Thread: The Other Side

Default The Other Side

Iíve been a listener to them for about a year and a half now, and theyíve become one of my favorite anime podcasts. A group of anime fans who show no mercy to more unsavory, and embarrassing aspects of the fandom. They arenít fond of political correctness, and arenít afraid to call out other podcasts. They are also very well spoken, present very informative talking points (Most of the time), and really dive deep into the subject they talk about. I recommend it for people with reasonably tough skin, and someone wanting a pretty good laugh along the way.

Link to their past reviews.
    Have beer, will drink!

A podcast on tvtropes? I'm there.

Anime fans being critical certain aspects of the fandom? This should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakasama View Post
    A podcast on tvtropes? I'm there.

Anime fans being critical certain aspects of the fandom? This should be interesting.
    They did a pretty good show on One Piece, and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure a while back. Pretty comprehensive, and actually well researched.
    Have beer, will drink!

I did like anime and manga in the past but a lot of it seems to me lolis and fanservice. I remember when anime seemed more manly back in the 80's and 90's. I think thats why moved on to Korean webtoons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakasama View Post
    I did like anime and manga in the past but a lot of it seems to me lolis and fanservice. I remember when anime seemed more manly back in the 80's and 90's. I think thats why moved on to Korean webtoons.

I think the Jojo manga kinda reflects that sentiment. The characters went from brolic, to a slimmer appearance. It still kicks ass, however.
    Have beer, will drink!

Have beer, will drink!