Default Whats the point of The New 52 Omnibus?

As title says.
    Paying 91$ for ONE issue of every series? If the price whould be 3 or 2 times less we whould can say its a more prestige demo of every comics. But 90$ (or normally 150$ and more in other countries)? Yes, i know that it have 1200 pages, but still. You buy something after what you will have only a very small piece of plots.

The point is to get you to pay $90 or more.

You're right, it's basically an overpriced collection of demos, but that doesn't mean much, since almost half of those books are canceled, and an even larger percentage don't have the same creative teams anymore. My advice to you? Get that oneshot DC released when building up to the New 52 that gave a brief synopsis of every book (I'm pretty sure it's free on Comixology) and look up the previews for the first issue of every series featured in that book, and then decide which books you'd like to check out.

DC has made it clear that they intend to release omnibuses for every September "event", so you have to ask the same about the Zero and Villain's Months Omnibuses. Zero Month, like the first omnibus, still has issues for books that got canceled and/or had creative shifts, and with three books, the zero issues were the final ones. Then we have the Villain's Month omnibus, which doesn't even give a fair look at every book that's still going on.

It's like variant covers - it appeals to some, not so much to others.
    The DC relaunch was successful and was executed in what was most likely the best way it could given restrictions we wouldn't know about. No, your idea wouldn't have worked. Now move on.

Yeah; never understood the appeal of the Zero Issue or New 52 #1 omnibuses. As collections, they're rather incohesive (especially since most of the #1s are just the first chapter of a larger arc), and as a sampler, that's a huge buy-in considering all first issues are $1 on Comixology for you to cherrypick from.

That said, I do actually have the Villains Month omnibus on pre-order for December. I'm debating cancelling it, but I've left it for now. I only read a small handful during the actual month, anticipating it would be kind of nice to have 52 one-shot stories from this universe at only a fraction of the cover price (I'm guessing it falls to around $80 sometime before release on Amazon). The only thing making me reconsider is the abysmal quality of many of those issues.

So, really, when it comes to the September omnibi, it depends on the stunt. Particularly, I think it depends on how much each issue can stand on its own. The more they can, the more I can see the appeal of omnibus collections.

They are kind of pointless. I might get the five years later omnibus in late 2014 or early 2015, but I'd rather some new 52 stuff get properly collected.

Morrison's Action Comics, Johns Aquaman being great examples. Azzarello's Wonder Woman perhaps.

As with every book published by DC Comics, the point is to make them money.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

To make money duh.
    What does CIN mean?

Why do you ask me, you say, I don't know. You should tell me what it means?

Hmmm, bout villian month: i'm not sure if they arent one-shots (so they wont just be part of larger arc), or if they even be in normal volumes.

Some of them will be in regular collections. If I recall correctly, the Cyborg Superman issue leads directly into the next Supergirl story arc. So that will be in a Supergirl collection. I can't find the quote right now, but DC has said some books might not be collected at all.
    Free your soul and let it fly....