Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR TV @ NYCC: Tyler Mane On "X-Men," Dyslexia and An Epic Story

"X-Men" actor Tyler Mane discusses his audition process to get cast as Sabretooth, his new project "Penance Lane," his dyslexia and one of the most epic stories New York Comic Con has ever seen.

Full article here.

Great interview. Tyler seems like a supercool guy.

Can we please get the creative team behind Supernatural to do the installment of Halloween? Mane is great as Michael Myers.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyK View Post
    Can we please get the creative team behind Supernatural to do the installment of Halloween? Mane is great as Michael Myers.
    I'd also like to see a good halloween movie that actually pays respects to Carpenter's vision while having it's own material.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

I really liked Rob Zombie's first Halloween film, and the second had a lot of promise but.....

I really liked Rob Zombie's first Halloween film, and the second had a lot of promise but.....
    I didn't care much about humanizing Myers and the overexposure of Zombie's wife but the rest were decent and it was good seeing Daniel Harris in a Halloween movie again. Although I was hoping she'd play Laurie when I heard she'd be in it. The second movie just completely destroyed what the movie was about.

My wife prefers Rob Zombie's Halloween to John Carpenter's because she liked the explanation of how Michael turned out the way he is; she just never bought into a little kid "turning evil".

Personally (and I've posted this before) I would have liked to have seen RZ's first Halloween movie end with our first glimpse of Tyler Mane as Michael in Smith's Grove. The second would have been the "remake" of John Carpenter's movie, and the final installment could have either been the confrontation or joining of Michael and Laurie in psychopathic mayhem either inside Smith's Grove or Haddonfield Hospital.
    Last edited by DennyK; 10-14-2013 at 05:29 PM.

My wife prefers Rob Zombie's Halloween to John Carpenter's because she liked the explanation of how Michael turned out the way he is; she just never bought into a little kid "turning evil".
    To me the backstory felt cliched IMO. Crappy white trash home environment, crappy parenting, bullied as a teenager, etc. In the original Myers and Laurie once grew up in a middle class home with regular parents. The parts I did like about the backstory was the interactions between Myers and Trejo's character. Didn't really care much about Loomis from the remake as this one he was a complete jerk while in the original Loomis, while shady, is more complex than the one in the remake. I did happen to like the character that played Daniel Harris's character's father. He was one of the few characters in the remake that was likable.

I think what RZ was going for with the Loomis character was how such a horrific event would effect those involved; look at how different Laurie and Annie were. With Loomis he changed from a guy who was actually trying to help Michael into a guy trying to turn his guilt into what happened into a payday.

I think what RZ was going for with the Loomis character was how such a horrific event would effect those involved; look at how different Laurie and Annie were. With Loomis he changed from a guy who was actually trying to help Michael into a guy trying to turn his guilt into what happened into a payday.
    Interesting interpretation as, what I got from it, he was making a profit off of Laurie and Myers troubled life. Even when he was helping Myers

Yeah, I would agree that he was making blood money off of the family in the first movie, but I don't think his character really became an a$$hole until the second one.

Yeah, I would agree that he was making blood money off of the family in the first movie, but I don't think his character really became an a$$hole until the second one.
    True. He was cartoonish in that one.