Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Witchblade, #170

RON MARZ RETURNS TO WITCHBLADE! Sara Pezzini has been a cop, a mother, a girlfriend, and a private investigator. She is none of those things anymore. The only thing tying Sara to her past and preventing her from forging a new chapter in life is the Witchblade. But with everything else gone, who will Sara Pezzini be if she gives up the Witchblade?

Full article here.

BANNED

Ah hec yeah the new art and coloring is fantastic

Looking forward to this.

Did that just spoil the ending of Darkness Falls?
    virtue untested is innocence.
    When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember it is still an evil.

you mean that book whose official announcement was...jackie estacado dies? XD

Time Displaced Victim Anotherdae's Avatar

Nice homage there Silvestri!
    Side by side covers: http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net...jpg?1381850986

Alright, this looks as great as I was hoping. I really hope, though, that the delay on this was due only to maybe trying to match it up with the rest of Top Cow's terrible terrible scheduling. I was really looking forward to this two weeks ago! That exchange between Sarah and the mayor is fantastic.

Wow, that art and coloring is just beautiful. Really looking forward to this!

Art looks good, and glad Marz is back. I was borderline dropping this, but that's out the window now. :)

At last, full CG illustrations are out of the game!!!! That's what I call "great art"!!!

I was about to drop the title because of the lot of stupidly "drawn" CG illustrations, but with this few pages, I stay on the title.

As I am a casual reader of Witchblade, it's cool to have the "resume" in a single page. If I really want to know her more, I know what to look at.
    And I do not want to read her past story, it's my choice too but I have the major events of her life.

Last but not the least, it's really cool to have Ron Marz on the book anew!!!! Welcome home!!!!!
    2000 AD of course!!!
    All Hail The Mighty Tharg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fredmanson View Post
    At last, full CG illustrations are out of the game!!!! That's what I call "great art"!!!
    I was about to drop the title because of the lot of stupidly "drawn" CG illustrations, but with this few pages, I stay on the title.
    1.) Sejic has been gone for 19 issues dude

2.) No dude, this might qualify as a stupidly drawn CG illustration

3.) wether you like it or not there is NOTHING badly or stupidly drawn about sejic's work

And you might wanna reconsider insulting artists work over offering legit criticism. Especially when said artist frequents these forums.

now now, let's not go into that discussion XD all i can say is this. i am perfectly capable of doing many styles. the main reason why i did the digital painting one was because doing something impossible as digitally painting monthly comics was my only way of breaking into the comic book industry from croatia.

now whether or not that is someone's cup of tea is your basic discussion of taste. i had my own quirks of taste so i am last to ever call people out on this issue XD

i make it a point to say that i once hated mike mignola's work... just didn't get it. man is a god to me today XD

taste is what it is. sometimes things just don't sit with you. it is not something anyone can explain into liking, so i get that.
    now i am on the crossroads. returning to my roots as now i can afford to switch back to a more drawn approach. hell, next issue of aphrodite will be a quite refreshing new look to the series.

but anyhoo. lets take it back to the fact that laura and betsy are rocking it on the book :)

Fantastic art! Should expect nothing less than first class when it comes to Witchblade.

Can i ask when Ravine Vol 2 is coming out?