Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

I was really hoping to see Ultra Girl on the team. Of the group, I only know Justice & Speedball so I can't say for sure I will be on board. Maybe if they bring in Nita or Ultra Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    who are the new members? edit; never mind; I looked them up. I can't say I'm surprised an inhuman made the team, but Water Snake? She'd better have some interesting powers.

Outside of Aracely who is a pretty big supporting character in Scarlet Spider & Sun Girl who either is or is about to debut in Superior team-up (I'm not sure here) they're all complete non entities/new creations. Like I said I'm pretty surprised Cloud 9 didn't get tapped for this because in my mind she always came off like a New Warrior (although she never really was part of Counter Force/New Warriors in ATI)....I know the names & that's it.

Oh well. I guess there goes my hope that Yost would take over the Flash....

I wish him luck on the book anyway...
    "People who believe they are successful, carry themselves well."-Peggy Klaus

Quote Originally Posted by IronMagnus View Post
    She was a founding member of the Legion of Superheroes.
    Heh. So Sun Girl is Dirk in the New 52?

I suppose I'm excited to see New Warriors back, considering how little Marvel does these days that I like. Thrilled Vance and Speedball are in it, and I've liked a lot of what Yost has done. Not so excited about Fake Nova, or another Spider-Clone (it was a horrible failure last time they put a Spider-Clone on New Warriors).

I'll reserve judgment on the rest of the cast, I guess, since I don't know who they are.

Of the older Warriors, I'd really love to see Timeslip. I think of the non-core group, she may've been my favorite (though maybe it was Turbo).

I'd love to see Cloud 9 too. She'd be a great addition to the team.

While I'm thrilled to see a new Warriors series, the promo and interview is kinda scary. If Justice and Speedball were going to form a new team, why aren't any of the initiative kids (Komodo, Cloud 9, etc) involved? Where's Rage? Or Gauntlet?

I know the answer.. Yost is using who he wants to use, but that doesn't mean it'll make sense... it'll just be another random team book with the name, and get cancelled after 8-12 issues.
    Like Kyle Rayner? Check out my classic review thread:

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...s-by-Wildfire)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildfire2099 View Post
    While I'm thrilled to see a new Warriors series, the promo and interview is kinda scary. If Justice and Speedball were going to form a new team, why aren't any of the initiative kids (Komodo, Cloud 9, etc) involved? Where's Rage? Or Gauntlet?

I know the answer.. Yost is using who he wants to use, but that doesn't mean it'll make sense... it'll just be another random team book with the name, and get cancelled after 8-12 issues.
    EVERY writer uses the characters that they want, this is no exception. Also, the first issue hasn't come out yet, so we don't know what the explanation will be. CB fans jumping the gun and prejudging something based on little evidence why am I not surprised?

BANNED

Ill try this at 2.99 price.

Quote Originally Posted by motteditor View Post
    Heh. So Sun Girl is Dirk in the New 52?

I suppose I'm excited to see New Warriors back, considering how little Marvel does these days that I like. Thrilled Vance and Speedball are in it, and I've liked a lot of what Yost has done. Not so excited about Fake Nova, or another Spider-Clone (it was a horrible failure last time they put a Spider-Clone on New Warriors).

I'll reserve judgment on the rest of the cast, I guess, since I don't know who they are.

Of the older Warriors, I'd really love to see Timeslip. I think of the non-core group, she may've been my favorite (though maybe it was Turbo).

I'd love to see Cloud 9 too. She'd be a great addition to the team.
    That was Ben Reilly, this is Kaine. They're completely different. Also, just because you don't like Sam doesn't make him a "fake" Nova. He's a Nova, maybe not the one that you like, but a Nova nonetheless.

BANNED

Kinda have to agree here. I don't know if this team can last guess we'll see. Im glad kaine found a home and all but how does fit with these charcters? Nova is going be the leader? At least the cover wants me to think so.

In limbo apparently forgotten about. The one thing I really dislike with all these young adult/ teen characters is how Marvel will create solid groups of characters like Avengers the Initative, New Mutants, Generation X, etc, etc & make good progress/character development instead of continuing on with said good development of these good characters they for the most part forget about them to only then move on to the next crop of completely new characters.

I know all these writers want to scratch that creative itch BUT there are a ton of these characters just sitting around collecting dust for long periods of time doing nothing. Tom Brevoort has been arguing this very thing on his formspring lately & no big surprise I don't agree with his stance....I know it comes off like people are just trying to force the writers to bow down to our personal whims BUT really all most of us want is for these guys to take a good long hard look at what you already have before creating something entirely new.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Oh well. I guess there goes my hope that Yost would take over the Flash....

I wish him luck on the book anyway...
    Yea I didnt think he would go DC. He's marvel guy to the T

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmon View Post
    Yea I didnt think he would go DC. He's marvel guy to the T
    He did Red Robin.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    He did Red Robin.
    He did but That was long ago before the new 52 era .

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher284 View Post
    That was Ben Reilly, this is Kaine. They're completely different. Also, just because you don't like Sam doesn't make him a "fake" Nova. He's a Nova, maybe not the one that you like, but a Nova nonetheless.
    We don't really know what the Black Nova Corp is since those flashbacks cannot be trusted 1 because Sam's dad was drunk when he told them and second BASIC FACT CHECKING would tell everything that's wrong with the story that Jessie told. Jessie Alexander the first human Nova, Guardians of the Galaxy formed 17 years ago, Rocket wouldn't even be alive and Gamora would be evil and they wouldn't be wearing there Annihilation costumes, Black Nova Corp, Richie was Nova Prime there is no reason he shouldn't know about this and the fact Robbie Rider hasn't shown up maybe adds credence to that, so maybe Sam isn't a Nova or at least part of Rhomann Dey, Rich Rider Nova Corp.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin Spider View Post
    It's not necessarily the same group, but Justice and Speedball were mainstays of the original New Warriors and though we have no clue what became of Night Thrasher
    We know exactly what happened to him. He went 'splodey. Civil War.

But when the X-Men was originally cancelled, the All-New, All-Different team had all of one old X-Man on it.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com