Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 227
  1. #211
    the best there is beserkerclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    point loma san diego ca
    Posts
    2,455

    Default

    With M and Karima on the team now i wonder if it will be 8 members or some leave or Die. I know the most popular one is rogue dies due to Uncanny Avengers. I guess well see. Based on Solits we have:

    Psylocke
    M
    Omega Sentinal
    Jubilee(not in solits but shes not leaving as long as Wood writes lol)

    Storm and Rachel stay obviously thier bickering isnt done yet im sure

    Kitty going to Scotts Team

    and Rogue hmmm.

    M being the hevy hitter with super strengh and flight fills Roguye stop on conviently borrowing those types of powers from Notrthstar and What not. I hope not i like Rogue I like M too but still lol
    X-men,Wolverine,Spider-Man,Invaders,Nick Fury Sr,Black Widow,Cap BUcky

  2. #212
    Junior Member brooklyn13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Threnody is a tragic character usually manipulated by some villain...i believe she was once an item with Nate Grey back in the day. but hasn't been used much since...
    I also love it when writers can breath life into a character like that...its funny that the thread became about her because she's practically Z-List. She's never even been on a team before, though she has appeared on covers

    I'm glad to see Karima and Monet join X-Men. Good choices. They're great characters as well... I was hoping someone would put Frenzy somewhere, even as a teacher in Wolverine and the X-Men. She'd fit there.
    Last edited by brooklyn13; 10-20-2013 at 09:53 PM.

  3. #213
    the best there is beserkerclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    point loma san diego ca
    Posts
    2,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brooklyn13 View Post
    Threnody is a tragic character usually manipulated by some villain...i believe she was once an item with Nate Grey back in the day. but hasn't been used much since...
    I also love it when writers can breath life into a character like that...its funny that the thread became about her because she's practically Z-List. She's never even been on a team before, though she has appeared on covers

    I'm glad to see Karima and Monet join X-Men. Good choices. They're great characters as well... I was hoping someone would put Frenzy somewhere, even as a teacher in Wolverine and the X-Men. She'd fit there.
    Yeah i would like thredony used anywhere and yeah since Frenzy is at the school id love for her to be used. heres hoping aaron wises up and uses her on several arcs in Amazing X-Men
    X-men,Wolverine,Spider-Man,Invaders,Nick Fury Sr,Black Widow,Cap BUcky

  4. #214
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Could that possibly be Candra on the X-men cover? Or is it confirmed to be Amora? Candra has worn head pieces in the past, and has a nasty history with storm, so maybe it's a possibility?

  5. #215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alee13 View Post
    Could that possibly be Candra on the X-men cover? Or is it confirmed to be Amora? Candra has worn head pieces in the past, and has a nasty history with storm, so maybe it's a possibility?
    Wolverine and Kane recently killed her but hey... that could be her brought back

  6. #216
    Junior Member cuttlefish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Why does everyone think Rogue is going to die? I haven't been paying attention to Uncanny Avengers, but I thought Remender just said he was going to kill someone, and didn't specify who?

  7. #217
    ♥♥ dilettante ♥♥ Pixie_Solanas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    46,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cuttlefish View Post
    Why does everyone think Rogue is going to die? I haven't been paying attention to Uncanny Avengers, but I thought Remender just said he was going to kill someone, and didn't specify who?
    She's painfully outdated, chere. Her gimmick holds no currency in this in-tune milieu.

  8. #218
    Spend your love on me Project Initiative Cascada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beserkerclaw View Post
    With M and Karima on the team now i wonder if it will be 8 members or some leave or Die. I know the most popular one is rogue dies due to Uncanny Avengers. I guess well see. Based on Solits we have:

    Psylocke
    M
    Omega Sentinal
    Jubilee(not in solits but shes not leaving as long as Wood writes lol)

    Storm and Rachel stay obviously thier bickering isnt done yet im sure

    Kitty going to Scotts Team

    and Rogue hmmm.

    M being the hevy hitter with super strengh and flight fills Roguye stop on conviently borrowing those types of powers from Notrthstar and What not. I hope not i like Rogue I like M too but still lol
    Why does someone need to go in order for someone else to join? I think they can just manage fine with M on the team, since they don't have a mutant on the team with super strength. I didn't know Karima is joining the team as well? Isn't she just recovering from being possessed and almost killed by Psylocke?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    She's painfully outdated, chere. Her gimmick holds no currency in this in-tune milieu.
    You're so unpleasant even I'm impressed. Do you visit orphanages to explain there's no Santa?

  9. #219
    Senior Member MichaelChen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia/Emma/Grey View Post
    Why does someone need to go in order for someone else to join? I think they can just manage fine with M on the team, since they don't have a mutant on the team with super strength.
    Yes they do.


  10. #220
    ♥♥ dilettante ♥♥ Pixie_Solanas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    46,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia/Emma/Grey View Post
    Why does someone need to go in order for someone else to join? I think they can just manage fine with M on the team, since they don't have a mutant on the team with super strength. I didn't know Karima is joining the team as well? Isn't she just recovering from being possessed and almost killed by Psylocke?


    You're so unpleasant even I'm impressed. Do you visit orphanages to explain there's no Santa?
    How do we have any progress without the hard truths? What's unpleasant is that this sexist icon of t&a is still allowed to jiggle her ass around like it's the early 90s, before the media became the message in unto itself? I'd grant her a reprieve if there was a hint of delicious irony to her, but all depiction is painfully upright. They're even claiming her to be functionally literate, what with the "books" always in reach.
    Last edited by Pixie_Solanas; 10-22-2013 at 10:09 AM.

  11. #221
    Spend your love on me Project Initiative Cascada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    How do we have any progress without the hard truths? What's unpleasant is that this sexist icon of t&a is still allowed to jiggle her ass around like it's the early 90s, before the media became the message in unto itself? I'd grant her a reprieve if there was a hint of delicious irony to her, but all depiction is painfully upright. They're even claiming her to be functionally literate, what with the "books" always in reach.
    Sorry but I was just joking around with that post. I felt the time was ripe to quote that Emma Whedon line. But yes, I agree that Rogue has really been downgraded these last few years by her writers.

    I hope someday she shapes up to the status that you want to see her in, and gains back your respect.

  12. #222
    ♥♥ dilettante ♥♥ Pixie_Solanas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    46,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia/Emma/Grey View Post
    Sorry but I was just joking around with that post. I felt the time was ripe to quote that Emma Whedon line. But yes, I agree that Rogue has really been downgraded these last few years by her writers.

    I hope someday she shapes up to the status that you want to see her in, and gains back your respect.
    This Marvel.com Character Countdown trollage has me on edge, chere.

  13. #223

    Default

    I'd be great to see Threnody again
    "More like Earth is getting kicked to the curb and Magma just stands still." - Pixie_Solanas

  14. #224
    I'm just a po' boy Craig Zlitscht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Under a Mushroom Plant
    Posts
    1,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post


    ALL-NEW X-FACTOR #1 & 2
    PETER DAVID (W) CARMINE DI GIANDOMENICO (A)
    CoverS by JARED FLETCHER
    ISSUE #1 –
    Variant Cover by Salvador Larroca
    Sketch Variant by Salvador Larroca
    Young Variant by Skottie Young
    Blank Cover Also Available
    ISSUE #2 –
    Variant Cover by J. Scott Campbell
    “NOT BRAND X” Parts 1 & 2
    X-FACTOR IS BACK…LIKE NEVER BEFORE! Serval Industries, one of the world’s most trusted names in electronics and leader in cutting-edge internet and weapons technology, has just unveiled their newest contribution to society…the All-New X-Factor. Led by mutant mistress of magnetism, Polaris, the team uses its corporate backing for the betterment of society. With her half-brother Quicksilver, notorious thief, Gambit, and more by her side, can Polaris trust that her corporate masters really have good intentions?
    32 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T+ …$3.99 (EACH)



    SAVAGE WOLVERINE #14.NOW
    RICHARD J. ISANOVE (W/A/C)
    Variant Cover by Phil Noto
    Sketch Variant by Phil Noto
    Animal Variant by TBD
    Blank Variant also Available
    “THE BOOTLEGGER”
    SURVIVING THE BLACK ROLLERS! In the 1930s Dustbowl, Logan is a bootlegger carrying whiskey down from Canada, until he finds himself the accidental caretaker of a group of orphans whose family was targeted by the mob. Now Logan must choose between the anonymous life he’s been meticulously building or stepping out into the spotlight again to defend the innocent. A tale of family, betrayal and revenge all set against the hard-scrabble life of the Great Depression, this is a chapter of Wolverine’s life you won’t want to miss!
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99



    ALL-NEW X-MEN #22.NOW
    BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W)
    STUART IMMONEN (A/C)
    Variant Cover by Dale Keown
    Sketch Variant by Dale Keown
    X-Men 50th Anniversary Polybagged Poster Variant by Various
    Animal Variant by TBD
    Blank Variant Also Available
    “The Trial of Jean Grey”
    The arrival of the original X-Men in the present sent shockwaves through the Marvel Universe, but we’ve only seen the effects on Earth. When alien races learn that Jean Grey, host of the destructive Phoenix Force, is back on earth, they do something about it. Now it’s up to the rest of the All-New X-Men and the Guardians of the Galaxy to save Jean Grey from twisted intergalactic justice! Don’t miss two of Marvel’s biggest franchises crossing over for the first time!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    the o5's new costumes.....are...alright....appropriately new and modern. although they look like color coded power rangers. cyclops' new costume looks like his blue and white X-Factor one minus a cowl. and why does hank have those early 2000 era'd yellow shades? is it like an attempt at identity discretion?
    Bitch, you're crazy.
    Cyclops fans stay strong, stay true, stay humble. IN CYCLOPS WE TRUST
    AguynamedJames "jean desiring logan is akin to bestiality."

  15. #225
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkdiviner View Post
    The problem with Threnody on the All-Female X-men would be that a lot of new characters are coming on in the next arc and I would prefer her to return somewhere less busy. I still feel so spoiled that we are going to be getting M and Omega Sentinel joining the book that having Threnody also reappear would be to much to take. Also, Brian Wood has given us enough diversity on one book so I would like to see the other teams try to include more people of colour in their ranks. I am still waiting and wondering where Mirage, Warpath, Frenzy, Karma, Darwin and Cecelia will end up.

    I feel the ideal place for Threnod would be in the upcoming All-New Factor, where she can get the M treatment of being pulled out of obscurity and having a good writer develop her away from all the noise on the other big books. Her powers are also an aspect that might intrigue Peter David since his last run focused a lot on death.

    Is Threnody considered Black or is she magically Puerto Rican? BTW...where the HELL is Miss Sinister? Better yet..who is she gonna have sex with next?!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •