Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

So it looks like Checchetto design of the Punisher is being discarded in this new series.

Makes sense but would be cool if that change of design is aknowledged in this new volume.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

I think Frank should always have the beard. I mean it's not exactly up to general military code, but I find it aesthetically more satisfying. Frank's got no time to worry about facial growth. All that matters is the mission.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

lol, uh, he can still shower and shave. The mission does allow for potty breaks.

the beard was a new level of sexy, but I think the series direction was a big part of that.
    4/9: Iron Fist, Flash Gordon, Doop, Magnus, Superboy, Shutter, Judge Dredd, Ghost Rider, Secret Avengers, X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    I think Frank should always have the beard. I mean it's not exactly up to general military code, but I find it aesthetically more satisfying. Frank's got no time to worry about facial growth. All that matters is the mission.
    It's not like Frank doesn't have a lot of down time. Ennis' MAX run was pretty good at showing how he spent his day. It's not all killing. When hes hungry he goes to diners and bars to grab a meal, he goes out to the woods for target practice, he does research and prep work at his safehouse, he did recon work around the city, he visited contacts in the underworld to get information on the goings on and he spent a lot of time recovering from his injuries.

Oh I know, but I just really like the beard. There aren't enough bearded heroes going around.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

I really like the beard on younger (616) Frank, it makes him seem a little wilder compared to his older self.

Checchetto's design didn't start out with a beard anyway. It just became that way because Frank was hiding out in that shed for what? 100 days since he killed the Vulture and healed up. I really dug the spray painted skull but I won't nitpick.

I like the beard as well, but it's not a huge deal if it's gone.

I like my Punisher with a little scruff, but that's it.
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

I'd like to see Frank become a master of disguise. Or work with someone who is-- after all, he is operating in Hollywood now. He should also have a "Ross the Intern" informant to get intel from sometimes.

That reminds me of the Punisher War Zone movie. The NYPD claimed that they don't arrest Frank because they can't find him. He's a 6'3 burly guy walking around NYC dressed all in black with a skull on his shirt and covered from head to toe in guns. A blind man could recognize him. I found that funny.

I hope Frank likes driving because it takes forever to get around in this city.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher284 View Post
    That reminds me of the Punisher War Zone movie. The NYPD claimed that they don't arrest Frank because they can't find him. He's a 6'3 burly guy walking around NYC dressed all in black with a skull on his shirt and covered from head to toe in guns. A blind man could recognize him. I found that funny.
    Thats true, but on the other hand it's New York. Eight million people and at least half of them are freaks.

It did get kind of silly in Ennis's run where Frank was sitting in a crowded bar and his mugshot flashed on the TV and nobody noticed him. Then again, I think I'd look the other way in that situation.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deep_Sleeper View Post
    I like my Punisher with a little scruff, but that's it.
    Agreed. The beard Frank wore during Rucka's run didn't at all work for me. Mack Bolan always found time to shave between missions, so could Frank.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	396.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	121105

And while I'm no doubt in the minority, I wouldn't mind seeing Frank return to wearing his original "skull suit" (or a variation of same) like in my avatar.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 10-24-2013 at 03:49 AM.
    "We're from Philadelphia, and we fight."
    ---Chip Kelly, Head Coach, Philadelphia Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    I hope Frank likes driving because it takes forever to get around in this city.
    You think the traffic in New York is light?
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!