Default Angels are attacking Angel Grove

The Angels from Neon Genesis Evangelion attack Angel Grove.

Can the Megazord and Dragonzord defend the city? How many could they take down before they get overwhelmed?

As much as I love the Rangers, I don't think anything short of the Ultrazord is going to bust their shields.
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Everything for Big Fire BitVyper's Avatar

I could have sworn the Megazord had taken out a mountain with the power sword when Goldar teleport-dodged it at one point, but I just looked up the scene, and he ported out before they had a chance to attack him. I can't think of any other major power feats, so yeah, pretty much what guy said. Although, Billy might be able to techno-babble something up.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    without looking back to shore.
    Faster than light, bending time

Forever
    Wherever

Then they can call in the Thunderzord, Ninja Zord, and Shogun Zord as backup.

They may only call in Ultrazord and Pyramidas once each.

Weird, I looked at the thread title, and for some reason, I could have sworn this was that old "Weeping Angels vs. Sunnydale" thread.

NGE Angels vs. MMPR Sunnydale is a completely different beast. If we grant a Megazord being able to handle Sachiel, they should be able to get past Sachiel and Shamsiel. Ramiel is, as usual, the first big hurdle. Massive power and won't miss is a bad combination. Without using one of the high-end ones, I'm not certain how they can get past it. Maybe sneak in close as rangers and then summon the big guy on top of it? After that is Gahgiel, who should not be too hard to handle. I think the Power Rangers have dealt with Israfel's gimmick before, so they just need another one of the big zords to do the dual attack wth. Sandalphon "I live in lava" is where I would normally say Sunnydale loses. I just do not see how they can bring the fight to it. Matariel.... just has a bad showing all around. No issues there. Sahaquiel is the next big issue - they have to either blow it up way away from ground (Ultrazord or Pyramidas might work there) or catch it.... and I don't see that happening without a kaboom. Iruel.... Billy will take out, possibly with help from Alpha. Or we might have an evil Alpha episode. Not too bad, all told. Leliel.... do any of the Zords have feats for breaking out of alternate dimensions? Bardiel.... probably not too bad. There's usually one instance of "fight the previous version/evil twin" per season, so other than being down a megazord afterwards, it should be doable. Zeruel is another big problem. Not certain that a single megazord can stop it, and there's going to be massive damage all around. Ariel sits way out of range. Not certain if any of the Zords outside of the Ultrazord or Pyramidas has the range and power to take it out. While the average Power Ranger is mentally more healthy than the collected cast of Evangelion, there is no reason to believe it cannot keep attacking over a period of hours or days or weeks until they finally start breaking down. Armisael.... catch and self-destruct. So by the 17th Angel, Sunny Grrove is likely to be out of at least 2 megazords, and have already used Ultrazord and Pyramidas. Who likely shows up as the new 6th ranger (White Tiger Tabris?). I am uncertain if they have the oomph to deal with him at that point. And if you include the 18th Angel.... well, they lose then.

So, the issues are Sachiel (can they win any at all), Ramiel (I have no trouble shooting you while you are down and will shoot at the slightest provocation), Sandalphon (any feats for fighting submerged in lava?), Sahaquiel (catch this!), Leliel (Megazord goes down the hole), Zeruel (simply a boss), Ariel (I mindrape from orbit), and Tabris (White Tiger Ranger Tabris).

Of course, this is provided the Angels attack in order. The OP can be interpreted as "all at once", in which case Sunny Grove loses. Sachiel and Ramiel and Zeruel simply start blasting all of the zords, up until Sahaquiel hits. Iruel and Bardiel and Armisael possess whatever remains, Leliel rings-out one of the remaining units if needed, and then they break into whatever they need to with Tabris with Ariel providing long range "sniper" support on anything on the surface.
    Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

If the Angels DO attack all at once, the Rangers should instantly jump to their last resort plan and pray it works.
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Everything for Big Fire BitVyper's Avatar

I suppose on foot they could potentially teleport right up close, past an AT field, but I don't know that they could do anything once they got there.

Edit: To be fair, if the Angels attacked all at once in an unbloodlusted scenario, I would halfway expect them to fight each other. I always got the feeling that every angel, including humanity (but I guess excluding Tabris) was trying to cause the third impact on their own terms, not really working together. Of course, Angel Grove would still get exploded.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 10-13-2013 at 08:31 PM.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    without looking back to shore.
    Faster than light, bending time

Forever
    Wherever