusing fiction!" Bart laughed loudly, in an obvious attempt to change the subject. Thankfully he had a perfect converstaional piece, and while he handed the journal off to to Thomas he had memorized it enough to not need on hand. "Apprently the crystal, which I might add was decribed suspiciously like our inheritence, was upgraded prior to the Barons fall from grace with magitech from the white phoenixs. If his progressively deteriorating mentality was any indication, tapping into the crystal also played a role in his decent into....whatever he is now."

Bart rubbed his chin in thought, while posing. "But more importantly, our late baron seemed to have mapped out the possible locations of several other towers, I assume of the same brand and function....and also I assume a componet in our persuers plot!"

double post
    Last edited by Froggy; 12-01-2013 at 10:49 PM.

Blue listened to Tetra's statement. "So wait, I can figure out that I'd help you by doing what I just did, but with Mr. Drood, it'd be the stuff he does with his staff right?" Blue would ask, mimicking Thomas Drood's movements with no staff in her hands

Then came the information about the crystal. "So wait, several mor etowers does seem like a good lead, that journal is very important, great find Bart!" she'd say, patting him on the back

Blue listened to Tetra's statement. "So wait, I can figure out that I'd help you by doing what I just did, but with Mr. Drood, it'd be the stuff he does with his staff right?" Blue would ask, mimicking Thomas Drood's movements with no staff in her hands

Then came the information about the crystal. "So wait, several mor etowers does seem like a good lead, that journal is very important, great find Bart!" she'd say, patting him on the back
    "Ha Ha Ha....Expect nothing less my dear." Bart chuckled and gave a overtheatric bow.

As different as it was from the normal type of attention he received from the ladies, any attention was good attention...or so the bardic arts say.

"Oh ye of little faith, You'd be surprised at what a bard can do." Bart shurgged with a grin.
    "You are very quick," Hjalmaar responded.

"So I suppose you have that going for you."

"Ha....fall asleep....where do you come up with such amusing fiction!" Bart laughed loudly, in an obvious attempt to change the subject.
    "Not fiction when you watch someone pass out, Bard."

Thankfully he had a perfect converstaional piece, and while he handed the journal off to to Thomas he had memorized it enough to not need on hand. "Apprently the crystal, which I might add was decribed suspiciously like our inheritence, was upgraded prior to the Barons fall from grace with magitech from the white phoenixs. If his progressively deteriorating mentality was any indication, tapping into the crystal also played a role in his decent into....whatever he is now."

Bart rubbed his chin in thought, while posing. "But more importantly, our late baron seemed to have mapped out the possible locations of several other towers, I assume of the same brand and function....and also I assume a componet in our persuers plot!"
    "Was that what the explosion of black stuff was?"

Hjalmaar asked curiously.

He'd been in the middle of something at the time, and had been fairly certain it was the hallucinations spawned by a concussion.

"I thought that was just the concussion."

"You are very quick," Hjalmaar responded.

"So I suppose you have that going for you."

"Not fiction when you watch someone pass out, Bard."

"Was that what the explosion of black stuff was?"

Hjalmaar asked curiously.

He'd been in the middle of something at the time, and had been fairly certain it was the hallucinations spawned by a concussion.

"I thought that was just the concussion."
    "I havn't the foggest what it was, I was only just returning when the blast wave hit......knocked me off my feet it did. But the result of a concussion? No...it was real." The bard nodded. "But then it doesn't appear you need a concussion to see what isn't real........honestly.................passed out........you try having a building fall on you." Bart mumbled the last part, nibbling on his thumbnail and glancing to the side.

"I havn't the foggest what it was, I was only just returning when the blast wave hit......knocked me off my feet it did. But the result of a concussion? No...it was real." The bard nodded. "But then it doesn't appear you need a concussion to see what isn't real........honestly.................passed out........you try having a building fall on you." Bart mumbled the last part, nibbling on his thumbnail and glancing to the side.
    "I was there when the castle collapsed on the Giant, Bard. You weren't. Now please, this is starting to get annoying." Hjalmaar sighed, then moved on.

"What I was concerned about, was the energy shockwave was a result of head trauma. But that doesn't seem to be the case, which means I do not have a concussion."

He probably did.

Not that it showed.