Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Poll: Do You Think Miracleman Should Take His Place in the Marvel Universe?

Do You Think Miracleman Should Take His Place in the Marvel Universe?

After the final chapter of Neil Gaiman and Mark Buckingham's "Miracleman" saga is published, do you want to see the long-lost hero join the population of the Marvel Universe?

Vote on the poll here.

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

Part of what makes the original Moore and Gaiman stories interesting is the degree to which his actions have long-term consequences for his world. You'd lose that in the perpetually "world outside your window" Marvel Universe.

Plus, he'd be, in some ways, a little redundant in the MU. It's like Captain Marvel at DC. You can get a handful of decent stories out of him in the DCU, but for the most part he doesn't quite fit in a world where the tone is just slightly different (not to mention a world that already has Superman).
    Expletive Deleted

No, simple as that
    Marvel:Scarlet Spider, Young Avengers, Revolutionary War
    DC:Wonder Woman, Injustice, Sandman Overture
    A Bunch other labels

No. Marvel already did Miracleman in the MU. It was the original Sentry miniseries by Jenkins and Lee.

The only reason why Angela even theoretically works is because her gimmick is that she doesn't work in the MU. All we know about her at this point is she keeps saying she's not supposed to be here. Except she's already got that position. Try to do it again with Miracleman... why?
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

BANNED

As much as i want Miracleman thrive in 2014 besides his trades , im going to say No. Maybe he could be written in his own universe?
    Last edited by shadowmon; 10-14-2013 at 12:23 PM.

He has no place in the Marvel Universe. He only works in a world he can have a lasting effect on, and the MU can't be that place.

No way.'without his history he's just another Sentry or Hyperion with no real character. Everything that mass him special isin the original series.

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    Part of what makes the original Moore and Gaiman stories interesting is the degree to which his actions have long-term consequences for his world. You'd lose that in the perpetually "world outside your window" Marvel Universe.

Plus, he'd be, in some ways, a little redundant in the MU. It's like Captain Marvel at DC. You can get a handful of decent stories out of him in the DCU, but for the most part he doesn't quite fit in a world where the tone is just slightly different (not to mention a world that already has Superman).

what do you mean by "world outside your window"?

and OP, i think you mean Megaverse, since these days the term "marvel universe" refers to just 616

It's not going to be 616. It shouldn't either.
    SO LET THIS BE A LESSON. LEARN. YOUR. PLACE. - Prince Freeman

No. It would be pointless.

Obviously not, but Marvel being Marvel, he'll show up in the Avengers sooner or later.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

I hope they do a Punisher kills the Miracle Man family mini. I bet he uses bullets!

BANNED

No. Hell no. Mother fracking hell no.

In the least they definately need to finish up whatever stories Gaiman has to tell with Miracle Man on his own earth.

Afterwards... unless he's given his own title, I think they might as well explore him showing up in the MU, provided any writer has stories to tell.

If they spent time and money on the character, they might as well use him. It's better than just leaving him in limbo. Worse case scenario he doesn't work out well and then they can just stop using him.

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    Obviously not, but Marvel being Marvel, he'll show up in the Avengers sooner or later.
    Closest analogue for that on the team would be Shang Chi. And it took him like 40 years to join.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com