Page 142 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142
Results 2,116 to 2,125 of 2125

Quote Originally Posted by Chiasm View Post
    Six or seven tops. The main actors probably won't stick around any longer based on how most shows go and it won't make sense to continue the story with a whole new cast unless its a spinoff which is actually in the works to start next year.
    I don't know. We've already completed 4 seasons. I think six is pretty slim considering this show keeps shattering records.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiasm View Post
    Six or seven tops. The main actors probably won't stick around any longer based on how most shows go and it won't make sense to continue the story with a whole new cast unless its a spinoff which is actually in the works to start next year. They'll wrap up the main Walking Dead show while still having another zombie show on the TV. If you haven't heard of the spinoff the plan is for it to be set in the same world but wholly removed from the current show featuring a different set of survivors in a different part of the country.
    I have heard to possibilities for the spin off - one is that it is set in the same time frame but separated by distance from Rick's. The other is that it is a sort of prequel that takes place at the start of the outbreak - I assume the time just before and during Rick's coma. What have you heard?

Quote Originally Posted by ImpulseUCF View Post
    I don't know. We've already completed 4 seasons. I think six is pretty slim considering this show keeps shattering records.
    Well the 'seasons' are kind of truncated these days compared to what a season used to be. Star Trek got out 78 shows in 3 seasons back in the day.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...ries-z-nation/

Syfy has ordered a 13-episode zombie series....titled Z Nation, the post-apocalyptic horror series is set three years after a zombie virus ravaged the country, as a team of “everyday heroes” transports the only known survivor of the plague from New York to California, where the last functioning viral lab awaits his blood. While the antibodies he carries represent the world’s last, best hope, he also hides a dark secret that threatens everyone. The show is set to air this fall.

“Z Nation is a unique new journey into the long-established zombie genre,” Syfy’s Chris Regina said in a statement. “Instead of existential despair (The Walking Dead), the series offers hope that somehow, some way, humanity will not only survive, but triumph. In producing their first ever weekly series, our long-time partners The Asylum have created a different way of telling an iconic story.”

This show seems to be addressing the primary compliant I've had about Walking Dead, in that they are just in a rut of despair and just hole up like rats for simple survival. I am hopeful towards this new series that is more proactive in the characters and attempts to fight the causation of the zombie virus, but have a LARGE grain of salt because the only two good sci-fi series this channel has given us are Battlestar Galactica and Farscape, and pretty much everything else has been garbage to date over many years.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF

Upcoming titles:
    Storm

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post

Syfy has ordered a 13-episode zombie series....titled Z Nation, the post-apocalyptic horror series is set three years after a zombie virus ravaged the country, as a team of “everyday heroes” transports the only known survivor of the plague from New York to California, where the last functioning viral lab awaits his blood. While the antibodies he carries represent the world’s last, best hope, he also hides a dark secret that threatens everyone. The show is set to air this fall.

“Z Nation is a unique new journey into the long-established zombie genre,” Syfy’s Chris Regina said in a statement. “Instead of existential despair (The Walking Dead), the series offers hope that somehow, some way, humanity will not only survive, but triumph. In producing their first ever weekly series, our long-time partners The Asylum have created a different way of telling an iconic story.”

This show seems to be addressing the primary compliant I've had about Walking Dead, in that they are just in a rut of despair and just hole up like rats for simple survival. I am hopeful towards this new series that is more proactive in the characters and attempts to fight the causation of the zombie virus, but have a LARGE grain of salt because the only two good sci-fi series this channel has given us are Battlestar Galactica and Farscape, and pretty much everything else has been garbage to date over many years.
    It's syfy and effects done by the asylum - the people who gave us sharknado and such classic spoofs like princess of mars , the transmorphers , paranormal entity , almighty thor , battle of los angeles , abraham lincoln vs zombies , jack the giant killer etc. Good does not come into it.

If that's your primary complaint, I'd recommend you reading the letters pages of the first few issues of TWD. It might save you some time or at least let you know which show you should dedicate your time to......
    "Cyclops is gonna fry for what he did. Can't wait!" - Cancerous

don't remember how i came across this old commercial the other day, but is the mom sasha?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eN9KP6lOZs

hard to tell but maybe.
    and i'm counting 1, counting 2, counting 3...

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    If that's your primary complaint, I'd recommend you reading the letters pages of the first few issues of TWD. It might save you some time or at least let you know which show you should dedicate your time to......
    seriously

TWD is not a place of joy....nor hope, nor aspiration

it's about where your next meal is coming from and hoping you don't let your guard down at the wrong time
    Support your local roller derby league

I though Farscape was an import? But I think it may have been a joint project but I agree with all you said. Also, this brings to mind what I had commented on way earlier, The Walking Dead with all its faults as a series - sub par writing and casting and harsh budget cuts and frequent changing of show runners - still got boffo ratings which made me ask why are the other networks not copying this formula? TV series always copy successful formulas - it looks like the zombie genre's success took the TV networks by surprise and it took a while to get a series going - ScyFy was smart enough to declare "me too" and make their own variant.

This sounds like "Star Gate" with zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    It's syfy and effects done by the asylum - the people who gave us sharknado and such classic spoofs like princess of mars , the transmorphers , paranormal entity , almighty thor , battle of los angeles , abraham lincoln vs zombies , jack the giant killer etc. Good does not come into it.
    They can surprise as well - they did a very OK War of the Worlds version - actually superior in story (if not in effects) than the Tom Cruise movie they were capitalizing off (Asylum makes movies that are in the same theme as a blockbuster movie and sell it direct to DVD with some sold direct to SyFy).

It can also be a game changer for Asylum and SyFy - AMC was not known for being anything other than an old movie classics channel until they upped their game.